Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-12-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oh I still don't want him Dan. I would have actually gone for the Mike Wallace scenario instead of this...and of course, I didn't want that either.

Just wait until Moss starts bitching.
At least we finally agree on something. It took six years but better late than never. I rather have had Manningham, Meachem, Garcon, Wallace, Jackson, Colston or re-sign Morgan instead of Moss. UGH. I'm so turned off, I dont even care. Me being pumped for FA is officially gone.
dan77733 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
This is amazing. Three months ago, NO ONE HERE wanted Moss but now that he's signed, everyone favors the signing. WOW!!! Whatever, I could care less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Kinda cool to be able to say "Randy Moss, SF 49er". That might be the best part of this. I'm not expecting the once-great Randy to show up.

My biggest concern is his run-blocking and, well, does it exist. Not sure about the fit there.
Let's see, I just said the best aspect of this move was that I could say Randy Moss, SF 49er and then I questioned the fit in the offense and mentioned his non-existant run-blocking. Gee, it really looks like I'm excited about this move

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Correction...two people I agree with. Sorry Borat.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Correction...two people I agree with. Sorry Borat.
No problem. I really just wanted an excuse to use the facepalm smilie.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't excited about Moss based upon 2010. But there is virtually no risk in a 1 year deal. This doesn't affect any other FA or draft movement at WR.

Jed York repeatedly said that the 49ers "need to take the top off." Moss is the best in history at just that. The 1 year deal means Baalke will be looking to add a player to learn directly from Moss' skill set.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think my problem with signing Moss near the end of the season was that we weren't really sure where his mindset was at the time and if he was in football shape. By signing Moss at the start of the off-season he gets to go through OTA's, TC, and pre-season to establish some continuity with Alex and the coaching staff. Low risk, high reward as long as they have depth behind him. If not the 49ers are in the same spot they were in when they cut Braylon.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cool tidbit:
Quote:
#49ers WR @DaRealOtisMoss said he was blown away when Jim Harbaugh personally picked him up at the airport earlier today.
Harbaugh being Harbaugh.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is amazing. Three months ago, NO ONE HERE wanted Moss but now that he's signed, everyone favors the signing. WOW!!! Whatever, I could care less.
Ummmmm.....not everyone. I dont like the signing and I'll be shocked if he makes through the entire season still on the roster. I understand why they did it. He's a cheap, low-risk, high reward kind of signing. But I'm still against it and believe the old "I play when I want to" Moss will emerge sooner or later.

And three months ago, we were at the tail-end of the season, chugging along. You dont bring in a guy who's been sitting on his couch for nearly a year and ask him to come into a situation where he has to learn the offense, build some sort of rappore with Alex, and try to get into game shape. And then have him take snaps from guys who had been here a majority of the season and knew the offense better. That's a recipe for disaster. Three months ago, Moss was saying he had no intrest in coming out of retiremement. Things have changed since obviously.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the low risk Moss signing. It can't be worse than Braylon and it has a lot more upside IMO. Moss in small doses is great. If it was a 3 year deal, Borat could break out that face palm icon again.

The Niners are NOT done acquiring WRs at all and signing Moss does not take out the possibility of acquiring a burner like Wallace. If the Moss signing is limiting anything, it could be signing another bigger bodied WR like V-Jax or Colston. I doubt either of them were likely to have ended as Niners anyway as they both seem poised to chase the money in FA, with the Niners likely getting outbid on their perceived values to the team.

It is cool to say that 3 of the most prolific, if not THE 3 most prolific WRs of all time all will have worn a Niners jersey - Rice, Moss, and Owens.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imagine Randy Moss getting a ring as a San Francisco 49er
Old 03-12-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
I think my problem with signing Moss near the end of the season was that we weren't really sure where his mindset was at the time and if he was in football shape. By signing Moss at the start of the off-season he gets to go through OTA's, TC, and pre-season to establish some continuity with Alex and the coaching staff. Low risk, high reward as long as they have depth behind him. If not the 49ers are in the same spot they were in when they cut Braylon.
The thing is, will it be worth the bitching at the press conferences and in the locker room if the team doesn't do well and/or Moss isn't get his huge numbers. At least Braylon didn't say that much.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The thing is, will it be worth the bitching at the press conferences and in the locker room if the team doesn't do well and/or Moss isn't get his huge numbers. At least Braylon didn't say that much.
That is true as well. As we have seen in the past those type of WR's have an expiration date and you hope it is at the end of the season or else it turns into a long year. I have to imagine the deal Moss gets wouldn't be big enough for the 49ers to think twice about cutting him if problems arise. Plus I can't see the 49ers depth at WR being as bad as it was last season if we do end up getting rid of Moss. But for now positive thoughts.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Thought some of these numbers, that popped up on twitter, were interesting
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...ndary-49ers-wr

Quote:
Despite having the fourth-best completion percentage on throws more than 20 yards downfield, only three teams attempted fewer such passes than the Niners did last season.

Are Moss’ days as a true deep threat behind him?

Over the past four seasons, he’s caught just 22.7 percent of the passes thrown to him more than 20 yards downfield.

Among players with more than 35 such targets (top 60), only four players have a lower catch-to-target percentage than Moss and nobody has more drops on such throws.

Randy Moss Past 4 Seasons
On Throws of 21+ Yards

Targets
75 (T-14th)
Rec
17 (T-37th)
Drops
7 (1s)t
>> Didn't play in 2011
Quote:
Smith not greatest QB throwing deep (46.5% accuracy - 12th in league), but seemed reluctant going deep (9.7% of attempts - 4th lowest)
Old 03-12-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I like the low risk Moss signing. It can't be worse than Braylon and it has a lot more upside IMO. Moss in small doses is great. If it was a 3 year deal, Borat could break out that face palm icon again.

The Niners are NOT done acquiring WRs at all and signing Moss does not take out the possibility of acquiring a burner like Wallace. If the Moss signing is limiting anything, it could be signing another bigger bodied WR like V-Jax or Colston. I doubt either of them were likely to have ended as Niners anyway as they both seem poised to chase the money in FA, with the Niners likely getting outbid on their perceived values to the team.

It is cool to say that 3 of the most prolific, if not THE 3 most prolific WRs of all time all will have worn a Niners jersey - Rice, Moss, and Owens.
IMO, it would make no sense to go and sign Wallace after signing Moss. Their esentially the same player. Wallace may be younger and comes with less baggage, but they both bring the same thing to the table. And if reports are right, Moss was timed at 4.34 in the forty-yard dash at the Saints workout. Thats plenty of deep speed if its true. One thing I will say, Moss does bring that red-zone target that we lacked on the outside, which is actually a plus over Wallace.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
IMO, it would make no sense to go and sign Wallace after signing Moss. Their esentially the same player. Wallace may be younger and comes with less baggage, but they both bring the same thing to the table. And if reports are right, Moss was timed at 4.34 in the forty-yard dash at the Saints workout. Thats plenty of deep speed if its true. One thing I will say, Moss does bring that red-zone target that we lacked on the outside, which is actually a plus over Wallace.
Hopefully Greg Roman is smart enough to actually utilize his best receiving threats in the redzone before the season is nearly over. How long did it take before they started throwing to Vernon Davis inside the twenty instead of trying to throw outside fades to Ginn all the time? The good thing is that there won't be the excuse that all of our receivers can't get open. Moss cancels that out automatically.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 03-12-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Thought some of these numbers, that popped up on twitter, were interesting
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...ndary-49ers-wr
To be fair, the only deep threat we had was Vernon Davis. Might be a result of the offense to limit going deep. Maybe the receivers just weren't getting separation and that is why Smith was trigger-shy. Who knows. That needs to change though. They signed Moss, they better use him. Honestly the only two receivers I have faith in is Moss and Morgan if he resigns. Everyone else, including Crabtree I'm skeptical.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
A few outlets disputed that Moss ran a 40. I would not pass on Wallace after the Moss signing. 1-year stopgap should not ignore an area that has been a long time need.

Edit- I should just say deep threat in general (don't want to turn this into the 10,000th Wallace debate). Wallace or other wise I would like to see them still sign a guy like Meacham or spend a high pick on Hill or Wright.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 03-13-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
To be fair, the only deep threat we had was Vernon Davis. Might be a result of the offense to limit going deep. Maybe the receivers just weren't getting separation and that is why Smith was trigger-shy. Who knows. That needs to change though. They signed Moss, they better use him. Honestly the only two receivers I have faith in is Moss and Morgan if he resigns. Everyone else, including Crabtree I'm skeptical.

I remember Greg Roman was stunned that the Lions threw triple coverage on Vernon Davis on Walker's TD. Pretty much summed up the way teams played SF.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Video of Moss catching passes catches from Harbaugh. Video maybe worse than the Manning/Duke footage from last week.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/v11_...XU6_VBeb27B5Wa
Old 03-13-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
A few outlets disputed that Moss ran a 40. I would not pass on Wallace after the Moss signing. 1-year stopgap should not ignore an area that has been a long time need.
Never said we wouldn't nor shouldn't go after more WRs in free agency. Baalke is far from done. I just hope(no, I PRAY) it is a more complete WR.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Video of Moss catching passes catches from Harbaugh. Video maybe worse than the Manning/Duke footage from last week.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/v11_...XU6_VBeb27B5Wa
That footage is hilarious. Definitely NFL type espionage. I didn't know Harbaugh could do that trick that Steve Young used to do when he bounced the ball on the ground and have it come back up perfectly.

In any case, we'll see what happens with Moss. I'd be shocked if if he had more than six touchdowns next year.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

time to fill the stands with these now
Old 03-13-2012, 06:53 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a one year deal the playing quality risk is practically zero, just as with Edwards last year. If Moss fails to perform we can cut ties with minimal cap risk, and the possibility of massive reward if he stretches the offence clearly makes it a good idea from that side of things.

It seems most of us are more worried by Moss destablising the locker room. It's definitely a risk, but he's a clever man and he won't have signed with the impression that Smith's going to pass for more yards than Brees. I reckon he's much more interested in a ring than in putting up a 1000 yard season. Moss has enough yards already, but that ring's elusive. The key to his happiness will be a winning season with a run to the superbowl afterwards. I think he'll be a pain if we're losing not if he's not getting 100 yards a game.

In any case, if he pulls a 'pass to me or trade me' routine do any of you think Baalke will even wait for the press conference to finish before tearing up his contract? Moss has the potential to be either the greatest motivator or the biggest pain in the arse. Personally I back Harbaugh above most other coaches to get the best out of him and if not, it's better to have tried I suppose.

(It goes without saying that however the FO think this experiment will turn out they should add at least one more high quality recruit at the position through the draft)
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Moss could still perhaps be a deep threat but he'll likely be used as more of a possession/red zone threat in Harbaugh's scheme IMO. This is also a one year deal, which means that the Niners could still sign any of the FA WRs, even if they have similar skill sets (i.e. deep threat) as Moss. They don't want to have a one year deal to Moss beyond his prime be a deterrent from signing other WRs for the future. But, I think that they will not bring in another BIG WR this year now that they have Moss. Of the big names, I think they'll look hardest at Wallace as there won't be as many teams in on him with having to give up a large contract and a first round pick.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Honestly, I dont see us going after Wallace or Jackson. Moss aint going to be the 3rd or 4th receiver. I fully expect him to be a starter. I would be shocked if he's not. I could see signing Meachem or re-signing Morgan and/or a draft pick but thats it. I just hope that signing Moss isnt at the expense of Williams and while people say that Moss could help a young guy, rookie, Crabtree, etc. but seriously, do we really want a guy like Moss helping a younger guy? I dont.

Let me clear up me wanting Moss and/or Owens in December. My goal wouldnt have been for them to be awesome. It would have been for them to add a receiver that spreads out the defense. Even at 50%, Moss/Owens would have helped a lot more than Williams/Hastings/Swain did against the Giants. Basically, Moss/Owens would have been more of a decoy than an actual weapon but if it helps spread out the defense and opened up space for the other receivers, it would have been worth it and with the better chance of going to the SB and winning it, I dont think that neither one of them would have caused any problems. And even if they did, they would be gone after the SB anyway so who cares.

My main problem with signing Moss and that it doesnt fix the problem long term. Moss is basically a one year stopgap and excluding the possibility of Moss becoming a pain in the ass, there's also the concern of what happens if we have the same problem next season? And need a speed guy a year from now?

Honestly, I dont see the point of signing Moss and to me, its basically a cheap one year attempt at solving the biggest weakness on the team and those types of moves are the ones that more times than not fail and in the end, just end up being a waste of time. Also, I'll be shocked if Baalke/Harbaugh go after any FA/RFA WR other than re-signing Morgan.