Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-09-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone interested should check out the Create-A-Concert competition in the fantasy section. Should be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just recorded this cover of O.A.R.'s Hold on True with a friend. He's doing lead vocals, I'm doing everything else. Feedback?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-hm...&feature=feedu

If you like it you can subscribe (or just like it) we'll probably post a few more this semester.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
Just recorded this cover of O.A.R.'s Hold on True with a friend. He's doing lead vocals, I'm doing everything else. Feedback?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-hm...&feature=feedu

If you like it you can subscribe (or just like it) we'll probably post a few more this semester.
Great job! What did you record it on?

If I had to nitpick, I think maybe in the overall mix the vocals need to come down a touch. And the backup vocals up a hair. Your friend did a good job singing what kind of effect is on his vocals? It sounds like a little slapback delay? Maybe if the mix was just a bit more wet with a straight up reverb it would have kinda hide those couple spots where his pitch has off slightly. Also I think he was singing to close to the mic, because on the parts where he's got to belt out the higher register stuff, sounds like you might be getting a couple level spikes there.

But thats all really nitpicking, you guys did a great job. Put up more songs and I'll listen.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds great man. Can't believe how far you've come along since I first commented on your first video that you posted here.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Just starting off, get comfortable with the basics. Major and minor chords, chord transitions. Major and minor scales and major pentatonic scales. There are endless scales and modes for guitar, those can come later if you want to get into all that. I kinda depends on what kind of music you want to play on guitar also.

I've been playing guitar for over 20 years so if you have any questions, feel free to fire away.
Yeah, I got my own acoustic for Xmas, right now still just working on chord changes, which are really tough at the moment.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Yeah, I got my own acoustic for Xmas, right now still just working on chord changes, which are really tough at the moment.
Yeah, keep at it they'll get easier as you get more comfortable with where your suppose to fret. Just remember from changing one chord to the other is that the least amount of movement the better.

Meaning, Im not sure if your using a book or a video to show you how to finger chords. A lot of times there are different ways to finger chords. There is no right or wrong as long as all the notes are being played. So just play them the most comfortable way for you to play them. If that makes any sense. lol
Old 01-09-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great job! What did you record it on?

If I had to nitpick, I think maybe in the overall mix the vocals need to come down a touch. And the backup vocals up a hair. Your friend did a good job singing what kind of effect is on his vocals? It sounds like a little slapback delay? Maybe if the mix was just a bit more wet with a straight up reverb it would have kinda hide those couple spots where his pitch has off slightly. Also I think he was singing to close to the mic, because on the parts where he's got to belt out the higher register stuff, sounds like you might be getting a couple level spikes there.

But thats all really nitpicking, you guys did a great job. Put up more songs and I'll listen.
Thanks, I love the feedback!

Recorded all of it with a Rode NT1-A mic. Mixed in Cubase LE4.

The effects on the vocals were what Cubase calls a ping-pong delay, and slight reverb. Two vocal tracks overlap with very short delay on one of them. The spikes were my fault, I was monitoring it while he was singing and I didn't quite get the mic low enough at that portion. We should have done another take because this was the first and only take. Those problems would have been smoothed out, but oh well. Maybe we'll try again.

What do you mean by adding a straight up reverb? Just add small reverb on everything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Sounds great man. Can't believe how far you've come along since I first commented on your first video that you posted here.
Thanks, I really appreciate it. Glad you remember.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
What do you mean by adding a straight up reverb? Just add small reverb on everything?
More like a "hall" type reverb, but you dont have to set it up with a real long delay or decay.

My experience with using short delays on vocals is that at times because of such quick response time, it can make the vocals sort of seem like its fighting itself for pitch.

Thats the nitpicking part again. lol

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
Old 01-30-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lookie here! I made a humidifier for my ukulele at crafts camp today!!!

Old 08-05-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

27 string guitar. Pretty wild..

Old 03-13-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just bought it!

Old 03-13-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're not big anymore...but my buddies' band landed an opening act gig for Hawthorne Heights April 11th. Pretty cool.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question for all my nfldc musician's.

I'm currently in the market for a second bass. I am extremely loyal to Fender due to the nature/ style of my band. And I also generally just like the way they look/ feel.

I currently play through a 4x10 ampeg cab with an SVT-4 Pro head (it's like i'm made of money...). I get get some pretty fat bass tones out of this amp, it was an excellent purchase. My band is doing a lot more gigs and touring, and this is why i need a second bass. My band plays punk rock music, almost comparable to the likes of All Time Low. I'm not trying to advertise or anything, but you can check out a sample of our music at itunes so you can get an idea of what we sound like. http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/gav...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

I also wanted to be a little bit different, so the three basses I have picked out may not be desirable to some people. but here they are.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/...84060000003001

Fender Pawn shop revers jaguar, kind of limited in tone controls on the bass if you ask me, I haven't ever played one of these but I love the look, and as i said, it is very different from the norm. The only complaint I have about it, is there is only a style with a maple neck, i hate the way maple necks feel compared to rosewood.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/...ic-bass-guitar

Japanese Fender Jaguar. I have played this and i absolutely love the different things I can do with the tone. The craftsmanship on these are top notch, but the japanese electronics are cheap (no racism intended). Overall, this is a solid bass, but might cause problems in the long run with the cheap electronics. also I love the geddy lee frets, they look amazing.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/...precision-bass

Fender American Deluxe precision bass, probably the most traditional on here, but also the most reliable for sure. These have a ton of control over the tone. almost as as much as the jaguar, it just doesn't have the pick up selection like the jaguar, but with all the treble, bass, mids cut/boost i should be able to fine tune my bass tone. The only problem is that it is significantly more money than the other ones I listed. I can definitely afford it, but I'm not sure if I want to pay this much for it. I understand...gotta pay a lot of money for a nice bass...

If anyone else has any other suggestions I will take those into consideration. I would prefer a bass with passive pickups if at all possible. +rep (what little I have left...thanks jbond) to anyone who gives me serious advice. Thanks!

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

definitely buy an american made guitar. the only non-american guitar i would consider spending money on is a mexican made fender. can't go wrong with a p-bass, espesh for punk rock. if i were to buy a bass myself i totally would get one of those Gibson SG looking bass guitars like Jack Bruce played, but then again I play woodstock era bluesy rock.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I have a mexican p bass currently and i'm in love with it. I'm leaning more towards the american made p bass, but, i'm keeping my options open.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:33 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Hey guys,

I'd like some feedback on my cover of Carry On by Fun. Please listen to the whole thing, because the vocals are much stronger in the second half of the song. Still trying to get better, this was a tough one to sing. Let me know what you think. I like the outro the most. It sounds WAY better in HQ and with headphones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8su14GodpU

If anyone remembers the City High song What Would You Do, I also recorded a cover of that just for fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ET4W...feature=relmfu
Old 08-20-2012, 05:38 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but if the vocals are rough we could mess around and I could record some stuff and send it your way. I'm not saying I have perfect range or anything, but aside from my unpolished mechanics Fun songs are pretty easy for me, as well as Queen and other artists that require that flexible range. If you're down we could totally long distance collaborateif you're in need of vocals.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Cool, let me know what you think. I'd be up to do a collaboration, I'll pm you just the guitar parts when I get a chance.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Booyakasha. I'm bumping this because I'm learning/buying a guitar (my apartment doesn't allow drumsets, naturally, and I've decided to learn a new instrument). I'm leaning towards a telecaster at the moment, these two looking like prime options

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products...tm#Reviews-tab

What does NFLDC think? Those of you who frequent the music thread know what I like, but I'm looking to play everything ranging from Muddy Waters to The White Stripes. Input me people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Booyakasha. I'm bumping this because I'm learning/buying a guitar (my apartment doesn't allow drumsets, naturally, and I've decided to learn a new instrument). I'm leaning towards a telecaster at the moment, these two looking like prime options

What does NFLDC think? Those of you who frequent the music thread know what I like, but I'm looking to play everything ranging from Muddy Waters to The White Stripes. Input me people.
I heard Tele's expose sloppy play but that's all I really know about them. It's probably the next electric guitar I buy though.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

depends on what style of music you want to play, i would not suggest those for someone learning realizing your awesomeness at the same time aps
TitansCJftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I just bought this guitar for my son who is just learning how to play(the black one of course lol). Its not expensive, great quality all around. Plus it suits a wide variety of music styles.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar

Old 01-23-2013, 01:55 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I just bought this guitar for my son who is just learning how to play(the black one of course lol). Its not expensive, great quality all around. Plus it suits a wide variety of music styles.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar
Damn I wish my dad bought me a Les Paul...
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got invited to go on tour with a pretty prominent Mexican artist. I leave Thursday, will be in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio then back in McAllen on Sunday. Week after that in Chicago, i believe. Pretty damn stoked.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Damn I wish my dad bought me a Les Paul...
lol well thats what Im sayin, this thing is Les Paul quality all around for only $650. And if the boy doesnt follow through with playing, well then I just got me another Les Paul. lol