Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papageorgio View Post
enjoy Alex Smith as your QB. Good luck winning anything with that bum
Everyone's retort to 49ers fans it seems.

Well played sirs.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady Lurkin View Post
Carter was a good player against the run and didn't even get traded to the Titans until Kearse's third year. And Haynesworth was an average, oft-injured player until he entered a contract year (in 2007, I think? Long after Kearse was gone).

Kearse was pretty underrated against the run for his entire career. That's basically the only thing he could do by the time he got to Philly (2004).
I think I listed John Thornton in there too. Haynesworth started out average, but he was at least stout. He didn't start disrupting the line of scrimmage until years later though.

Kearse we'll just have to disagree with then. I just don't think he was very good against the run at all. Maybe average on a good day? I'll never forget the Bills deciding to just run Antwan Smith down the Titans throat on his side because Rob Johnson kept getting sacked in that wild card game by Kearse. He was quick I'll give him that, but he was light and when those big offensive linemen came his way there was little he could do about it. I'm worried about Aldon Smith for this reason.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
enjoy Alex Smith as your QB. Good luck winning anything with that bum
Like last year?

LOL way to change the topic.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I find it puzzling why Alex Smith hasn't signed yet..
Cause they are going to come out of left field and sign Manning.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I wouldn't say you can't rely on the draft. Name some top players on the Steelers that they didn't draft. Name some top guys the Packers didn't draft. The only key Patriots who weren't drafted by the team are Wes Welker, Brian Waters, Mark Anderson, Andre Carter, and Rob Ninkovich. These spending sprees almost never result in winning teams.
I understand your point, but you do both. The steelers signed James Harrison.

The Packers signed Ryan Grant and Charles Woodson, Ryan Pickett.

You build a team both ways, but it's usually not by signing big-time free agents, it's usually the underrated guys
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't compare Aldon Smith to a passrushing God like The Freak. Jevon Kearse was actually pretty good against the run.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Like last year?

LOL way to change the topic.
Il guarantee the Bills do better next year and are super bowl contenders unlike the 49ers.
papageorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I meant it as Smith isn't a pass rush threat that Mario is, and he wasn't, isn't and never will be.

The rest of your argument bores me
Cool story bro.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Il guarantee the Bills do better next year and are super bowl contenders unlike the 49ers.
You guarantee the Bills are super bowl contenders?
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I understand your point, but you do both. The steelers signed James Harrison.

The Packers signed Ryan Grant and Charles Woodson, Ryan Pickett.

You build a team both ways, but it's usually not by signing big-time free agents, it's usually the underrated guys
James Harrison was an UDFA though he was cut numerous times before he found a place on the active roster.
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nevermind been said already

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
i didnt say you cant rely on the draft. i actually said the skins have 12 picks among last year and this year with a lot of last years guys contributing. i just said that it is rare to bat .1000. You've named 2-3 teams out of 32 which just further proves my point. And the Pack and Pats have definitely struck out on some draft picks as well.
You said you can't rebuild through the draft, I posted examples of the most well-run organizations in the league building their teams through the draft.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Don't compare Aldon Smith to a passrushing God like The Freak. Jevon Kearse was actually pretty good against the run.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
You said you can't rebuild through the draft, I posted examples of the most well-run organizations in the league building their teams through the draft.
i said you can't build 100%. especially not in the course of only a couple seasons. we have to fix what vinny did and it can't be done overnight with 1-2 drafts...
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
You guarantee the Bills are super bowl contenders?
Yes with Williams and a good first round pick the Bills are super bowl contenders.

Fred Jackson and Spiller is the best running back duo in the NFL.

Stevie Johnson is one weapon and hopefully we can get Blackmon to fall to 10 or get Floyd.

Bills are gonna win the AFC east next year.
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I listed John Thornton in there too. Haynesworth started out average, but he was at least stout. He didn't start disrupting the line of scrimmage until years later though.

Kearse we'll just have to disagree with then. I just don't think he was very good against the run at all. Maybe average on a good day? I'll never forget the Bills deciding to just run Antwan Smith down the Titans throat on his side because Rob Johnson kept getting sacked in that wild card game by Kearse. He was quick I'll give him that, but he was light and when those big offensive linemen came his way there was little he could do about it. I'm worried about Aldon Smith for this reason.
As a rookie he was told to cause penetration and get after the QB, after that he really started playing the run and that's why his sack total decreased even though his play was drastically better.

Aside from Kearse, Carter and Haynesworth, the large part of the titans success was scheme and Washburn. I don't know if you can count on both hands how many D-Lineman that got made and overpaid by the Titans and washburn
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Source tells me there's a growing sentiment amongst current #Bills players that the Mario Williams deal has a good chance of happening.

From Twitter.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Cool story bro.
thanks "bro"
Old 03-13-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
i said you can't build 100%. especially not in the course of only a couple seasons. we have to fix what vinny did and it can't be done overnight with 1-2 drafts...
tell that to the colts and steelers. they pretty much were 100% drafted guys.

The Redskins actually have done pretty well building through the draft recently. It's not gonna be pretty trying to build by spending in free agency again, but they don't have a choice. They won't be a super bowl contender for at least 5 years, but that's probably how long it will take for Griffin to reach his prime anyhow.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes with Williams and a good first round pick the Bills are super bowl contenders.

Stevie Johnson is one weapon and hopefully we can get Blackmon to fall to 10 or get Floyd.

Please stop :( Lets get to .500 first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Source tells me there's a growing sentiment amongst current #Bills players that the Mario Williams deal has a good chance of happening.

From Twitter.
The Bills are prepared to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Steady Lurkin
Rookie

Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post

The Bills are prepared to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league.
Wouldn't every team that brings him in?
Steady Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post

From Twitter.
They got a candle vigil set up praying LOL.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You say the 49ers can't win anything with a much better roster because of Alex Smith, but Ryan Fitzpatrick can lead the Bills to the Super Bowl one year after going 6-10?
papageorgio
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post

we would've made the palyofs this year if it weren't for injuries. With no injuries the Bills beat the Pats in week 3 who made the super bowl

Losing Freddie,Kyle Williams and Wood really hurt our chances at the end of the year.

Now with Williams the Bills are easily super bowl contenders if Fitzpatrick can play well next season.