Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-09-2011, 08:31 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
He reminds me of a stronger version of Jonathan Stewart coming out of Oregon, but not as fast or agile due to his super bulked up physique. I wouldn't put him in the AD, DMC, or Steven Jackson level of runningback prospects, but he's one of the very few runningbacks that should be picked in the 1st (mid 1st at that).
That's funny because I actually see him as a Steven Jackson clone. They both have the super bulked up frame and running style. They have receiving ability and are just shifty enough to avoid the big hits. I would project Richardson's career to mimic Jackson's completely.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think he's as good a receiver as Jackson. Good hands on the screen, not super catching the ball over his shoulder like a wideout.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Don't think he's as good a receiver as Jackson. Good hands on the screen, not super catching the ball over his shoulder like a wideout.
I think he's better at it than he looks...his QB just sucks at ball placement.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod View Post
That's funny because I actually see him as a Steven Jackson clone. They both have the super bulked up frame and running style. They have receiving ability and are just shifty enough to avoid the big hits. I would project Richardson's career to mimic Jackson's completely.
Not in my eyes. S-JAX is 6-2, so his 230 pounds are spread out better (giving him better agility and top end speed due to his longer/legs stride), while Trent will be lucky to measure at 5-11 at the combine, and is one of the bulkiest runningbacks I've ever seen. J-stew compares a lil better, but even he wasn't as rocked up like Trent, and is a more fluid runner.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:31 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updating Trent's thread, here some interesting stuff I found on him possibly going to Cleveland.

Looking back at some draft history, Mike Holmgren drafted former Alabama RB Shaun Alexander in the 1st round in 2000 and now with Peyton Hillis likely gone I think this is a perfect match. Holmgren would love to get RG3, but I think the Browns end up keeping their picks and throwing a ton of money at Matt Flynn in F/A. If that happens expect Trent Richardson to be a Brown and they likely target Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd, Mike Adams or Whitney Mercilus.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Updating Trent's thread, here some interesting stuff I found on him possibly going to Cleveland.

Looking back at some draft history, Mike Holmgren drafted former Alabama RB Shaun Alexander in the 1st round in 2000 and now with Peyton Hillis likely gone I think this is a perfect match. Holmgren would love to get RG3, but I think the Browns end up keeping their picks and throwing a ton of money at Matt Flynn in F/A. If that happens expect Trent Richardson to be a Brown and they likely target Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd, Mike Adams or Whitney Mercilus.
It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they sat for TR, that's for sure. The times are changing though, the league is becoming pass first more than it ever has. If this was 2000, I get the feeling TR would be a 100% lock to go here, or even earlier. The thing about the Browns, though, is they really can't afford to throw that much with their current QB situation. Having a reliable back over these next 3-5 years will be extremely important. You either need the guy to take the pressure of Colt McCoy, or any QB drafted this year and his future development. I think we can agree that Hillis isn't that guy.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Rams moving back to 6 and the Browns missing out on RG3 it opens up two more spots in the top 10 the he could go.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they sat for TR, that's for sure. The times are changing though, the league is becoming pass first more than it ever has. If this was 2000, I get the feeling TR would be a 100% lock to go here, or even earlier. The thing about the Browns, though, is they really can't afford to throw that much with their current QB situation. Having a reliable back over these next 3-5 years will be extremely important. You either need the guy to take the pressure of Colt McCoy, or any QB drafted this year and his future development. I think we can agree that Hillis isn't that guy.
There are few scenarios where TR goes in the top 10 except to TB. They could afford to trade back if they dont want Tannehill. Miami might bite. Dont go later, because there are few scenarios where he gets past KC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
With the Rams moving back to 6 and the Browns missing out on RG3 it opens up two more spots in the top 10 the he could go.
This is one of the scenarios where they could stub their toe.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO, it is a very tough pick for any team drafting in the top 10 and I won't be shocked if he lasts till 11/12 or even into the teens. In a league where running the ball is an afterthought, it is really hard to justify picking him too high.

I would look at teams totally committed to running the ball as a priority like Cleveland(Holmgren had that mentality), Kansas City(Cassels isn't exactly a world beater), Arizona( could certainly use an upgrade over off injured Wells), NY Jets(A perfect fit in Ryan's offense) or Cincinnati( another team that likes to run first). Perhaps Tampa Bay if Blount is lost.

It will be real interesting to see how long he lasts.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:24 AM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

I see him in some mocks as being taken by the Bucs. He just doesn't strike me as an NFL playmaker.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would argue that Richardson is the safest player in the entire draft. Can anyone see this guy failing? Andrew Luck is close, but if the Colts fail to give him anything to work with I could see him struggling. I can't imagine Trent ending up as anything less than an elite back.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I would argue that Richardson is the safest player in the entire draft. Can anyone see this guy failing? Andrew Luck is close, but if the Colts fail to give him anything to work with I could see him struggling. I can't imagine Trent ending up as anything less than an elite back.
How far of a fall? I could definitely see an scenario where he falls out of the top 10.

1. Luck
2. Griffin
3. Kalil
4. Blackmon/Claiborne
5. Claiborne/Blackmon
6. Floyd (Maybe Trent)
7. Wright/Hill/Reiff
8. Coples (Maybe Trent)
9. Cox
10. Perry/Ingram

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
How far of a fall? I could definitely see an scenario where he falls out of the top 10.

