Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I can't say I'm surprised. I think we're going to see a very different roster in the next couple of years. It's around that time. This is the problem with drafting the way we do, it's impossible to keep everyone when you land 4 guys each draft, bc you can't pay all of them. It's obviously a good problem to have, but that's just life in the FA era.

I'm gonna miss them. I liked all of them. Especially Chase. I think not re-signing Chase is a huge mistake.
I think the problem specifically is developing players. Now we need to play people faster. Scott, Brown, Brewer, and any of the rookie Lbs drafted last season. Come on down! Your turn to step the F up! WRs? Barden get your butt in there now or get the F off the team! JJ your turn, Dillard, Willard, Tracy, and all those guys. Let's go! Patience is wearing thin. Your up! Anyone else? Petrus! Get your butt in the starting line up! Win your training camp position battle!

Prince! You better be ready to start. We can't wait, so Webster and you better hold it down. Sash! Let's go and step up!

Now is the opportunity or better yet moment where these guys need to step up! Next man up!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the thing though. You can't rush guys either. You just have to let the chips fall where they may. Just keep drafting well and keep plugging guys in where you can. Don't give out bad contracts, draft well. That's all you can do.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring back Boss for cheap. Sounds like a plan.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I wonder if we should go after Levi Brown. Might be worth it. Only for a reasonable contract though. Same with Boss.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boss would come very cheap I'd imagine. We'd still need to bring in another vet TE besides him though because of his concussion issues.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't wanna lose Tolly or Chase, especially Chase. I would much, much, much prefer to keep Chase over Goff.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's right this FA period we should just bring in all former Giants lol.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so read on BBI that Tolbert said he'd love to be a giant (and bashed the Jets).

He would be so good of a fit, it makes me head explode
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so read on BBI that Tolbert said he'd love to be a giant (and bashed the Jets).

He would be so good of a fit, it makes me head explode
If he really wants to come here I will gladly welcome him. His power with Bradshaw and Scott could give us Earth Wind & Fire again! Also, him wanting to play here may mean we could save a little money and pay him a little less.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe we can use the new 1.6 million we got from the Cowboys/Redskins overpaying to get Tolbert.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Pass on Tolbert. We need to go young. Let's stay with the youth movement, we need fresh blood at RB. Young and cheap.

The FAs I would love are Boss on a cheap/reasonable contract, Shincao on a 1 year deal, Eric Winston if we can get him for a reasonable price, and that's pretty much it.

If we can get Boss and Winston, that's 2 huge needs we fill before the draft which allows us to go BPA all the way through the whole draft. It would be huge.

Not having a contract in place with Terrel Thomas yet is getting me nervous. What's going on? I hope this doesn't become another Steve Smith situation.

Also, while I really wanted Moss, him signing with the 49ers is great news for us. That's 1 less team who would look at WR in the 1st round. Maybe that gives us a better chance of Stephen Hill. Or Kendall Wright, which either one is fine with me.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Lofton too, but he's going to get more money than he's probably worth.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk BBD, I don't want to waste an early pick on RB and if we could get him cheap, him and Bradshaw is a damn good duo.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I wouldn't mind a 3rd round pick on a RB. We need fresh blood at RB. Bradshaw is not the same RB from 07. His feet are constantly broken, he dances way too much now behind the line. He used to be a 1 cut and go guy. Now he's a dancer. He's not the same player and to be honest I think he's one of our more overrated players. He's a tough SOB, but his vision has gone to ****.

And behind him we have a raw 7th round RB as the backup. That's not good enough going into this season. We need another guy in there, a quality guy, who can step up and give us some quality snaps.

I'm eyeing Robert Turbin as our Jacobs replacement. He's perfect for us.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Thomas is going to walk. I feel another team is going to offer more than we are going to.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

It feels like the Steve Smith situation all over again.

That begs the question, do you re-sign Ross now if Thomas walks? I think if the price is right, we should bring Ross back. Ross is a solid #2 outside CB. He can't play the slot to save his life, but as an outside guy defending the opposition's #2, I think he's solid.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
It feels like the Steve Smith situation all over again.

That begs the question, do you re-sign Ross now if Thomas walks? I think if the price is right, we should bring Ross back. Ross is a solid #2 outside CB. He can't play the slot to save his life, but as an outside guy defending the opposition's #2, I think he's solid.
I think it's pretty imperative that we sign one of them back. I don't care who at this point because I think Prince will step up fine into the #2 role next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

think it means someone like Gilmore from South Carolina could be a chance for us at 32. I like that kid and think he could be a good corner for us
Quote:
Old 03-12-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Drafting Prince wound up being such a huge pick for us. It's amazing how sometimes it all falls into place. He went from a complete luxury pick to a necessity.

I have a feeling we lose both of them. It's a Jerry Reese move. Lowball both of em, lose em in FA, and just draft a replacement/pull a replacement out of your ass.

Reese is good enough to make it work though. But I'd still prefer to sign one of them back.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd feel a lot more comfortable at least getting one of them back but at this point you have to give Reese the benefit of the doubt. If they don't want to come back at our price then next guy steps in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

I think you can at least replace Aaron Ross. I know he played well last season but I think Bruce Johnson is able to replace him if he is healthy and given the chance.

TT on the other hand even will be the one harder to replace.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Who knows what Thomas can bring to the table though after the 2 ACL tears.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The more I look at it, the more I realize this team is going to look very different in 2 years. I think our core unit is going to get blown up very soon.

Thomas and Ross and possibly Osi will be gone this year on defense. We'll lose Mario, McKenzie, and Jacobs on offense. Next year we'll probably lose Kenny, maybe Canty, and who knows what else.

We just have to hope we keep drafting well. Bc if we don't, we're screwed.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
The more I look at it, the more I realize this team is going to look very different in 2 years. I think our core unit is going to get blown up very soon.

Thomas and Ross and possibly Osi will be gone this year on defense. We'll lose Mario, McKenzie, and Jacobs on offense. Next year we'll probably lose Kenny, maybe Canty, and who knows what else.

We just have to hope we keep drafting well. Bc if we don't, we're screwed.
Yeah that's why I posted the other day that it's possible in 2 years we only have 6 or 7 players remaining from this SB victory. The turnover is going to be way more than between 42 and 46.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Who knows what Thomas can bring to the table though after the 2 ACL tears.
You don't know. However I am assuming the Giants feel at least somewhat comfortable with his progress otherwise I don't think they would be negotiating with him.