Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-08-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, what the ****.

NHL will consider adding the two-line pass rule again under the new CBA.

Senselessly stupid.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did they give a reason why they want to bring it back?
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Did they give a reason why they want to bring it back?
I think to slow down the game and avoid big hits across the neutral zone.

Would be terrible.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it was injury prevention related.

But there are much better ways to do that that aren't so idiotic.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would also make EASHL games unplayable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pens rising and the Rangers sliding. It's going to be an interesting 15 games and they play each other two more times.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Whoa, Red Wings. I guess I turned the radio off at the exact wrong time. They fell down 3-2 to LA with 6 minutes left, then scored twice and won 4-3.

Huge.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was finishing up a 15 hour travel day so I missed the Wings game last night. I just watched the highlights and holy bejesus Val Filppula is incredible. His two assists to Zetterberg were absolutely brilliant (the 2nd better be on the Top 10) and his goal was huge. What a game, I wish I watched it live.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
I was finishing up a 15 hour travel day so I missed the Wings game last night. I just watched the highlights and holy bejesus Val Filppula is incredible. His two assists to Zetterberg were absolutely brilliant (the 2nd better be on the Top 10) and his goal was huge. What a game, I wish I watched it live.
Yeah, Zetterberg's goal in the second period, assist from Filppula, made SportsCenter's top 10 last night.

It was ridiculous.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Sharks blow. That is all.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Wings suck too, but it's because they're missing half their roster.

Howard, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Bertuzzi, Kindl, Ericsson, Eaves all injured.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Wings suck too, but it's because they're missing half their roster.

Howard, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Bertuzzi, Kindl, Ericsson, Eaves all injured.
Any eta on them?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Any eta on them?
Bert and Howard MAYBE will play Tuesday. Lidstrom and Datsyuk MAYBE in a week. Eaves next season. Kindl two weeks? Ericsson a month?
Old 03-10-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sharks boggle my mind.

Sabres vs. Southeast division for the 8 seed. Foligno might be up with us for a while after a few injuries (Ellis, Vanek). Could be good, he's part of the reason we were okay with trading Kassian.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sharks need to be blown up. They just can't ever seem to put it all together. There is always a weakness that eventually gets exploited. Their window is shut.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pens are absolutely working the Bruins right now. I cannot wait until Thursday now.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Sharks need to be blown up. They just can't ever seem to put it all together. There is always a weakness that eventually gets exploited. Their window is shut.
With how well the McGinn trades worked for them, I'm sure the Avs would love to help the Sharks out with another trade.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blues have killed off 47 consecutive Power Plays, Some of Halak's saves today vs Columbus were just incredible.

Halak in his last 8 games is 8-0 with 11 goals against.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember looking at the standings a couple days ago and WTFing at St. Louis being tops in the league. Good for them, though. And if they go with Halak for the playoffs, that's a guy who has taken way worse teams very very far.

Also the top 4 teams in the East, pointswise, are all from the Atlantic Division. Rangers, Pens, Flyers and Devils all have more points than Boston, the #2 seed, although the Bruins have a game in hand on the Devils, that could draw them even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Blues have locked up the Central. No way Detroit will catch them.

In other words, Detroit is toast. Will never survive a run to the finals that will likely mean series vs. Nasville, Vancouver and St. Louis, and not have home ice for the last two.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

St-Louis are incredible...only 1 guy over 20 goals :/

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I didn't even realize Baertschi had been called up. Such a beautiful man.

I'm pretty intrigued by how Chicago closes out. They're currently in position for the 6 seed, which is probably better than the 5 seed, with games against the Blues x2, Preds x2, red-hot Dallas, Vancouver, and Devils by month's end. I'm currently imagining the idea of them taking on a so-so Pacific winner, followed by an inexperienced Blues team, then having another epic series against Vancouver in the finals. Of course they have some pretty serious issues and will most likely surrender 34 goals in the first round.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGee. Fill me in on some Preds. How do you think those trade deadline deals will work out for us? Do we have a shot at a playoff seed higher than a 5? Will Carrie Underwood leave Mike Fisher for me? etc.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
McGee. Fill me in on some Preds. How do you think those trade deadline deals will work out for us? Do we have a shot at a playoff seed higher than a 5? Will Carrie Underwood leave Mike Fisher for me? etc.
I really liked the Kostitsyn move, and that has been paying off in the early going. The brothers are two of your biggest scoring threats now.

As a Sabres fan, I was really surprised to get a first round pick for Gaustad. He's a big body, great on faceoffs and penalty kill but limited all around. Good player to have, but that's a tough one to swallow if you don't go too far in the playoffs.

Both help establish a deep forward lineup with no real top talent. Erat, Fisher, Legwand, Kostitsyn x2, Hornqvist, Wilson, Smith, Gaustad, Tootoo, Halishcuk can all contribute. They play the right way and establish an effective powerplay. It's a good group.

Carrie Underwood would never leave Mike Fisher as he is a beautiful man and it is okay for me to love him since he left Ottawa.

Martin Erat is awesome. Just wanted to say that.

Preds could still potentially get the 4 seed, but it'd be tough. They look almost locked into a series with Detroit, so it would be great for them to get home-ice advantage with the 4 seed.

Anything is possible with Rinne. Best goalie in the conference.

And finally, the most intriguing subject regarding Nashville at the moment is the possible return of Alexander Radulov, who has been just about the best player in Russia for the past few years. A lot of speculation, but it could be possible for him to return to Nashville for the end of season/playoffs, if all parties find that acceptable. I can't even imagine the effect that would have on the team.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

If Radulov returns, I'm already accepting defeat for the Red Wings, who continue to be without Lidstrom and Datsyuk and half the team.