Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-08-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who is This Year's Alualu?

This thread is for picking a late 1st round or later player who you think will go top 10. Two rules

1) He must be at least #26 on a reasonable Big Board at the time you make your projection
2) No QBs

My nomination is Nick Perry. Currently #30 on Scott's board.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whitney Mercilus.

Who was last year's Alualau? Ponder?

Better question - who is this year's Cam Jordan? Guy who everyone says will surprisingly be a top 12 lock despite being viewed by fans as a top 25 pick that ends up going in the 20s afterall?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephen Hill

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see the Jaguars reaching again on a DE/WR at 7. Mercilus/Perry or Floyd/Hill wouldn't surprise me at all if they reached on one of those prospects.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If that's the criteria 'This years's Alualu' doesn't really seem fitting considering he was viewed up as a early-mid 2nd round pick up until the moment the commissioner announced the pick.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think right before draft day people were saying that Alualu was gonna be a for sure first round pick - but they meant late first round pick......and probably a week before the draft it was commonly accepted that he would be picked in the 30s or 40s.

I think someone like THAT this year would have to be like Jeffery or David Wilson or Kendall Reyes.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I think right before draft day people were saying that Alualu was gonna be a for sure first round pick - but they meant late first round pick......and probably a week before the draft it was commonly accepted that he would be picked in the 30s or 40s.

I think someone like THAT this year would have to be like Jeffery or David Wilson or Kendall Reyes.
I think Reyes fits the bill.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If you recall, it was actually Linval Joseph who getting a little bit of a 1st round buzz and not so much Alualu. Tyson was rated 44th overall on Scott's board which was pretty much the norm. He had actually really elevated his stock to even be in that early 2nd round discussion.

*I really don't know why I'm sh*tting on this. The title just seemed inaccurate and for whatever reason it bugged me that Alualu prospects is being somehow equated to players who are widely considered 1st round picks by the masses.

Last edited by TACKLE : 03-08-2012 at 07:02 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
If that's the criteria 'This years's Alualu' doesn't really seem fitting considering he was viewed up as a early-mid 2nd round pick up until the moment the commissioner announced the pick.
A little better than that, but that is why his name rings bells. Nick Perry, my choice, is about in the same range. Scott has him #30. NFP has him #32.

I must admit Reyes is an interesting possibility. I dont see Hill going quite that high.

J

Last edited by onejayhawk : 03-08-2012 at 07:02 PM.
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Whitney Mercilus.
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
If you recall, it was actually Linval Joseph who getting a little bit of a 1st round buzz and not so much Alualu. Tyson was rated 44th overall on Scott's board which was pretty much the norm. He had actually really elevated his stock to even be in that early 2nd round discussion.

*I really don't know why I'm sh*tting on this. The title just seemed inaccurate and for whatever reason it bugged me that Alualu prospects is being somehow equated to players who are widely considered 1st round picks by the masses.
yeah I think you're right. But I do remember distinctly that right before the draft people were saying "don't be surprised if Alualu goes in the first round" or "he is going to be a late first round pick." I think most mock drafts if not nearly all had him going in early round 2 though I agree.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many times do you plan on starting the same thread? 0_o

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...ghlight=alualu

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would Decastro count?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No.

I like the Kendall Reyes calls. I'll go Bobby Wagner myself.

Could be one of the QBs perhaps

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is Tannehill.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Captain Canuck
Rookie

Captain Canuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairCaptain Canuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairCaptain Canuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairCaptain Canuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairCaptain Canuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairCaptain Canuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairCaptain Canuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairCaptain Canuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairCaptain Canuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairCaptain Canuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairCaptain Canuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Whitney Mercilus.

Who was last year's Alualau? Ponder?

Better question - who is this year's Cam Jordan? Guy who everyone says will surprisingly be a top 12 lock despite being viewed by fans as a top 25 pick that ends up going in the 20s afterall?
Riley Reiff ala Bulaga
Captain Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
No.

I like the Kendall Reyes calls. I'll go Bobby Wagner myself.

Could be one of the QBs perhaps
Well Decastro is being projected as a late round first based on position, but I wouldnt be suprised for him to be to Jacksonville or Buffalo for Top 10 consideration. Jacksonville because they like high character guys and have a major need at OL, and Buffalo because they may go BPA OL.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Well Decastro is being projected as a late round first based on position, but I wouldnt be suprised for him to be to Jacksonville or Buffalo for Top 10 consideration. Jacksonville because they like high character guys and have a major need at OL, and Buffalo because they may go BPA OL.
Well, I think the Jaguars probably have far bigger needs than to go OG. After all, isn't the talk that Britton is going to move inside full-time?
That said, if the Dolphins landed Peyton, and added some veteran skill guys, it wouldn't be the worst move to grab DeCastro there at 8 if they can't deal down.

