Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-09-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Luck or RG3......1A and 1B or 1AA and 2

Figured this could be a good debate conversation piece with so many fans in love with RG3 and most thinking that any team that wants RG3 should give the Rams whatever they want to move to #2.

If RG3 is such that surefire pick everyone is making him out to be, why doesn't Indy take RG3 instead of Luck who is considered the #1 prospect in this draft and would be considered the #1 prospect for the past 10 years of drafts?

I know RG3 has something about him that teams and fans are falling in love with, I get that. But, Luck is considered elite as he is being considered to instantly make the Offense (as a whole) around him better where ever he would end up. Does RG3 instantly make the Offense (as a whole) around him better?

Another question to consider; If the Rams truly are wanting teams to pay what it would take to trade to #1 in any other draft, why doesn't Indy try to get a ransom for #1 (outside of the obvious they just released Peyton and need a QB)? And adding to that question, would fans be more willing to offer their teams picks for the next 2 years for a shot at Luck?

I never really thougt about it before, but a friend and I were talking today and asked if I thought the Browns should mortgage this draft and next to ensure moving up to #2 to grab RG3. I answered no, as RG3 would be nice to add if the price was right (not giving up all our premium picks this year and next). He then asked if I thought mortgaging our draft this year and next would be a good idea to trade to #1 from Indy. I must admit, I told him it would be intriguing to entertain. Kinda the reason I figured I start a thread and be able to discuss with other fans whom all seem to have differing opinions on RG3.

If the mods feel this wouldn't be appropriate for it's own thread and could just be merged elsewhere, then go ahead.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've thought about this too, a little bit. There's this idea that Luck will go no. 1 overall... and that the Colts are unwilling to trade, unwilling to draft anyone else... but yet we're talking about Washington trading most of its draft for the second pick, or what have you. Might Indy trade down a spot? Or something? Or if Griffin is good enough for the Redskins to go all out for, maybe the Colts like him, too? I'm not the hugest Griffin fan, as I've said before, but just as a matter of assessing his value, what if the Colts prefer his upside to Luck's? It seems possible. You've got to think some team has Griffin rated higher than Luck, and it'll be interesting to see if that comes to be reflected in the shuffle that everyone expects to see occur at the top of this draft.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm biased as a Stanford fan probably, but to me its a clear 1 & 2 situation. Luck is just a better prospect through and through to me. There may be a couple teams who rate Griffen higher than Luck, but I bet the rest of the teams have a larger gap between the two. I don't buy the idea that Griffin in the #1 in any other draft either. I think if Barkley was in this draft there would be a solid debate of the #2 QB spot. Griffen is riding a huge wave of momentum, & combined with an almost boredom of Luck because of his exposure for the past 2 seasons, it has created this feeling that the two are closer as prospects than they actually are.

I'm not saying that Griffin is a scrub or anything. There is a lot to like about Griffen. He is a good kid and is super smart also. His athleticism is outstanding and it should really be valuable for survival during his first few years. He is going to be a great addition to what ever team he goes to.

However Luck is the better QB & prospect and is considerably safer than Griffen. Luck is a safer pick and better odds at a franchise QB > the value of the extra picks. A franchise QB can cover up a lot of deficiencies on a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote