Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-11-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About how Id imagine Tebow feels. Bud Adams is still ******* insane though, why make those comments public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 03-11-2012 at 09:06 PM.
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
About how Id imagine Tebow feels. Bud Adams is still ******* insane though, why my those comments public?
a) He wants to put on the appearance that he's trying to spend money and win championships, even if he really isn't.

b) It's a ploy to build fan support behind his idea that he legit believes in to gain even a little more leverage against a FO that probably actually wants no part of Manning. (I know he's the owner and can do whatever he wants, but still)

c) He's just senile.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw, sorry about my terrible spelling, I've been posting from a phone for the last few weeks.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Terry McCormick of Titan Insider joins ESPN's Adam Schefter in expecting the Titans to "make a run" at free agent Mario Williams.
"I believe I first said that at the Senior Bowl," writes McCormick. The need for a pass rusher like Williams is apparent in Tennessee, and lack of cap space can't be an excuse. The Titans have plenty of money. They could use Williams at right defensive end, bookending former first-round pick Derrick Morgan.
-Rotoworld

Rather have Mario than Manning. Then again I don't want Manning.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just gained $1.6 million in extra cap space for something something. It's can be spread over two years too. The bad news is so did everyone else, sans Redskins (got docked $30+ million), Cowboys (got docked $10+ million), Saints, and Raiders (both stayed same, I believe).

Per Schefter on the ESPN.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@AdamSchefter: Titans were preparing to make run at Houston's Mario Williams, and now organization has shifted its focus to try to sign Peyton Manning.

Damn. I'm not gonna lie. I really want Mario Williams. If we sign Peyton Manning though, I bet the rest of our cap will be spent on veteran interior lineman like Scott Wells and maybe Ben Grubbs.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Any of you think we really have a shot at Peyton? Or do you think his visit is just a tip of the hat to UT and he really doesn't want anything to do with us? I am undecided.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Bud Adams ugh I hate him. I really want Mario damn him. Peyton is not going to win a SB with our ****** passrush.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Well, if the Manning meeting could happen fairly early tomorrow and he tells us thanks but no thanks, we could still have a shot at Super Mario.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning may mainly be meeting with Munch, since once he chooses where he wants to go, the whole contract talks may be just a formality (especially with Adams basically admitting to just that), but I bet Reinfeldt or Webster will probably be present for most of it too.

But we'll still have two from our trio (Reinfeldt, Webster, Dawson) working FA while he's here. So it's not like we're throwing all of our eggs into one basket. If there's one thing we know, it's Reinfeldt covers his bases. Now, Peyton will get face time with both MR and Webster just because he's Peyton Manning, but we basically have two GM's on staff with those two. It's like Hermione's watch doobly doo. Except these guys don't give Kal a boner.

We definitely have a shot at him. He wouldn't be coming here if we didn't, so just that in itself is promising. Personnel wise, there's a ton to offer. Like I said earlier, no one else can beat CJ2K-Britt-Roos. He went to UT and the weather is Goldilocks range, so edge for personal history and not being a cold weather stadium. The defense could be better, but I think he'll be more worried about the coaching staff and FO than defensive personnel because he knows that if he does his job, then it makes it all the more easier for the defense. That's where they'd have to win him. Prove to him that this is not only a talented team, but that he meshes well with the coaches and trusts their abilities as well as believing the organization at the top has what it takes to make a winner, keep a winner, and then obtain the ultimate goal.

God this is weird to talk about. Just imagining Manning playing a game as a ******* Tennessee Titan. The whole thing just seems surreal, it doesn't even matter that he's actually thinking about coming here or that the Titans are the best team seriously courting him. I just can't wrap my mind around it. We're not used to nice things just happening to us. We gotta work for it and reach for the workout warrior RB who goes for 2,000 yards, or reach on the bottomed out senior QB who makes the higher rated QB you passed over for him look like a waterboy, or reach on the LT who's been anchoring one side or the other since being drafted, or wait 5 years until the DT decides he wants to play to his potential, or take the risk of hiring your OL coach for the past two decades as your HC and have it pay off. I know we've had our share of success, but you can't say the team didn't have to work for it with one of the best QB's in NFL history bending the league over season after season. We're the only team to win the division outright away from a Manning-led Colts (TWICE FOO! TWICE!). I'm not gonna lie and say it wouldn't feel great to hear he signed with us.

But in the end, I just want players who help us win. I don't just want Mario Williams, Peyton Manning, and Carl Nicks or Grubbs. I want Nick Hardwick. I want Scott Wells. I want Ronald Bartell. I want to trade for Osi Umenyiora. I want Locker throwing bombs to Britt. I want CJ to dip his hips and made a defender go pinwheeling across the field. I want Derrick Morgan to make me look good after hyping him and notch a double-digit sack season. I want Chris Hope to come to my house, read me a story, and then gently rock me to sleep.

I guess the good thing about being an elligible bachelor or wondering what it'd mean for the promising young QB is that if things don't work out, we're still in pretty damn good shape. BUT MAYBE WE CAN STILL SIGN MARIO WILLIAMS ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you imagine an offseason with Peyton AND Mario???

The one thing I think that lures Peyton here is the OL, franchise LT and RT. In Indy, Peyton always had smart players at the guard positions, not really the most athletic because Peytons a smart guy, he made his offensive line 10x better than they were talent-wise.

Realistically, the Titans have around 30m in cap space right now. What do you guys think Peyton would want for a season? He was signed to a 5yr 90m deal, which averaged 18m season. Do you guys think Peyton would take something like a 3 year 50m where he got around 13m the first season?

If that were the case, we'd then have 17m in cap space, cutting Hasselbeck would free up 5.5m I believe getting us back up to 22.5m. Which would leave us with enough to still get Mario.

If Peyton still had concerns about the offensive line, we could draft Konz, Zeitler, Solatuli or whoever. If we don't get Mario, we can sign a good OL and focus DE in the draft. We could take a guy like Andre Branch who has insane speed
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

So apparently we're bringing in Steve Hutchinson and strongly considering signing him. It's supposed to also be a pull for Manning since they're good friends.

I kind of thought he was washed up, but maybe if we stuck him between David Stewart and a good veteran center like Scott Wells or Chris Myers it might not be a bad pickup for spot-duty.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hutch is still a good guard, he is somewhat "washed up" however, his version of washed up is still a pro bowl caliber guard, he's just not all-pro anymore.

He's played on a pretty poor Vikings O-Line the past few years, but he's still a solid starter, and while he may not be the A+ grade I would have once given him, he's still a solid B+ in my eyes.

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 03-13-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N200BA

If any of you want to track Bud Adams plane.

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/201...e-to-nashville
Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Hutch would be a signing similar to when we signed Jake Scott. I'm for it, much like frilly tooth picks.

Glad we signed Jordan Babineaux. Hopefully it's a nice one because he earned it, and I hear he's a great teammate.

Bummed about Tim Shaw, but Patrick Bailey is back and we can find another LB for ST's. May have to if Gerald McRath continues to sub in as a nickel LB.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Well according to Jim Wyatt, the Titans have targeted that safety from the Ravens who is a big special teamer. The asian guy. Don't feel like looking up his name, but I wanna say Nakamura.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I swear if we lose JJ I might cry. Peyton or Mario would make me feel better though.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Well according to Jim Wyatt, the Titans have targeted that safety from the Ravens who is a big special teamer. The asian guy. Don't feel like looking up his name, but I wanna say Nakamura.
Har..Hariku? Hariku Nakamura?

*looks up*

HARUKI NAKAMURA! AGH! SO CLOSE!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Tennessean decided Jim Wyatt has to take his vacation during FA. What a joke of a company.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I swear if we lose JJ I might cry. Peyton or Mario would make me feel better though.
La Confora said JJ will likely get 9m/yr. At that price I'd gladly open the door as he walked out it
Old 03-13-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Tennessean decided Jim Wyatt has to take his vacation during FA. What a joke of a company.
I nearly raged on a local news station in Chatt. A friend of mine's husband was gravely injured fighting in the Middle East (insurgents saw his unit coming and set off an IED, and the dude helped fight them off from on his back because his legs sustained horrific injuries that eventually caused them to be amputated).

The station did a report on him and his wife and his family, so their heart is in the right place. But whoever typed up the report has a grasp of grammar that made the papers I graded as a teaching aid for a sophomore class look like Hemingway. Not only that, but there were doubled words too. The dude just earned a Purple Heart, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN ******* PROOFREAD THE ARTICLE BEFORE YOU POST IT? HE'S FROM HERE! HIS FAMILY IS GOING TO PRINT THIS OFF AND KEEP IT! HE'S GOING TO READ IT FROM HIS ******* HOSPITAL BED IN GODDAMN GERMANY! STOP USING SPELLCHECK AND GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND DO YOUR JOB, OR I'LL DO IT FOR YOU WHEN I GRADUATE!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

“@ProFootballTalk: Texans C Chris Myers is in talks with Houston and Tennessee, per league source.”
Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
@ProFootballTalk: Texans C Chris Myers is in talks with Houston and Tennessee, per league source.
I pray to the football gods we pull him or Scott Wells.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yeah, Myers works for me. Let Amano and Harris fight to the death for the vacant guard spot, and then murder the victor after drafting DeCastro.

That's how our ancestors did it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Roos - Hutchinson - Myers - DeCastro - Stewart

Boner alert!