Stephen Hill in the top 10-12 would surprise me, but it wouldn't shock me.

I'll toss out that I could see a surprise CB go significantly higher than anticipated (maybe Robinson? Maybe Gilmore?). Not saying it will, but, I could see a team going for need at CB and being wary on Janoris/Dre'.

I don't love Fleener, but I wonder if someone reaches for him higher than expected, closer to mid-first.

There's always a bunch of options for fallers. Wouldn't surprise me if the entire DT class slid a bit more than they are being projected to as of now. Heard a Brockers/Marcus Spears comp, and I could see their draft values perhaps being similar (Spears was talked about as a possible top 10-12 that year, before sliding a bit). Not in love with Cox the way people are after the combine. I'm not sold that he's a dominant 3-tech, and I'm not sold that I love him as a 5-tech. Poe has his consistency issues.

I wouldn't be that surprised if Blackmon went more mid-first. A poor time could drop him. For all the teams that are rumored to be linked with Blackmon in the top 10, a poor time and they might set their eyes elsewhere. Won't fall too far, though.

Wouldn't stun me Reiff/Martin both fell. The former's arms will hurt him enough, and the latter won't fit for physical teams that want a bit more. Still, OT talent always gets picked fairly high, so doubt they'd fall too much if they did fall.

Wouldn't stun me if Coples fell hard. Doubt it, due to his raw talent, but work ethic questions can always dog a guy.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My ideas of very surprising, Alualu-like picks:

Michael Floyd over Blackmon (maybe 6th to STL).

Stephen Hill 7th to Jacksonville.

Cordy Glenn 11th overall to KC.

Coby Fleener 15th to Philly (or 18th to Chicago).

Mychal Kendricks could be a surprise first-round pick. I doubt top-10.

And Stephon Gilmore could be a surprise pick top-20 pick and go over Kirkpatrick. Maybe even as high as 9th to Carolina, 10th to Buffalo, 12th to Seattle, or 14th to Dallas.

Surprise first-rounders:

Brandon Weeden
Chris Givens
Brandon Washington
Nick Toon
Brock Oseweiler
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Shea McClellin? Lots of teams need a 3-4 OLB and McClellin compares favorably to CMIII coming out imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:02 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
What about Shea McClellin? Lots of teams need a 3-4 OLB and McClellin compares favorably to CMIII coming out imo.
Great choice especially when you look at the teams picking in the later half in the first round and the fact that he can basically play any LB spot in any defense. Cleveland, Detroit, Pitt, Green Bay, New England, Baltimore, New England again, New York could all potentially big enough need at linebacker and/or edge rusher to warrant taking one in the first round.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilmore to Dallas wouldn't be too extreme IMHO. Especially if Jenkins doesn't pass the "Right Kind of Guy (RKG)" tests that Garrett has been pushing. Kirkpatrick has been projected as a FS by some so passing on him wouldn't be a surprise.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Well, I think the Jaguars probably have far bigger needs than to go OG. After all, isn't the talk that Britton is going to move inside full-time?
That said, if the Dolphins landed Peyton, and added some veteran skill guys, it wouldn't be the worst move to grab DeCastro there at 8 if they can't deal down.

Stephen Hill in the top 10-12 would surprise me, but it wouldn't shock me.

I'll toss out that I could see a surprise CB go significantly higher than anticipated (maybe Robinson? Maybe Gilmore?). Not saying it will, but, I could see a team going for need at CB and being wary on Janoris/Dre'.

I don't love Fleener, but I wonder if someone reaches for him higher than expected, closer to mid-first.

There's always a bunch of options for fallers. Wouldn't surprise me if the entire DT class slid a bit more than they are being projected to as of now. Heard a Brockers/Marcus Spears comp, and I could see their draft values perhaps being similar (Spears was talked about as a possible top 10-12 that year, before sliding a bit). Not in love with Cox the way people are after the combine. I'm not sold that he's a dominant 3-tech, and I'm not sold that I love him as a 5-tech. Poe has his consistency issues.

I wouldn't be that surprised if Blackmon went more mid-first. A poor time could drop him. For all the teams that are rumored to be linked with Blackmon in the top 10, a poor time and they might set their eyes elsewhere. Won't fall too far, though.

Wouldn't stun me Reiff/Martin both fell. The former's arms will hurt him enough, and the latter won't fit for physical teams that want a bit more. Still, OT talent always gets picked fairly high, so doubt they'd fall too much if they did fall.

Wouldn't stun me if Coples fell hard. Doubt it, due to his raw talent, but work ethic questions can always dog a guy.
Out of all these, there is talk of Josh Robinson making a move all the way from round 3 to round 1 by Mayock after his combine performance.