Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-09-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
Don't you remember all the love for Blaine Gabbert last year? "I still haven't watched him on film, but he is the best QB in this draft!" I want this job.
Charlie Casserly?
Old 03-10-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Tannehill's pocket presence is 100x better than Gabbert's.

I still don't understand how a lot of you can already call Gabbert a bust. Jacksonville was horrible last year. Did he play bad? sure he did but he was a rookie, it was expected. I think the play of Bradford, Newton and Dalton their rookie seasons has really changed the opinion of many fans on when a Quarterback should start having success in the NFL.
I agree, the story on Gabbert will be told 2 years from now, he is hardly a flop at this point unless Jacksonville dumps him sooner.

I think we can all see that the NFL has clearly realized that passing the ball is everything in today's game, and to compete you must have a QB who can get the job done.

Second round QB's are going top 10 and the pattern may be here to stay.

NO QB = NO SUCCESS IN THE NFL.

The only owner and GM who seem out of touch are Lerner and Holmgren who are living in anothr era. Yes, I'm a bitter Brown's fan.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Charlie Casserly?
And Mike Mayock also said something similar.
Roddoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And they both could turnout to be right, just have to wait 3 years to find out.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill's really interesting to me. The tools are there, the flashes of there in his limited tape are there, if he interviews well and lands with a competent organization the sky's the limit...if he doesn't have the drive to constantly improve and the support to continue growing he'll fall hard, but he's a much better gamble than Gabbert or Ponder were last year.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since we're beating that dead horse what dooms Gabbert in many people's eyes isn't the failure, but just how spectacular that failure was. I still think that he has hope if he shows great progress next year, but I don't expect that to happen and tend agree with the sentiment that Gabbert might just be that final bit of noose that Gene Smith needs to hang himself.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Tannehill's really interesting to me. The tools are there, the flashes of there in his limited tape are there, if he interviews well and lands with a competent organization the sky's the limit...if he doesn't have the drive to constantly improve and the support to continue growing he'll fall hard, but he's a much better gamble than Gabbert or Ponder were last year.
Agree with bold. And it's a great point. Very significant.

Also, it's been reported that he HAS interviewed very well. In fact, Browns GM Tom Heckert said he was just as impressive as RG3 or something like that.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hearing rumors now of the Browns taking him at 4.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I think that prognosis is at least 3 years away.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
And Mike Mayock also said something similar.
In defense of Mayock he was much less of a Gabbert honk as were Casserly and Lombardi. In the end he succumbed to public pressure and moved Newton up to second behind Gabbert but he was always pretty neutral on all the QBs.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I'm hearing rumors now of the Browns taking him at 4.
Put me on suicide watch.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
In defense of Mayock he was much less of a Gabbert honk as were Casserly and Lombardi. In the end he succumbed to public pressure and moved Newton up to second behind Gabbert but he was always pretty neutral on all the QBs.
I have come to believe that Mayock just cannot find the love for junior QB's, in fact, I've noticed he expresses concerns about junior 1 year wonders a lot, as well, no matter what position they play.

I think it is because they are far rawer prospects and not the finished product he can watch on film. They are more prone as juniors to make mistakes and he therefore has a much harder time projecting them down the road.

Nobody ever said scouting is easy.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tannehill needs to sit for a year. There are issues with his mechanics and decision making. The mistakes he made were back breakers, and he had his share of wtf moments. I'm also curious to know why he couldn't beat out Jeron Johnson for the starting QB spot before.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think that prognosis is at least 3 years away.
No it's not. How it works out still has to play out. But how good of a gamble they are at the time their picked isn't. Tannehill doesn't have the most troubling red flags Gabbert showed and has the true franchise potential and flashes of great play that Ponder never showed. Doesn't mean he'll work out in the end. Ponder will be most likely end up a solid starter, so clearly he'd be better than a truly busted Tannehill, but how things look in hindsight won't change how good of a gamble they are at the time

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-11-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Put me on suicide watch.
Hold off for now. It's rumors and those arent worth much this time of year.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote