Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-09-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you kill this giant geth spider or repear spider? Stupid targeting system takes so long to aim.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
How do you kill this giant geth spider or repear spider? Stupid targeting system takes so long to aim.
hold it down the entire time, you have to blindly trust that it will kill him. its after you already hit him 3-4 times and when the slow motion thing happens you can't let off the trigger.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
for those of you playing renegade... does everyone just hate you like, all the time? half of them seem to hate me, and i'm nothing but nice. i can't even imagine the potential reaction if i really was a scumbag.
Everybody hates me guts essentially. I feel like a dick half the time.

Nine hours in and so far I'm having a blast. Great to see old squad members in small roles. Unfortunately I lost Kasumi and Thane in my final mission of ME2, do they play large roles in ME3? Also don't have Legion, I gave him to Cerberus, so hopefully he doesn't play too huge a role.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone help me with this:
I just moved into a new place and the wifi here is 802.11n at 2.4GHz. I have the xbox 360 s 250gb so it should be able to connect without the network adapter. The 360 will scan and find the SSID i want but after I enter the password, it says Test Failed and cant connect. wtf

oh i think it has to do with the WPA encryption

Last edited by Me Likey Rookies : 03-10-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Me Likey Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ooh what brand?

You might be better off with a google search since with the brand and model and xbox wireless connection. You might have to tinker with the setting in the router and xbox.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

802.11n will only work for WPA2-AES. I couldve sworn i already tried that setting but i guess ill try again.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

i hate this game...have to make so many tough life and death choices, whyyy do you torment me!!. I want my bros by me, but i need da power of fleets to fight.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
i hate this game...have to make so many tough life and death choices, whyyy do you torment me!!. I want my bros by me, but i need da power of fleets to fight.
Decision I hate the most

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recommend none of you finish the game. The endings are all a giant dissapointment. So much awesomeness leads to so much fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thoroughly satisfied with the end, and I had the shittiest possible ending. Although, it was probably also the most realistic.

The only thing that kinda sucks was the last couple hours of just "pulling teeth" against hordes of guys who seemed to regenerate health. However, it did make it feel like a challenge.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-10-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I do like how the game changes up and gives you a curve ball every now and then for missions. Sometimes you get the same thing, make your way through here, kill, kill and kill and then then you get some cools missions or very short side quest.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just "beat" it. I don't even. What? I...

Old 03-10-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figured out what happened. I fell backwards in my chair and hit my head off the coffee table, and that was all just a brain-swelling induced dream. Has to be it.

Can't wait to gain consciousness again and finish the game for real.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must say although I have not played the game yet, reading the riots of peoples online posts about the terribleness of the game has been very entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:09 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

some people can't handle the fact that an open ended game was actually resolved.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-13-2012, 06:04 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
some people can't handle the fact that an open ended game was actually resolved.
There is no closure. There is no denouement. It just feels like something you put 75+ hours of your life into over the course of 3 games just ends suddenly and confusingly.

I mean, think about it:

I'll work on what I would have preferred to see a little later. Frankly the ending just seems dumber and dumber and pisses me off more with each passing day I have to think about it.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it can't have possibly been worse than the last two fable's. he says hopefully
I only played 2. Considering how awesome the first two ME games and the first 98% of this one were, it is quite the let down.

Just get there and judge for yourself. It's hard to describe without having experienced it.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I think the design of which ending people get is what leads to the shortcomings for some people.

massive spoilers below, including spoiler within a spoiler for multiple endings

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-13-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

See, I don't care for ANY of the endings. Not a damn one.

I just hate every part of it. I was absolutely fine with everything up until

It was worse than the choppy KOTOR II ending, which at least had the excuse of being rushed. Here, it seems like they tried to make a point, ended right after the climax with no unwinding denouement, and it had a very deus ex machina feel.

You give me 5 minutes and a notebook and I could come up with a better ending. No joke.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Alright, so here is what I would have done differently in order to have a more fulfilling, less awful ending:

I like it. Tell me that wouldn't have been 1000x better.

Last edited by BeerBaron : 03-13-2012 at 12:32 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop making me want to play ME3. I have too much schoolwork for that ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
My roommate just offered the game to me today, i declined until next week. I want to get to this ending just so I can get in on the conversation. Ign had this ass hat post some video saying that fans have no right to complain about the ending, and having not even played it know what a stupid fuckign argument it was. If you havent seen it yet and are pissed about the ending I recommend checking it out for the lulz.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Play the first 98% and then just read what I wrote above. You'll be happier that way. It's best not to see the real ending.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
My roommate just offered the game to me today, i declined until next week. I want to get to this ending just so I can get in on the conversation. Ign had this ass hat post some video saying that fans have no right to complain about the ending, and having not even played it know what a stupid fuckign argument it was. If you havent seen it yet and are pissed about the ending I recommend checking it out for the lulz.
For the same reason I never read the "comment section" (read: verbal diarrhea section)of articles, I never view fan videos.

I must remember which page my write up is on because by the time more people get to the ending and want to discuss it, it will probably be lost.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
For the same reason I never read the "comment section" (read: verbal diarrhea section)of articles, I never view fan videos.

I must remember which page my write up is on because by the time more people get to the ending and want to discuss it, it will probably be lost.
It was actually from one of the editors which is why I thought it was so sad. But I have a feeling its because ign has become so butt hurt over people bashing their own articles and ratings that they are just being pissy at video game fans being video game fans. If you don't want fans leaving negative comments, why leave a comment section? He also said they shouldnt be leaving messages on biowares twitter about fixing the ending because that isn't an appropriate way of dealing with it. Like same thing, if they don't want to get negative feedback don't put up a twitter account.

Quote:
Quote: