Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-13-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I work as the tier 2 and 3 and de facto supervisor of a call center and I can tell you that 99.9% of feedback is negative.

Some of our apps have millions of downloads, and we'll never hear from the people who like the app because they have no reason to contact us. But the 20 or so having major issues have no fear writing in to bash the hell out of us and leave negative ratings on all the marketplaces.

When you provide outlets for fans, guess what, the feedback you get is going to be extremely critical. Always.

And in this case, with a legitimately ****** ending to a 3 game series that people spend tons of time and money on, they have the right to complain.

Plus, isn't IGN the one that fired a writer for giving a negative review of a game they were being sponsored by? If so, then doubly **** them.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I have been having huge issues with their ratings and editorials (they gave the new ghost rider movie 4 1/2 out of 5 stars, the same rating they gave to Xmen first class which was their movie of the year last year). They do a great job of getting stories out in a quick manner but everything else has become trash over there which is too bad because I used to love ign. But yeah I am with you on the feedback thing, its to be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Nicholas Cage Needs Money 2" got positive reviews? Tha ****?

Triply **** IGN then.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just beat ME3 and feel I got bukakked.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 03-13-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ugh. totally right, BB. i was pretty fine with everything until the
and even could've dealt with that if
and the scene after the credits? ******* gouge my eyes/ears out.

such an epic lead up.

off to watch the other endings on youtube, i guess, in case any of them sucked less.
First off this is what they did.

Second, this is what pisses me off.

FYI I would have been happy with the game ending like this.

Quote:
There’s rumors going around the BioWare is planning an “alternative” ending DLC that they will sell to fans, and that the “real” endings included with the main game were actually Shepard’s hallucination.
Seriously **** EA/Bioware if they do that.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 03-14-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still cant connect to my wifi! I set my router to WPA2-PSK (AES), the xbox should connect to that. It sees the network, but wont connect. The next step according to xbox.com was to see if mac filtering was turned on. I wasnt able to find this in settings, but if mac filtering was turned on, would my laptop and every other device be able to connect? I would have to individually input those mac addresses right?

Anyone have any ideas what else i can try?

and its a xfinity router.

Last edited by Me Likey Rookies : 03-14-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Me Likey Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

delete plzzzz

Last edited by Me Likey Rookies : 03-14-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Me Likey Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:03 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
ugh. totally right, BB. i was pretty fine with everything until the
and even could've dealt with that if
and the scene after the credits? ******* gouge my eyes/ears out.

such an epic lead up.

off to watch the other endings on youtube, i guess, in case any of them sucked less.
Did that....no dice. They're all pretty much the same, just a different color of beam. Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
First off this is what they did.

Second, this is what pisses me off.

FYI I would have been happy with the game ending like this.

Seriously **** EA/Bioware if they do that.
Yeah but...I would probably get it if there was a shot of a less ******** ending. I was basically hoping the whole time that someone would wake Shepard up and it would just be a hallucination.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'm glad to see people are freaking out about the right thing. I was worried all of the backlash was just from

That is the true problem, for me definitely. Throw in the lack of closure after the climax, it just feels like everything you did over the course of 3 games was for naught.

It's very slightly better than having the reapers kill everyone, but not by much.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about half way through the game. It's got to be my favorite of the three so far. Extremely fun. I'll let you guys know my end game thoughts later.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:46 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I'm about half way through the game. It's got to be my favorite of the three so far. Extremely fun. I'll let you guys know my end game thoughts later.
98% of the game is amazing. You'll enjoy all of that, I have no doubt.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
this was my main problem. i could deal with everything else, if it'd been finished properly.
My first thoughts were of KOTOR:II minus the "rushed" excuse. Choppy, sudden ending with no closure.

At least most of the game was awesome. Better than say, DA:2 which just sucked the entire time.

Some of my favorite parts were when your former squadmates got moments of awesome.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Something else I've been thinking about...maybe the ending was an attempt at making sure there wouldn't be any more pressure to do more Mass Effect stuff.

As I replayed the series and then 3, I kept thinking "I bet they do an MMO next...you could play as any race and blah blah blah..."

Bioware has their space MMO with TOR, so maybe they just wanted to make sure the pressure was off with a definite final ending?

I don't know...all I know is that I don't like it.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Something else I've been thinking about...maybe the ending was an attempt at making sure there wouldn't be any more pressure to do more Mass Effect stuff.

As I replayed the series and then 3, I kept thinking "I bet they do an MMO next...you could play as any race and blah blah blah..."

Bioware has their space MMO with TOR, so maybe they just wanted to make sure the pressure was off with a definite final ending?

I don't know...all I know is that I don't like it.
I can see that, but EA would just force them to come out with a Prothean era game against the Reapers.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I knew I shouldn't have started getting into the technobabble of the game...

Quote:
A throwaway line about 12 light-years being a day's voyage suggests that ships can reach 4,000 times the speed of light easily, but that indicates that traveling from one end of the galaxy to the other would take more than 20 years. Also ships in FTL accumulate a static charge that will eventually overload the ship's systems and kill the crew unless discharged into a planet's magnetic field or a specialized facility on a space station.
Ugh. The end of the game screws so many people.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Old 03-15-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Started my playthrough as renegade Shep jizzing in the face of the entire galaxy. I'll just stop playing before the final mission.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Started my playthrough as renegade Shep jizzing in the face of the entire galaxy. I'll just stop playing before the final mission.
I kind of wanted to do that...first I was just going to dust off my old renegade Infiltrator Shep play through from when I first got 1 and 2 but then I soured on 3...

I'm still debating at some point starting an uber-renegade fem-Shep but I'd have to start from the beginning and I don't feel like playing 1 and 2 again right now.

I wish you could just "import" a character you already beat the game with, but make edits to that character such as gender, class, background info, etc. The decisions would stay the same that were made in the previous games, but you'd just get to reply with a "new" character.

Alas.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I kind of wanted to do that...first I was just going to dust off my old renegade Infiltrator Shep play through from when I first got 1 and 2 but then I soured on 3...

I'm still debating at some point starting an uber-renegade fem-Shep but I'd have to start from the beginning and I don't feel like playing 1 and 2 again right now.

I wish you could just "import" a character you already beat the game with, but make edits to that character such as gender, class, background info, etc. The decisions would stay the same that were made in the previous games, but you'd just get to reply with a "new" character.

Alas.
Lol an "On her Period" fem Shep would be awesome.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Lol an "On her Period" fem Shep would be awesome.
I started it up with 1 again and that's basically what I'm doing. I'm just going around being a HUGE c*nt. It's kind of hilarious.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, that's how I've been feeling for the past couple of days. But I was bored and doing that ^^^ sounded fun. I'll probably play up until the end of 3 and just not start the final mission.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of you guys play ME3 multiplayer? If so I demand to know your gamertags. I just beat Silver last night.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Doesn't help that the ending was awful.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really need to finish the game so I can contribute to this. I don't know if I should be happy or pissed till I finish the game.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
i really need to finish the game so I can contribute to this. I don't know if I should be happy or pissed till I finish the game.
Be happy. Because 1, 2 and the first 98% of 3 are epic, great games and stories. Enjoy them. I did and I am again by replaying them with a new character.

I'm just not going to do the very last part of 3 and I'll make up my own ending.