Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-08-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hear you loud and clear. I have just removed the idea of Mario Williams as a Patriot out of my head so I'm not disappointed when he goes somewhere else. There probably isn't a player I have ever wanted us to sign more than Williams, and that is why I am not getting my hopes up.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha I feel your pain. I just can't neglect the fact that a beastly pass rusher is available in FA and we actually have the money to pay him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I hear you loud and clear. I have just removed the idea of Mario Williams as a Patriot out of my head so I'm not disappointed when he goes somewhere else. There probably isn't a player I have ever wanted us to sign more than Williams, and that is why I am not getting my hopes up.
Which is why it'll happen. BB does the opposite of what fans think he will do. Yeah lets take Kindle!! PASSRUSH! --Nope.

none of us think he'll sign a big name pass rusher now so its bound to happen. Williams or Wimbley.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just made a mistake.. I just watched the season opening for the Texans against the Colts to take a closer look at Mario. Now I really want him. I'm never going to get over this...

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

The Colts cut Clark. Count me one of those interested in procuring his services.

Quote:
Old 03-09-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
The Colts cut Clark. Count me one of those interested in procuring his services.
Why? This team needs more of a Dan Gronk/Alge Crumpler type of TE. At this stage of his career Clark is just a lesser Hernandez.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets just gave Sanchez a 5 year 58.3 million dollar deal.

Division locked up for another half decade!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Believe it or not I'd rather pass on Mario. Williams had his way with Dallas Clark last season but the Texans' defense actually improved substantially without Mario. Which other elite players can you say that about?
Old 03-10-2012, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Believe it or not I'd rather pass on Mario. Williams had his way with Dallas Clark last season but the Texans' defense actually improved substantially without Mario. Which other elite players can you say that about?
That's a BS argument. That's like the people saying that because the Patriots won 11 games with Matt Cassell in 2008 Tom Brady is overrated. They progressed as a defense because they switched to a 3-4 with no off season to implement it. Of course they'll improve as the season goes on.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 03:28 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
That's a BS argument. That's like the people saying that because the Patriots won 11 games with Matt Cassell in 2008 Tom Brady is overrated. They progressed as a defense because they switched to a 3-4 with no off season to implement it. Of course they'll improve as the season goes on.
That's a fair point, but the Texans aren't exactly falling all over themselves to re-sign Williams. They were forced to choose between Arian Foster and Mario Williams when applying the franchise tag, and chose Foster even though they have another excellent back in Ben Tate. Pass rusher is also considered one of the most important positions in the NFL, while running back is one of the least valuable as of late. I wouldn't mind signing Williams to a six-year, $60 million deal or something like that, but a top pass rusher generally gets paid about $12 million per and Williams will likely be looking for even more than that. I would be incredibly excited to land Mario in any case, but it's not the strategy I'd personally adopt.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:57 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's a fair point, but the Texans aren't exactly falling all over themselves to re-sign Williams. They were forced to choose between Arian Foster and Mario Williams when applying the franchise tag, and chose Foster even though they have another excellent back in Ben Tate. Pass rusher is also considered one of the most important positions in the NFL, while running back is one of the least valuable as of late. I wouldn't mind signing Williams to a six-year, $60 million deal or something like that, but a top pass rusher generally gets paid about $12 million per and Williams will likely be looking for even more than that. I would be incredibly excited to land Mario in any case, but it's not the strategy I'd personally adopt.
That's all true, but the Texans also have two very good OLBs besides Mario Williams and a dominant DE in Watt. Their front seven is one of the best in the league even without Williams. So I can see why they decided to keep Foster who's arguably one of the premier backs in the league since he's the cheaper option and the Texans don't have a lot of cap room. I do believe that their decision to keep Foster over Williams has more to do with the financial details than their play on the field. I'm sure Williams wants to test the market and see what he can get and wouldn't be happy with the franchise tag. Personally I think that Williams is going to command some $15 mil. per year with a huge portion of that guaranteed. The Texans can't afford that. I wouldn't be thrilled to shell out that much money to a player other than the franchise QB, but Williams has the talent, the ability, the versatility and the mental makeup that makes me want to make the move for him. I'm sick and tired of stop gap solutions. If we get Mario Williams and find a talented, athletic DL to play next to Wilfork we can get by with having a JAG (Cunningham) at LDE. We can even play 3-4 with Williams since he looked very fluid at OLB. I just like the idea of being able to dictate what an offense does as opposed to being bitchslapped by mediocre offenses. Call me desperate, but I believe the same thing that I've believed for the past two off seasons: We're a dominant pass rusher away from being elite. Williams is a dominant pass rusher, go get him and let the rest work itself out.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 04:16 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Despite all of the hype surrounding Williams as a linebacker last year, he wasn't exactly versatile considering he lined up in either a two or three-point stance and rushed the passer on every play; it's not like he's dropping into coverage. The argument that Williams is a linebacker is like the pre-draft talk last year that Justin Houston already had experience playing outside linebacker. There are a number of quality pass rushers in the draft this year relative to most years so I'd prefer to diversify the personnel groupings and build as much depth as possible this offseason rather than limiting the team to a few high-priced stars and then a bunch of lower-level contracts like the Colts did in the past with Manning, Wayne, Freeney, etc. Matt Roth and Manny Lawson would be an exciting free agency haul as far as the linebackers go; Roth is a very intelligent, tough player with great bulk who has played for Mangini, Rob Ryan, etc. while Lawson would be great in coverage and could play SLB in the 4-3 as well. In the draft the team would have the flexibility to draft a rusher like Upshaw or Perry if they had the opportunity to but could afford to wait and take the best player available regardless of position.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"We're a dominant pass rusher away from being elite. Williams is a dominant pass rusher, go get him and let the rest work itself out."

I like Mario too but I don't think spending all that money on one player would be a wise move. I also don't really think of him as an OLB even though that's what Houston called him last year. He's a DE all the way in my opinion.

I disagree with the idea that the Pats are one player away. Their secondary was a shambles last year and needs an overhaul, they had Tracy White starting at LB in the playoffs plus guys like Jeff Tarpinian and Niko K playing a lot on D, they need a center and probably a couple WR's, no backup for Vince, it's unknown if Anderson and Carter will be back, and the rest of the DL's are try-hard UDFA's and late round picks that could stand an upgrade. One player isn't going to cover all that.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I shouldnt go buy my Mario Williams Patriot jersey? :(

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
No, but you should be safe to buy your Brandon Lloyd Patriots jersey!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, but you should be safe to buy your Brandon Lloyd Patriots jersey!
Never really been a fan of his...I have seen a bunch of him from his time at Illinois and with the Bears. I think I'll just go buy another hoody and cut the sleeves off.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Do it! Believe it and it will happen!

Quote:
Old 03-11-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have Wallace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'd rather have Wallace.
How would you guys feel about Robert Meachem?

Old 03-11-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How would you guys feel about Robert Meachem?
Possibly better than Wallace. Huge target that gets downfield.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have Lloyd.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Wallace > Lloyd > Meachem

I'd be happy with any of them though.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wallace > Lloyd > Meachem

I'd be happy with any of them though.
Just because of the age factoring in I'd say

Wallace >> Meachem > Lloyd

Quote:
Old 03-11-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

BTW....

Quote:
Old 03-11-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

I hope he fails spectacularly.