Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-10-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Blackmon just assured himself the #4 pick to Cleveland unless in desperation Cleveland reaches for Tannehill. If Cleveland takes Tannehill, Tampa Bay will now take Blackmon leaving the Rams out in the cold.

Blackmon did a Fitzgerald and is now in his class as a prospect.
disagree. I think Claiborne to Cleveland at #4 is just as likely as any other scenario. I know the Browns certainly could feel like they could get a guy just as good at #22 in either Wright or Floyd - plus Heckert seems to love getting value positions with his higher draft picks (i.e. QB/LT/CB/DE/DT instead of WR/RB/LB/S/OG). I don't even want to think about Tannehill. If we trade down to 10th or so then I won't get as sick over the idea - hopefully they sign Flynn and nip that idea in the bud. I would also rather have old man Weeden in round two than Tannehill in round one.

Personally I really hope we take Blackmon there so we can finally start getting our passing game out of the gutter. I could live with the exact same defense we fielded last year for another season, but if we go into 2012 without adding at least one big name stud WR I will puke.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
disagree. I think Claiborne to Cleveland at #4 is just as likely as any other scenario. I know the Browns certainly could feel like they could get a guy just as good at #22 in either Wright or Floyd - plus Heckert seems to love getting value positions with his higher draft picks (i.e. QB/LT/CB/DE/DT instead of WR/RB/LB/S/OG). I don't even want to think about Tannehill. If we trade down to 10th or so then I won't get as sick over the idea - hopefully they sign Flynn and nip that idea in the bud. I would also rather have old man Weeden in round two than Tannehill in round one.

Personally I really hope we take Blackmon there so we can finally start getting our passing game out of the gutter. I could live with the exact same defense we fielded last year for another season, but if we go into 2012 without adding at least one big name stud WR I will puke.
Cleveland could entertain the idea of trading with the Jags. Let Jacksonville come up for Blackmon or Claiborne whichever they prefer (because chances are both will be gone at 7) and Cleveland can pick from Tannehill, Coples, Ingram or Richardson if he falls there.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
So he's not tall. Big deal. He reminds me a lot of Hakeem Nicks. I still love the guy.

To be fair, I'd have to take a hard look at Floyd now though. Blackmon might not be the slamdunk #1 WR of this draft class. Floyd might have overtaken him. But you can't go wrong with Blackmon. Still love him.
I think he'll be better than Floyd. No clue why...because it's not specifically the injuries and it's definitely not anything to do with his character...I can't get into Floyd as a prospect.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Don't know if it means squat but Lombardi on NFL Network predicted Tannehill to the Browns. We both need to get drunk methinks.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=keylime_5;2894258]disagree. I think Claiborne to Cleveland at #4 is just as likely as any other scenario. I know the Browns certainly could feel like they could get a guy just as good at #22 in either Wright or Floyd - plus Heckert seems to love getting value positions with his higher draft picks (i.e. QB/LT/CB/DE/DT instead of WR/RB/LB/S/OG). I don't even want to think about Tannehill. If we trade down to 10th or so then I won't get as sick over the idea - hopefully they sign Flynn and nip that idea in the bud. I would also rather have old man Weeden in round two than Tannehill in round one.

Floyd is going before #22, so is Hill, and Wright unless he redeems himself and runs a 4.35-4.45 isn't getting drafted in round 1.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
TO was never at any point the second fastest receiver in football, not close.
He might've been. He used to smoke everyone in fastest man competitions,
Old 03-10-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Floyd and Blackmon will likely fill slightly different roles in an offense, so it's hard to really compare them in some respects. While Blackmon can definitely run vertical/deep routes, you'll want him to run a lot of crossing routes and intermediate patterns to take advantage of his strong potential for YAC, while Floyd is probably going to be utilized more as a deep threat/big target, particularly because of his strides.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Iamcanadian;2894725]
Quote:

