Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-10-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Nick Foles Scouting Report

QB Nick Foles, Arizona

(6'5", 243, 5.14)

Positives:

Outstanding size and bulk
Three years of starting experience
Great grasp of the short passing game
Laid back, relaxed demeanor on and off the field
Not afraid to check down rather than forcing throws
Careful with the football and will throw it away if needed
Spreads the ball around instead of locking onto receivers
Appropriately alters release angle in traffic
Gets zip on short and intermediate routes
Consistently gets a nice spiral on the ball
Excellent play-action skills
Will stand in the pocket and take a hit
Surprising escapability inside the pocket
Effective at converting short-yardage sneaks

Negatives:

Operates almost exclusively out of the shotgun
Occasionally fails to step into throws
Has to wind up a little bit to get the ball downfield
Plodding footwork on the run but can still place the ball
Can spray the ball at times

Grade: Second round
Old 03-10-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think 2nd is a round too high for him, 3rd is what I'd rate him at. Developmental QB with starting potential in a few years, Foles needs to be drafted to the right system(likely a WCO) to be successfull in the NFL.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, i hate Nick Foles. I's have him more as a 4th/5th rounder.

Why dont you get permission to post your scouting reports in the scouting report thread. We would have a decent place to go for reports.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd add a negative: transferred from Michigan State because he couldn't beat out Kirk Cousins

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'd add a negative: transferred from Michigan State because he couldn't beat out Kirk Cousins
Nice call. I actually prefer Foles to Cousins because Foles is the more effective decision-maker whereas Cousins is more of a gunslinger, although Cousins has the better arm.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
SF Dolphin Fan
Rookie

SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not of fan of Foles at all. He just doesn't seem to use his eyes very well and is such a poor athlete. Doesn't have a deep arm either.
SF Dolphin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
I am not of fan of Foles at all. He just doesn't seem to use his eyes very well and is such a poor athlete. Doesn't have a deep arm either.
Could you go more in depth on the comment regarding his eyes? I find his ability to go through progressions and make the right read to be one of his most impressive attributes.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Could you go more in depth on the comment regarding his eyes? I find his ability to go through progressions and make the right read to be one of his most impressive attributes.
I disagree, Foles will never be more than a backup at the next level if that. He is an uninspiring leader whose ball just seems to lack any real zip.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I disagree, Foles will never be more than a backup at the next level if that. He is an uninspiring leader whose ball just seems to lack any real zip.
For once i think i agree with you!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
SF Dolphin Fan
Rookie

SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
From what I've seen, he doesn't look off his receivers and consistently locks onto his main target. Now I will say that I've probably only seen two of his games, but came away thinking backup at best.
SF Dolphin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote