Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-10-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I don't think so. Penn is a pro bowler and his play shows it every year. He just doesn't get the recognition across the league, but he's a top 10 LT in this league. IF you have those you don't replace them.
I think we take him and have our O-Line book ended for years. Rookie pay scale changes things a lot and we wouldn't have that much invested in him.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I think we take him and have our O-Line book ended for years. Rookie pay scale changes things a lot and we wouldn't have that much invested in him.
Even with Blackmon or Claiborne on the board? Khalil won't fall past the Vikings. He's almost a dead lock there. They have faith in Ponder as there Franchise QB. They have AP. They need to protect him. CB and WR are also big needs as well, but if you have a franchise QB and no LT, you protect him before getting a WR.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even with Blackmon or Claiborne on the board? Khalil won't fall past the Vikings. He's almost a dead lock there. They have faith in Ponder as there Franchise QB. They have AP. They need to protect him. CB and WR are also big needs as well, but if you have a franchise QB and no LT, you protect him before getting a WR.
I realise he won't fall past the Vikings, but if by chance he fell to us, he is an elite player and easily the BPA. We are a team with a lot of holes, so I'd rather take the best player than pigeon hole for need.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

impactplayerx47 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like Khalil, but I don't think theres ANY way we draft him. Donald Penn really is an upper echelon LT ...but (like has been stated already) he gets NO credit..he had an especially strong start to the season.

I think my #1 WANT for our team is Carl Nicks. I think we should throw the BOAT at him and cut Faine, moving Zuttah to center. That would give us Joseph, Zuttah, and Nicks for an absolutely ridiculous mid line. I'd also like us to sign Vincent Jackson or Marques Coltson, I think signing either one of those guys would allow us to move Mike Williams to a #2 spot where he could excel, and also give Benn a chance to emerge as a slot receiver (since he's done NOTHING thus far in his career). Finally I'd like to see us make a move for Brandon Carr or Cortland Finnegan....either one of those guys would help tremendously. So give me Nicks, and EITHER of those WRs, or EITHER of those CBs. I know we need linebacker help as well...but just saying...those are my guys lol.
impactplayerx47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently, we're going to making a strong push for Curtis Lofton.

Also, rumor has it we can have as many as 5 visits lined up within the next 12-24 hours. RB Tolbert, CB Cortland Finnegan, WR Vincent Jackson, MLB Curtis Lofton, and CB Brandon Carr's names were mentioned.

That was on a local radio show, is my source.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vincent Jackson, Carl Nicks and Eric Wright were introduced in a press conference today.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost forgot...

Old 03-14-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactplayerx47 View Post
I like Khalil, but I don't think theres ANY way we draft him. Donald Penn really is an upper echelon LT ...but (like has been stated already) he gets NO credit..he had an especially strong start to the season.

I think my #1 WANT for our team is Carl Nicks. I think we should throw the BOAT at him and cut Faine, moving Zuttah to center. That would give us Joseph, Zuttah, and Nicks for an absolutely ridiculous mid line. I'd also like us to sign Vincent Jackson or Marques Coltson, I think signing either one of those guys would allow us to move Mike Williams to a #2 spot where he could excel, and also give Benn a chance to emerge as a slot receiver (since he's done NOTHING thus far in his career). Finally I'd like to see us make a move for Brandon Carr or Cortland Finnegan....either one of those guys would help tremendously. So give me Nicks, and EITHER of those WRs, or EITHER of those CBs. I know we need linebacker help as well...but just saying...those are my guys lol.
Shazaam! V-Jack, Nicks and Eric Wright is an hell of a consolation prize. Finally.
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to puke when looking at Wright's contract. I think it might be the worst signing in FA. But with that said... It's better than paying 50 million for Carr.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:10 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The reason I was asking is because I can actually see a scenario where it happens. With the top two QB's now gone from the draft, Ryan Tannehill has a chance of being extremely overdrafted. There has been a lot of talk that Seattle really likes him. If Manning goes to Denver or Arizona and Matt Flynn goes to Miami, then you could have Seattle leapfrogging Cleveland to get Tannehill. Cleveland isn't going to take Kalil. If you guys don't take him then he could fall to the Rams at #6. So the Rams would then have made the blockbuster trade with Washington and still gotten the (arguably) 2nd best player in the draft.

This is all purely speculation and, like a lot of draft scenarios, a lot of things would have to fall in place. But stranger things have happened on Day 1.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:11 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I want to puke when looking at Wright's contract. I think it might be the worst signing in FA. But with that said... It's better than paying 50 million for Carr.
I think the Vikings signing Jon Carlson for 5 years/$25 million takes the cake on that.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:12 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofadabizzles View Post
Shazaam! V-Jack, Nicks and Eric Wright is an hell of a consolation prize. Finally.
Yes congratulations are in order! You guys had a nice haul.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'd rather pay Carr 50mill to be honest...

But seriously, his contract his structured and it is easy to cut him before the start of year 3, 4 or 5. Yeah he is overpaid, but it won't hurt us in the long run if he doesn't pan out.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

GOTTA say gentlemen ....the last few days have left me with a large smile on my face. haha. I think Wright's contract was a bit more than I would have liked it to be, but I think he provides some valuable depth, and a clear upgrade over Myron and Ej. I also like the way the contract is structured so that we can get out of it for a relatively cheap.

Focusing on the draft, I think we go Mo-Clai all day now. Gives him some time to maybe wok in to the CB rotation and really take his time learning from a guy like Ronde (who according to rumors plans to come back). If we end up losing Talib for whatever reason (jail time, or just cutting him) I like hat Wright is a guy we turn to and not Ej or Lewis (is the kid EVER gonna play?!). Linebacker is still a litle troubling for me, but let's see how it all plays out....

MAN what a NASTY offensive line though! I think if we go Mo in the 1st, I'd like to see us grab LaMichael James in the 2nd and provide a real speed demon and 3rd down option to spell Blount. I would also like to see us find a legit TE to stretch the field and get down that seam, I haven't seen enough of Stocker...but I'm hopeful he can fill that void.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want us to draft Richardson and have a top ten offense
Old 03-16-2012, 03:19 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Do we really need to pick Richardson in the first? The way our O-Line is built, any scrub could get 4+ ypc. I think it makes much more sense to go Claiborne in the 1st (assuming he isn't taken) and then RB in 2/3

Old 03-16-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do we really need to pick Richardson in the first? The way our O-Line is built, any scrub could get 4+ ypc. I think it makes much more sense to go Claiborne in the 1st (assuming he isn't taken) and then RB in 2/3
I completely agree

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Or we could put Richardson with that line and have a superstar who could lead the league in rushing!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Or we could put Richardson with that line and have a superstar who could lead the league in rushing!
It's still only a running back. You don't have to use a fourth overall pick on one to find a top flight player.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's still only a running back. You don't have to use a fourth overall pick on one to find a top flight player.
Yeah It is really annoying a lot of "experts" have us pegged for a RB, even though one hasn't been taking in the top 10 since Darren McFadden in 2008. The value of RB position doesn't dictate them being drafted that high. Plus with all them gems teams usually find in the later rounds its hard for a team to pull the trigger for a RB that high. I really like LaMichael James, as long as he can hold on to the ball, in the 2nd. Even a David Wilson would be a nice change of pace type.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Right now best case is us going Mo, LB then RB - Pierce, Polk, or Pead in the third. I can see us taking Richardson in the first if we trade down and pick up extra picks, @ 5 is just a bit steep.

how about them Glazers opening up their wallets! Jackson, Nicks and Wright!
Worst to first!
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Right now best case is us going Mo, LB then RB - Pierce, Polk, or Pead in the third. I can see us taking Richardson in the first if we trade down and pick up extra picks, @ 5 is just a bit steep.

how about them Glazers opening up their wallets! Jackson, Nicks and Wright!
Worst to first!

We're still monitoring the Lofton situation. I've seen reports that we offered a contract, but Lofton's camp was looking for a deal in the 9million a year range and Dominik balked at those talks and left the offer he had on the table.

Lofton is visiting New Orleans today, but they have 3 million in cap space. If the Saints think he'll go for that type of deal, Lofton might realize he's better off in Tampa.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

Default Ryans

Am I the only guy out here sick that 'Meco Ryans got traded to the Eagles for a midround pick?! Not long ago he was a pro bowler...and still so young, would have LOVED to see him in the middle and Foster shifted back outside. We've got a lot of issues we need to sort out asap....
Old 03-20-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactplayerx47 View Post
Am I the only guy out here sick that 'Meco Ryans got traded to the Eagles for a midround pick?! Not long ago he was a pro bowler...and still so young, would have LOVED to see him in the middle and Foster shifted back outside. We've got a lot of issues we need to sort out asap....
Would rather have Lofton. Ryans has caught the injury Bug the past couple seasons, and it's been to his knee. It doesn't really bother me we didn't get him.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

We don't own a 4th round pick this year.