Floyd is going before #22, so is Hill, and Wright unless he redeems himself and runs a 4.35-4.45 isn't getting drafted in round 1.
Wright won't make it past Cleveland at 22. He is exactly what we need at receiver and everyone knows he has game speed. Forties are overrated.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Wright's demise is exaggerated. Teams see him burn people on tape and play fast. They saw that he has no idea how to run a 40 yard dash with terrible, arm-flailing technique. I am certain Wright will be no worse than the 3rd WR drafted. Teams like Hill's upside and potential, but his bust factor is tremendous and he might not go higher than the 20s. In any case, there definitely will be a good WR available at 22. I don't expect more than 2 to be drafted before then.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Kendall Wright was expected by scouts and GM's to run in the 4.35-4.5 range at the slowest. He's short and not a big man and just might have gotten the benefit of playing with RG111, who might just have made him look a lot better than he really is.

4.61 for a small receiver like Wright could drop him all the way to round 3 unless by chance, he demonstrates at his pro day that his combine time was an aberration.

If he runs again at his pro day in the 4.60 range, he can forget about
round 1 and maybe round 2 as well, and if Cleveland drafts him at #22, I'll be totally sick.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:32 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Floyd and Blackmon will likely fill slightly different roles in an offense, so it's hard to really compare them in some respects. While Blackmon can definitely run vertical/deep routes, you'll want him to run a lot of crossing routes and intermediate patterns to take advantage of his strong potential for YAC, while Floyd is probably going to be utilized more as a deep threat/big target, particularly because of his strides.
That might be it...Floyd seems like Braylon Edwards type (throw it deep) while Blackmon seems like the more well rounded WR.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not really a huge college fan so I haven't seen many games nor have I really watched anything besides the bowl game or seen some highlight tapes... However, for some reason I feel like Blackmon reminds me of Irvin.

I don't know exactly what it is, they seem to have similar size, both physical, and both play with attitude. Not really sure if it is a great comparison or it has been made, but it's kind of how I have felt whenever I saw Blackmon in the past.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I'm not really a huge college fan so I haven't seen many games nor have I really watched anything besides the bowl game or seen some highlight tapes... However, for some reason I feel like Blackmon reminds me of Irvin.

I don't know exactly what it is, they seem to have similar size, both physical, and both play with attitude. Not really sure if it is a great comparison or it has been made, but it's kind of how I have felt whenever I saw Blackmon in the past.
It is an excellent comparison except Blackmon is faster. Terrell Owens is almost a perfect match for Blackmon.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't think that Blackmon has elite physical tools that solidifies him as great WR prospect. I know WR is a place where tools don't matter as if you have good technique but I'm not sure that Blackmon has that great of upside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
It is an excellent comparison except Blackmon is faster. Terrell Owens is almost a perfect match for Blackmon.
I don't see the TO comparison. TO is 2" taller and is definitely faster by a fair amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see a little TO in Blackmon despite the differences in HWS.

Both smooth yet somewhat violent. Physical and graceful. Awesome balance and coordination. Sometimes a lack of focus. Not the crispest routes but good acceleration.

They both just scream 'pure beast receiver' on the outside.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hakeem Nicks is a good comparison.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Blackmon is great after the catch, he has fantastic hands, and he's a big powerful athletic receiver.
He reminds me of Anquan Boldin, and he'll surely go in the top 10
Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Bald_81
Rookie

Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Justin Blackmon is great after the catch, he has fantastic hands, and he's a big powerful athletic receiver.
He reminds me of Anquan Boldin, and he'll surely go in the top 10
IMO this is a huge misconception about Blackmon. People either say he has great hands or he struggles with drops. He had drops in a lot of games this year including two during his Pro Day work out. So which is it?
Bald_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're right.
He's inconsistent but he pulls off stellar acrobatic catches most of the time.
He'll drop the ocassional ball, but he can pull of insane catches in traffic so its worth it
Old 03-11-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I see a little TO in Blackmon despite the differences in HWS.

Both smooth yet somewhat violent. Physical and graceful. Awesome balance and coordination. Sometimes a lack of focus. Not the crispest routes but good acceleration.

They both just scream 'pure beast receiver' on the outside.
Agreed. He's got that YAC ability that became a hallmark of TO and guys like him. Size-wise guys like Nicks and Boldin work well as comps, but there's some Blackmon plays I've seen where the first name that came to mind was TO.