Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
eh max starks was "soft" too, a 6-8 teddy bear for years...i dont think adams is quite that bad.

i do believe that hightower will be the pick though
Trust me when I say Max Starks is a BEST-CASE scenario for Mike Adams. And do you really wanna blow a first rounder on another Max Starks when we could sign the actual Max Starks at a reasonable price.
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh i think his ceiling is much much higher than that. worst case scenerio hes starks imo, best case scenerio hes jonathan ogden lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersrock151 View Post
I did sloop. I'll repost my comments here:
As bad a draft as I've seen for the Steelers. A) Zietler is second round material, not first. They need o-line, but not enough to reach that far. B) We need safety. But Iloka will go down as one overdrafted person if he goes before late 3. Knock on him in college was that he was slow and gets burned deep regularly. Proved at combine he is slow and will get burned deep regularly. C) I can live with a RB, but not top 3. When Mendenhall went down, fill in ran for over 100 yds. Not that big a need. D) Burflict. Not anything worse I can say than that. Go Hightower, Silotolu or Chapman, Martin or Massie, and Allen the way your draft plays out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I understand your concern with not drafting Hightower but I also think your organization will be fine going forward with what they have at ILB. Thus taking one in the first is a luxury.

Meanwhile, the OL sucks, plain and simple. Z in your opinion may be a 2nd rounder but in this weak draft, a lot of 2nd round talents will be going in the late first and Z is one of the better ones to reach for IMO.

Iolka certainly needs work, but that is why he will develop under Troy and Clark. Again, he may be a 3rd round talent, but their isn't much safety depth in this class and if you don't grab one early, you may not get a serviceable one at all. I could have given you Silatolu, but I had already given you a G in the first.

By all accounts you guys will target a RB early and rumor is that Pead is a guy on your raidar, that wasn't exactly who I think you should have taken, but who I think you very well may end up taking in the 3rd if the FO is that sold on him.

Taze isn't exactly hot right now but I think someone takes him in the late 4th early 3rd and he may very well end up producing for you.

I understand the need for NT but I didn't see you guys reaching on one and none were available where you were selecting. Could have gone Ta'amu in the first, but I considered Z the BPA of the two and both fill a need.
I'll repost my response here so it's easier for you guys :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
As I explained earlier, I really don't see the organization taking an ILB in the first.

I know Hightower fits the profile of a Steeler mentality but I feel like the organizaton would view it as a luxury in round one when the line is a much more glaring hole

I don't see the organization reaching on Chapman in the 2nd as I really have him as a 3rd rounder. Wade might as he has suffered for not having a true NT in the past; that is why the Texans reach on one.

I will admit I had a feeling that most Steelers fans on this board wouldn't agree with the picks. I will take this into account but I feel pretty confident in my reasoning.
I'll check back here for any responses. This is a topic which actually interests me as I find myself in the same spot of mocking 2nd rounder types to the Ravens in the bottom of the first. I consider Hightower a 2nd round talent just as much as Z, yet both have been mocked in first rounds lately.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
eh i think his ceiling is much much higher than that. worst case scenerio hes starks imo, best case scenerio hes jonathan ogden lol
Agree to disagree then lol

Just mark my words...Mike Adams is a bum.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Kiper has us taking Hightower in his latest mock draft. He also has Jonathan Martin slipping all the way to round 2. Personally if Martin is there I think he's an ideal RT. How sweet would that be to (hopefully) be set at LT/C/RT for a while with some young studs.

Then could kick Colon inside to guard. Give him a one season tryout and if it doesn't work out then cut him and put his 6 mill a year to good use elsewhere. I know people have mentioned if Colon could play guard we would've moved him there already but RT is a more valuable spot than both guard positions and we've needed him there (when he's been healthy) over the alternatives like Jon Scott/Trai Essex.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have zero doubts colon could play guard, hes been a good RT though so before it would have been a step backward. I like colon a lot, hes a good drive blocking RT, but i do think he could be a beast inside based on his drive blocking being his best asset, not the most nimble pulling guard, but probably a good RG on our oline. i think colon and flo would have been beast on the right side, shame the only reason we got flo was cause colon went down or maybe we could have seen him at guard

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

think they would not draft a NT and bring back anthony gray? let woods, gray, mcclendon, and hood play for NT?

btw im sold on Hightower and Brandon Brooks lately, kinda like them as the first two picks.

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Yeah i just really like the idea fo taking martin if he slips because like you said, Colon couldbe a beast in the run game at guard. And if he gets injured then it's not as big a deal as trying to play Jon Scott or Essex at RT. In theory we would have LT/C/RG/RT set for at least a few years if we got Jonathan martin
Old 03-08-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I give up on Colon moving to guard. If it happens, sweet...but i doubt it will.

would...

1: Hightower (a'la Scotts mock)
2: Ta'aumu (a'la Scotts mock)
3: Brandon Brooks (projected round)

...be the perfect draft?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be definitely content with that draft.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post

would...

...be the perfect draft?
Don't know about perfect, and won't really know until the draft based on whose available at those spots.

But if that was the first two days of our draft, I would sleep soundly on friday night.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post

would...

...be the perfect draft?
pretty perfect. im not CRAZY about taamu, but i think he will be a solid contributor and keep blockers off timmons and hightower and especially hood since he cant keep his own blockers

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, we have some needs this year. Cant remember a year where we have been so needy for starters/future starters.

LG, RG, NT, ILB all need to be addressed a.s.a.p.

RT, FS, RB will all need to be adressed pretty soon too. If not this year, but next.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7 members of our team was at the Miami(Fla.) Pro Day and that includes Tomlin.

Also, John Mitchell was at the Mississippi State pro day to work out Cox.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
7 members of our team was at the Miami(Fla.) Pro Day and that includes Tomlin.

Also, John Mitchell was at the Mississippi State pro day to work out Cox.

Who, in Miami, do you think we were we looking at?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
Who, in Miami, do you think we were we looking at?
Brandon Washington, Chase Ford, Lamar Miller, Tommy Streeter, and possibly Marcus Fortson.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

probably just washington and miller i would say

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Tomlin, Haley, and Lebeau were at the Ohio State Pro Day. Not unexpected, though.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Quote:
Tomlin, Haley, and Lebeau were at the Ohio State Pro Day. Not unexpected, though.
I would expect us to have a good contingent there always, being it's only a 3 hour drive. If Brewster is there in the 3rd I think he's an interesting option to kick out to guard.

I also would LOVE to be able to snag Posey if he's there for us in the 4th round. He was a slight disappointment up until this season. He only played the last 3 games but he was a monster for those 3 games against good opponents. He's not huge (6'2, 211) but would be our biggest wideout. Pretty good vertical (36.5") so he could be a good redzone threat. People never mention this about him but he's a solid downfield run blocker as well. I think he is going to end up being a legit #2 somewhere in the league.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Yes, I would love Posey.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Joseph Addai got cut by the Colts today. I wouldn't mind picking him up as strictly a third down back and he could start if he's healthy enough.

Melvin Bullitt is another guy that intrigues me, but he's only played 6 games the past 2 seasons, so I doubt he'd get signed by someone until he passes a physical.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Looks like Mike Adams was the guy we were looking at when they went to OSU.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just noticed that my rep points went waaay up - not sure who did it or when but thanks.

Also - anyone else wondering when we'll start seeing some new scouting reports from Scott??
CDub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

It sucks that we need a MLB this year because I absolutely LOVE the potential MLB class next year.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It sucks that we need a MLB this year because I absolutely LOVE the potential MLB class next year.
I'm kind of hoping we can get Mike Mauti next year. That's if he can stay healthy this year at PSU

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote