Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-13-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly Martellus Bennett coming in for a visit and they hope to get a contract done. Not a fan of this.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
Supposedly Martellus Bennett coming in for a visit and they hope to get a contract done. Not a fan of this.
WHYYYYYYYYYY GOD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't see how it could really hurt though. I'm iffy on this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
via garafolo's twitter we brought back tryon and coe. along with a scrub TE and OL i never heard of.

Looks like our corners are set with Webster-Prince-TT-Bruce-Tryon-Coe
Thats a good group, so Im pretty sure this means no CB in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
why....

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martellus Bennet?!

I get what they see in him, they see a punishing blocker and a guy with potential to be a great pass catcher, but this is a horrible signing if they make it.

He's a clown, he has no work ethic, he's an idiot, locker room cancer, can't catch, constantly messes up his assignment, has no passion for the game, can't take in coaching, he's just a bad football player.

He's not the type of guy you gamble on. He's a cancer. I am not a fan of this and won't sign off on it. Reese is making a mistake.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we'll see. he's talented but has a ten cent head. maybe being on a real team will set him straight. i dont see how badly it can hurt
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how we're trying to get on our needs before the draft, but DO NOT WANT.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you see the contract, you'll see how badly it can hurt. Anything more than the league minimum is a horrible signing for this guy. I just don't want this kind of trash on our team.

Why not get Moss if we are ok with this? Moss would have given us 200x the production this guy would.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Reese I Trust. If Reese wants Bennett I will support it.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

LT, he's the Carmelo Anthony of TEs!

Don't fall for the trap! </3
Old 03-13-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Completely fine with Bennett as long it is a reasonable deal.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Actually, Melo is giving him too much credit. He's the JR Smith of TEs.
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
LT, he's the Carmelo Anthony of TEs!

Don't fall for the trap! </3
Hey I trust Jerry Reese more then I trust James Dolan Glen Grunwald and ISIAH.

Reese has build a championship roster twice. I trust him.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am glad he is coming in. I wouldn't mind signing MB if he worth the price. I think he can get better with Coach Pope. We have leaders on our team it isn't like the Dallas team.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Have you guys ever watched Hard Knocks? Go watch Marty B on Hard Knocks. That series will show you everything you need to know about Bennett. He's a giant turd.

I'll be shocked if he works out.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love that we got both those CB's signed back. I'm digging our depth there and Johnson and Tryon are going to be perfect for the dime.

I'm going with a big no on Martellus. This can't catch for ****. I know he's turned it a great blocker but I feel like once this guy gets paid we are going to see bonehead move. Of course I trust Reese but he's not going to be right EVERY time. Please let Bennet think he's more than he's worth.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am glad he is coming in. I wouldn't mind signing MB if he worth the price. I think he can get better with Coach Pope. We have leaders on our team it isn't like the Dallas team.
This is pro football with grown men. You have no leaders the Cowboys don't have. Whether Marty B works out is his own doing.

That said, I will hate it if you guys land him. Classic situation of him leaving, going to a division, rival, and becoming a beast. He has all the physical tools and blocks like a champion. Also, he might be lazy but if there is one thing Marty B does has, it's pride. Going to a division rival just may be the motivation he needs.

This could be a very underrated signing 2 years from now. Damnit.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Also, I don't want Blackmon back, I don't know if he's a FA or whatever, just cut him if he's signed. He's terrible, he is worse than a guy just fair catching it every time.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Have you guys ever watched Hard Knocks? Go watch Marty B on Hard Knocks. That series will show you everything you need to know about Bennett. He's a giant turd.

I'll be shocked if he works out.
I trust our coaching staff and personnel we have, in terms of coaching, and Eli to help the immaturity. I think Pope can help this guy. I'd take Pope over Garrett as the TE coach. I am willing to take this risk.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
This is pro football with grown men. You have no leaders the Cowboys don't have. Whether Marty B works out is his own doing.

That said, I will hate it if you guys land him. Classic situation of him leaving, going to a division, rival, and becoming a beast. He has all the physical tools and blocks like a champion. Also, he might be lazy but if there is one thing Marty B does has, it's pride. Going to a division rival just may be the motivation he needs.

This could be a very underrated signing 2 years from now. Damnit.
Our leaders get the team to raise their game when it's critical. You team does not. One of your players, hatcher, I think it was ripped your team about not having leadership didn't he?

I do trust Pope and I am willing to roll the dice on MB. Let's see how things pan out.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

no offense CDCB, but I'm going to take Coughlin to motivate Marty B and get his head out of hiss ass 100/100 times over Wade and Garret
Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Some info on Thomas' contract

Per a league source, however, it’s a one-year contract worth $2 million, with the remaining $26 million hinging on whether he plays well enough in 2012 to justify the team picking up the option.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
1 I <3 NY, the city. Favorite place in the world
Tweet from wife of MB
Old 03-13-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a feeling Bennett was going to be the type of guy we want after...well hopefully it's cheap and it really motivates him to learn from Pope.

PS JR, call Winston, now and make it happen. Trade Osi and make everyone re-structure again to make it work, but just make it work. Diehl/Beatty-Petrus-Baas-Snee-Winston would be absolutely amazing and our redzone offense wouldn't suck again!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like this Bennett signing is definitely going down. Let's just hope Coughlin/Gilbride/Pope/Eli can get into his head and he unleashes his potential here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote