Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-08-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Which is why it's so important to draft well. You can't keep teams together very long in the NFL anymore.

Keep pumping in talent into the dline and WR core, and make do with the rest of it.

This team will look very different in 2014, maybe even 2013.
I'm comfortable in saying that the only players that will definitely be on this team in 2014 are Eli, Nicks, Cruz, JPP, Linval, Prince, and maybe J. Williams. I think everyone else is a toss up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm comfortable in saying that the only players that will definitely be on this team in 2014 are Eli, Nicks, Cruz, JPP, Linval, Prince, and maybe J. Williams. I think everyone else is a toss up.
Problem is 3 of those guys will need new contracts for that to happen.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
That's fair to say.

Which is another reason why I'm perfectly fine with drafting another OLB some time in the draft if the right one is there. By the time we cut Boley, we have a guy in house to replace him. That's how the great teams do it. We have to be ready for that.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would also add Bradshaw to that list as well if he can stay fairly healthy. He has a very reasonable deal. No reason to cut him. And Snee. Even if his play continues to fall, I can't see him wanting to play for another team. I'd like to think he'd be a big team player and come back at a good price.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The big question we have to ask ourselves is do they re-sign Tuck?

That's going to be the biggest possible cut. He's injury prone and honestly won't be worth the money he'll get, but at the same time, he's the face of the defense and we know the Giants are sentimental.

Giving Tuck a big contract moving forward could be a problem.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
The big question we have to ask ourselves is do they re-sign Tuck?

That's going to be the biggest possible cut. He's injury prone and honestly won't be worth the money he'll get, but at the same time, he's the face of the defense and we know the Giants are sentimental.

Giving Tuck a big contract moving forward could be a problem.
I think this season will be big for him. If he plays like he did the last 6 games of the year, he'll probably get an extension.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I think this season will be big for him. If he plays like he did the last 6 games of the year, he'll probably get an extension.
And then he'll get hurt the following year. That's the thing with Tuck. The question has never been about ability. When he's healthy he's a beast. The problem is he can never stay healthy for 2 seasons in a row. He's a walking bandage.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
And then he'll get hurt the following year. That's the thing with Tuck. The question has never been about ability. When he's healthy he's a beast. The problem is he can never stay healthy for 2 seasons in a row. He's a walking bandage.
I think it was in his head this year. He wasn't any less hurt at the end of the year. I think he just found out how to push himself through it. I hate to say it but he may have just been a bit soft in the past. And Rolle called him out on it.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I think it was in his head this year. He wasn't any less hurt at the end of the year. I think he just found out how to push himself through it. I hate to say it but he may have just been a bit soft in the past. And Rolle called him out on it.
Very true. Let's hope. Speaking of Rolle, he's probably gone in 2014.

And in regards to Tuck, he's MUCH better as an inside rusher vs an outside guy. If you noticed, when he kicks in to UT on 3rd down, that's when he gets most of his pressure. He's not a great edge rusher, but when he kicks inside, he's unbelievable.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to add Tuck/Snee to those player but because they're on the lines I thought the injury factor might hurt them. I do think in the end both will still be here also though. I guess I should have added DeOssie also since he'll long snap for us as long as he wants to.

As for Tuck it wasn't just his head/neck that was hurt. In an interview he actually said all of the following were hurt:

Shoulder, Neck, Foot, Knee, Groin, Wrist,tore 2 ligaments in fingers

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The transformation of Rolle has amazed me also. This guy started as a yapper and while he still talks now I see him as the leader of the defense along with Tuck. For him to have that heart to heart with Coughlin and totally change his tune was unbelievable.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah Rolle has definitely changed for the better. I'm amazed at how the light just turned on for him. Him calling out Tuck was the best thing to happen to our season. We don't win the SB if he doesn't do that.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It was certainly one of the major factors.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Did Prince play at all in the Super Bowl?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah. Special teams. I think he might have gotten a snap or 2 on defense too. Not sure.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants will release Jacobs per Garafolos twitter. Thanks for the memories Jacobs, but it was time. Your body has broken down too much to get the salary you demanded.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Me sad even with Jacobs loud mouth. Another great Giant and I'm very upset to see him go.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-09-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Never was a fan of him. Couldn't stand him actually. But thanks for your services and being part of 2 super bowl teams. Good luck to you.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I Never was a fan of him. Couldn't stand him actually. But thanks for your services and being part of 2 super bowl teams. Good luck to you.
I feel like this, but I am sad to see the big baby go. He had a big mouth and didn't always back it up, but he was a big part of our team for the last 7 years?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I feel like this, but I am sad to see the big baby go. He had a big mouth and didn't always back it up, but he was a big part of our team for the last 7 years?
I can understand it I guess. I am listening to the fan and listening to all the Jacobs fan venting on him being cut. LOL. Personally, and this is my opinion going back to doing my game breakdowns and going play by play, but I think Jacobs was the most over rated Giant I can remember. Not only that he was a dirty player, and couldn't keep his mouth shut. There really is nothing I like about that fool.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is he a dirty player?
Old 03-09-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
How is he a dirty player?
Did we all forget games where he got in his boxing stance and start swinging? I didn't, he did that a lot in his tenure here.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did we all forget games where he got in his boxing stance and start swinging? I didn't, he did that a lot in his tenure here.
That doesn't make him a dirty player. It makes him a stupid player who does and says stupid things.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
That doesn't make him a dirty player. It makes him a stupid player who does and says stupid things.
Eh, semantics. I think it's dirty when a player thinks he is boxing when he is offended about something, and starts swinging like he is in the ring. He also smacked the heck out of a skins player in the face. I have a gif on that somewhere. It was on the extremeskins MB a while back. But I am glad he is gone now.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Eh, semantics. I think it's dirty when a player thinks he is boxing when he is offended about something, and starts swinging like he is in the ring. He also smacked the heck out of a skins player in the face. I have a gif on that somewhere. It was on the extremeskins MB a while back. But I am glad he is gone now.
I think dirty is like if he intentionally went out there trying to take people out and end their careers or taking a cheap shot on somebody. Actions like those are dirty.

When I think of Jacobs actions I think more stupidity.