Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-09-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I think dirty is like if he intentionally went out there trying to take people out and end their careers or taking a cheap shot on somebody. Actions like those are dirty.

When I think of Jacobs actions I think more stupidity.
I think that falls into dirty as well. I consider all that dirty and punk like. Like I said it's perhaps semantics. Basically the point is, I dislike when he did those things a lot. Big time turn over and while I am appreciative of his services, I am not going to miss him. I disliked him a lot on our team.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I think that falls into dirty as well. I consider all that dirty and punk like. Like I said it's perhaps semantics. Basically the point is, I dislike when he did those things a lot. Big time turn over and while I am appreciative of his services, I am not going to miss him. I disliked him a lot on our team.
I think there are degrees of things but pretty much we are talking semantics.

I liked him especially his first couple years but like you I am not going to miss him. He is replaceable.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I think dirty is like if he intentionally went out there trying to take people out and end their careers or taking a cheap shot on somebody. Actions like those are dirty.

When I think of Jacobs actions I think more stupidity.
Bingo. Say what you want, but I've liked some of the things he's done. Telling Ryan he was gonna punch him in the face and that he was full of hot air was awesome.

He has taken multiple pay cuts to keep other players, he's a team player, he's just not smart and stopped using his strengths (running north and south) and began getting fancy.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I Never was a fan of him. Couldn't stand him actually. But thanks for your services and being part of 2 super bowl teams. Good luck to you.
I agree with this, will be strange seeing him on another team next year though

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I agree with this, will be strange seeing him on another team next year though
You think someone will take him? Why wouldn't we try to trade him for anything at all?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-09-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
You think someone will take him? Why wouldn't we try to trade him for anything at all?
Someone will definitely take him, we probably asked for too much in a trade and only got offered late round picks that we can get as comp picks anyways.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I met Jacobs. Off the field he is humble, and a great guy. Very down to earth, and always great with the fans.

I'll miss him. He was one of my favorite Giants. In his prime he was great. Yes he was dumb on the field, yes he was washed up for the past 3 years, but he was still a key piece to our team for 7 years, and I'm gonna miss him.

He was the poster boy for smash mouth Coughlin football for this team in his prime. He set the tone for us on offense with his physicality.

Thanks for the great memories Jacobs. You'll be missed and will always be a Giant.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very well said BBD. Also, let's not forget the most important 1 yard he did get in SB 42.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In honor of Jacobs:

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

time to change my avatar i guess :/

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

So um, on another forum I saw Osi for Briggs. Would you do it? I mean I just don't know if I would want a OLB, but Briggs is a monster.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
So um, on another forum I saw Osi for Briggs. Would you do it? I mean I just don't know if I would want a OLB, but Briggs is a monster.
Yeah, it would make our D phenomenal to have Briggs and Boley out there together at all times. I'd probably let Briggs take over at the WILL and shift Boley over to SAM or even Mike, since he played very well as our MIKE in the Nickel until Chase came into the fold. Yeah Briggs is getting older, but he's still an elite player quite possible the best 4-3 LB in the league. If we had a Briggs-Boley-Jacquain LB corps in front of our secondary we'd be so damn hard to throw the ball against. With a front 4 of JPP-Canty-Joseph-Tuck in front of them we wouldn't even be as weak against the run as the size of the LBs would suggest.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I love Osi a ton but I think I would do that at this point. I'd want us to draft a DE early though or sign someone else. Doesn't Briggs make more than Osi also though and he's been complaining about his contract?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-10-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is Briggs contract according to rotoworld.
2012: $3.75 million, 2013: $6.25 million, 2014: Free Agent

and this is osi

2011: $3.125 million, 2012: $3.975 million, 2013: Free Agent
Old 03-10-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah I love Osi a ton but I think I would do that at this point. I'd want us to draft a DE early though or sign someone else. Doesn't Briggs make more than Osi also though and he's been complaining about his contract?
I would look for a DE, but not force anything. We shift Kiwi over there this year and we've still got our 3 studs. Hopefully one ends up in the discussion for BPA in the second or third and we get another kid to groom. I have no clue about Briggs' contract situation though, so if it's not feasible it's not feasible.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Looks like if that trade ever happened, a Briggs extension would be part of the trade.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Looks like if that trade ever happened, a Briggs extension would be part of the trade.
I don't think we have the cap space to sign a player like Briggs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-10-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Briggs, I think he's one of the most underrated players in the league, but he's getting old and will want a contract. It's the Osi situation just with a LB instead of a DE.

I rather just go after a LB in the draft. Stay young, stay cheap. We're going to have to be smart about how we rebuild this team, bc this core unit only has 1 to 2 years left.

Spence can be a ILB/OLB tweener like Beason who can become our ILB of the future/Boley replacement and he'll be much cheaper and younger.

Gotta stay with the draft and just build wisely through the draft. We have to be real smart about how we hand out contracts over the next 2 years so we don't go into a rebuilding mode.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Tollefson unlikely to return. :(

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked him! I wish he could have stayed. I wonder if we like someone else perhaps on the PS or unknown guy. I like Tolly, but I wish him the best.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dammit! if we lose tolly and chase i'm going to be PISSED
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
dammit! if we lose tolly and chase i'm going to be PISSED
Then I can see you being very pissed pretty soon.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I believe that's now 3 of the players who have won 2 rings with us that will be gone. Ross is next and possibly Osi.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I guess that means a lot of younger guys will be playing this coming year. I like that actually. Play the guys we draft and see what we have.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I can't say I'm surprised. I think we're going to see a very different roster in the next couple of years. It's around that time. This is the problem with drafting the way we do, it's impossible to keep everyone when you land 4 guys each draft, bc you can't pay all of them. It's obviously a good problem to have, but that's just life in the FA era.

I'm gonna miss them. I liked all of them. Especially Chase. I think not re-signing Chase is a huge mistake.