1. Luck
2. Griffin
3. Kalil
4. Blackmon/Claiborne
5. Claiborne/Blackmon
6. Floyd (Maybe Trent)
7. Wright/Hill/Reiff
8. Coples (Maybe Trent)
9. Cox
10. Perry/Ingram
Cleveland (4/22), Tampa Bay (5), St. Louis (6), Kansas City (11), New York Jets (16), Cincinnati (17/21), Denver (25) are the potential landing spots for Richardson. He could certainly slip out of the top ten but I think teams would regret it. Running back isn't a premier position but he looks like a complete back.The opportunity to add a Steven Jackson/Ray Rice level talent doesn't present itself often.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Cleveland (4/22), Tampa Bay (5), St. Louis (6), Kansas City (11), New York Jets (16), Cincinnati (17/21), Denver (25) are the potential landing spots for Richardson. He could certainly slip out of the top ten but I think teams would regret it. Running back isn't a premier position but he looks like a complete back.The opportunity to add a Steven Jackson/Ray Rice level talent doesn't present itself often.
Yeah, i dont see him falling past the Jets.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJoeBucsFan View Post
I see him in some mocks as being taken by the Bucs. He just doesn't strike me as an NFL playmaker.
Yeah, plus he wasn't healthy enough to perform at his pro day, but still claims he only had "Minor" knee surgery, that's kept him out for little over a month now?

He's going to drop out of the top 10. In my mind, elite RBs aren't that special anymore. I mean, MJD, AP, and CJ@YPC didn't mean crap when it came to playoffs this year.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My opinion: It's better to have a strong RB depth instead of 1 elite guy. If T-Rich is drafted in the top 5-10, what's the value in him splitting carries if he isn't going to be an every down player. Then, if he is an every down player, do you get a 2nd contract out of him? Durability? Shelf Life? RBs are the biggest injury risks in the NFL .

I'd prefer to go with a strong RB depth than 1 main feature back.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Yeah, i dont see him falling past the Jets.
There's pretty much no chance in hell.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Yeah, plus he wasn't healthy enough to perform at his pro day, but still claims he only had "Minor" knee surgery, that's kept him out for little over a month now?

He's going to drop out of the top 10. In my mind, elite RBs aren't that special anymore. I mean, MJD, AP, and CJ@YPC didn't mean crap when it came to playoffs this year.
All those players pretty much played on ****** teams. Arian Foster and Ray Rice are both elite backs and they made splashes in the Playoffs.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look, he is going to be a great RB, however the reality is that RB's usually don't get 2nd contracts and can be spent after 5 seasons.

The question becomes, do you take a RB knowing full well, that 5 years is the life span, or do you draft another position and possibly get 15 years out of that prospect.

That makes drafting him a huge gamble especially in a league where running the football is an afterthought.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Multiple team sources tell the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the Rams believe Alabama RB Trent Richardson is a "special talent," and the club thinks "very highly" of the 2011 Heisman finalist.
Though it was an old regime, the Rams did have Mark Ingram as a top-ten player on their 2011 draft board. "If you're picking the best available player, it could easily be him," said ex-NFL scout Dave Razzano of Richardson and the Rams' No. 6 overall pick. "He's a thoroughbred. And he's more of a home-run threat than (Steven) Jackson." Richardson will work out for NFL teams on March 29. We've heard rumblings that he might run in the 4.3s.
Related: Rams
Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Mar 11 - 2:11 PM
He's going 4, 5, or 6. Especially after he runs 4.40ish and puts on a bench press show.

And I keep saying it - there are different ways to win. Just because Brees and Brady and Stafford are breaking records doesn't mean you can't win by running the football well. San Fran, Baltimore did last year.

And TRich is a valuable piece in the passing game anyway.

He's too good of a prospect/too safe to fall.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
He's going 4, 5, or 6. Especially after he runs 4.40ish and puts on a bench press show.

And I keep saying it - there are different ways to win. Just because Brees and Brady and Stafford are breaking records doesn't mean you can't win by running the football well. San Fran, Baltimore did last year.

And TRich is a valuable piece in the passing game anyway.

He's too good of a prospect/too safe to fall.
He has to be able to work out to run a 40. He pulled out of the combine and his pro day because of a "Minor" knee surgery he had over a month ago. Not to minor if he's been out this long. Kind of risky to take him in the top 6 don't ya think?
Old 03-11-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
He has to be able to work out to run a 40. He pulled out of the combine and his pro day because of a "Minor" knee surgery he had over a month ago. Not to minor if he's been out this long. Kind of risky to take him in the top 6 don't ya think?
No I don't. The knee surgery was so minor that the doctor who performed it said he could play that week.

He's running so 'late' (by your standards - which doesn't matter at all) to be on the safe side. Thus eliminating risk.

The surgery is a complete non-issue.

And if there's ever been a prospect that we don't need to see WORK OUT, it's this guy.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see Cleveland taking another CB in the top 10 again, and it seems like they really like Kendall Wright as a possible pick at 22. With Hillis likely gone and Hardesty a non factor, I think RB is probably their top need other than QB. Richardson is a perfect fit in the offense, and the type of RB needed to win games in the AFC North. I think Cleveland will do one of these 2 options in the draft

4 Trent Richardson
22 Kendall Wright
Sign Matt Flynn

4 Trent Richardson
22(trade up?)Ryan Tannehill
Sign Robert Meachem/Laurent Robinson

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
No I don't. The knee surgery was so minor that the doctor who performed it said he could play that week.

He's running so 'late' (by your standards - which doesn't matter at all) to be on the safe side. Thus eliminating risk.

The surgery is a complete non-issue.

And if there's ever been a prospect that we don't need to see WORK OUT, it's this guy.
Well said.

This guy is a no-brainer Top Ten pick. People who think otherwise are just splitting hairs.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I trust his game speed and agree I really don't need to see Richardson work out, but I think the estimates of his straight line speed are overrated.

I see a low 4.5 guy, not a 4.4/4.3 type prospect. He's got everything I'd want in a RB, but I don't see breakaway speed.