Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Colts Cut Entire Starting Line-Up

Source says Colts have terminated contracts of Gary Brackett, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, and Melvin Bullitt.

more moves from Colts expected soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ianapolis-too/

edit: http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...%7CFRONTPA GE
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free Agency Thread

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should just ask the league to give them an SEC team and let them take their starters.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Andrew Luck
Old 03-09-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
Poor Andrew Luck
he'll probably end up pulling an eli an refusing to go to indy. that would be funny

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-09-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully they can get him an offensive line in the draft. If they can run the ball well (they did last year) he should be able to survive. That said, Colts are going to have a ton of money to spend next off-season.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Hopefully they can get him an offensive line in the draft. If they can run the ball well (they did last year) he should be able to survive. That said, Colts are going to have a ton of money to spend next off-season.
I think a lot of draft picks will need to be used to acquire peaces for that new defensive scheme.

Although this certainly doesn't help the situation.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fleener might be following Luck to Indy to be his safety valve at the top of round 2
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Fleener might be following Luck to Indy to be his safety valve at the top of round 2
this is now my 4th wish for the offseason.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-09-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the Colts LIKED Andrew Luck??lol

I see a rough rookie season ahead for the 'franchise'.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me sad.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it was a good run for the Colts.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
he'll probably end up pulling an eli an refusing to go to indy. that would be funny
The colts should have signed him before they made these cuts...
Old 03-09-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you look at it rationally, these cuts make a ton of sense and don't hurt Luck at all.

Bracket - old, slow, small, and already replaced by Pat Angerer. Massively overpaid. Terrible contract by Bill Polian.

Clark - completely crumbled when Manning didn't play. Dropped every 3rd pass that hit him in the hands. He is a Manning creation. Both Wayne and Garcon stepped up and had 900+ yard seasons. Clark was pathetic, he's over 30, he can't block, and he's gotten hurt a lot. No big loss.

Addai - Lots of wear and tear, not fast, and his knowledge of the Manning offense was his best trait. Overpaid. I like him, he is the toughest loss, but he's a RB. He's replaceable.

Bullitt - Has a glass shoulder and he should've never been paid starter money. Another zero-impact cut.

Meanwhile these cuts free up $25 million in new cap space for 2013.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
If you look at it rationally, these cuts make a ton of sense and don't hurt Luck at all.

Bracket - old, slow, small, and already replaced by Pat Angerer. Massively overpaid. Terrible contract by Bill Polian.

Clark - completely crumbled when Manning didn't play. Dropped every 3rd pass that hit him in the hands. He is a Manning creation. Both Wayne and Garcon stepped up and had 900+ yard seasons. Clark was pathetic, he's over 30, he can't block, and he's gotten hurt a lot. No big loss.

Addai - Lots of wear and tear, not fast, and his knowledge of the Manning offense was his best trait. Overpaid. I like him, he is the toughest loss, but he's a RB. He's replaceable.

Bullitt - Has a glass shoulder and he should've never been paid starter money. Another zero-impact cut.

Meanwhile these cuts free up $25 million in new cap space for 2013.
The biggest hit is lossing leadership, but with a rebuilding team I think it can be good to cut ties with some guys to let new leadership grow. I hope the Colts develop a new attitude and this is a good first step.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with killxswitch. They opened up a ton of cap space and I don't think they lost much at all. They got rid of a lot of dead weight.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I agree with killxswitch. They opened up a ton of cap space and I don't think they lost much at all. They got rid of a lot of dead weight.
Yea he's right. Good moves IMO.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
The biggest hit is lossing leadership, but with a rebuilding team I think it can be good to cut ties with some guys to let new leadership grow. I hope the Colts develop a new attitude and this is a good first step.
Good call. As long as they have younger guys that can step up to the leadership roles then these were fine moves. Not having some locker room leaders really hurts a team and can leave them directionless, especially when they are losing a bunch (which the Colts will be for the next year or two.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Killxswitch hit the nail on the head. Luck isn't losing much.

They still have Saturday, right?
Old 03-10-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Saturday was a FA.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I thought Saturday was a FA.
If so.... this could be really bad. If your relying on your two DE/OLBS(?) and Diem (he still there?) to be the only locker room leaders, somethings gonna happen
Old 03-10-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Killxswitch hit the nail on the head. Luck isn't losing much.

They still have Saturday, right?
I'm pretty sure Saturday is a FA and/or might retire.

Looking at the Colts offensive depth chart, I see Castonzo and that's about it. I don't know about any of the other OL, but there isn't anything at WR, TE, or RB of note. The offense is almost nonexistent.

Luck will just grow another gnarly neck beard that lead the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post

Looking at the Colts offensive depth chart, I see Castonzo and that's about it. I don't know about any of the other OL, but there isn't anything at WR, TE, or RB of note. The offense is almost nonexistent.

I know Mike Pollack is there too, and that guy from Tennessee with the long last name.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:53 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post

Well Ijialana is there and will probably play G or T along with Diem probably playing G.

Jacob Tamme can be a legitimate target at TE

Anthony Gonzo and Austin Collie aren't too reliable as far as injuries go, but they are there at WR

RB we have Darren Evans who showed promise along with Delone Carter and Donald Brown. I really don't like Brown, but you go with what you got.

With that said I wouldn't be surprised to see us use our early picks on D and look for competent people to fill in this season at WR, Oline, and use RB committee.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:10 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts' entire starting lineup went 2-14 last season, so the thread title should be read as a positive thing. Even with Luck, the Colts don't have much of an immediate future with these players (not that they really have one without them). But, the light is down the tunnel 3-4 years from now, so if they cut the vet waste, make improvements responsibly through FA, and draft talented players who can grow with and around Luck, they can make the run at that point. Although, their re-signing of Robert Mathis probably doesn't fall into the middle of that, but hey, you should always re-sign your good players and by the time they hit that 3-4 year mark, the cap increase and TV money will be hitting.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote