Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-13-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...n-boston-radio

There you have it. I have no interest in paying that man $5+ per year.
Branch was slated to make ~6M last year before restructure. I'm not sure what you think WRs are worth, but Lloyd is absolutely worth a 4 year 24M contract. If you don't believe that you simply haven't seen him play at all over the last few years. (Not taking a shot at you, btw. The only reason anybody has seen him would be NFL Ticket, because he's played on terrible teams that get no airtime. lol)

For comparison:
Steve Breaston: 5 / $22.5 - Not a #1WR.
Santonio Holmes: 5 / $45.25 - Younger, headcase, lower production
Sidney Rice: 5 / $41 - If you think he's better than Lloyd you're off the charts insane.

Lloyd is better than all of them, overall. Holmes is the only one I'd say is a better talent, but not lightyears better and carries way too many reg flags.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before his injury I would've taken Rice over Lloyd any day. Lloyd is going to be 31 when the season starts. He has only been a productive receiver for the last two years. Prior to that he drove his teams insane with stupid drops and a bad attitude. Just because he likes McD and fits the perceived system doesn't make me want to dole out millions of dollars to him. Anything below $5 mil would be fine with me, but if we're paying more than that I think we're overpaying. I really think that it'd come back to bite us in the ass if we sign him to a big contract. Let someone else get in a bidding war for his services. We can find a deep threat in the draft instead which I'd rather have than to sign a 31-year old with a history of drops. For the record, I don't mind paying big bucks for a quality receiver. Lloyd doesn't fit the bill IMO. He's good, but I want something better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Before his injury I would've taken Rice over Lloyd any day. Lloyd is going to be 31 when the season starts. He has only been a productive receiver for the last two years. Prior to that he drove his teams insane with stupid drops and a bad attitude. Just because he likes McD and fits the perceived system doesn't make me want to dole out millions of dollars to him. Anything below $5 mil would be fine with me, but if we're paying more than that I think we're overpaying. I really think that it'd come back to bite us in the ass if we sign him to a big contract. Let someone else get in a bidding war for his services. We can find a deep threat in the draft instead which I'd rather have than to sign a 31-year old with a history of drops. For the record, I don't mind paying big bucks for a quality receiver. Lloyd doesn't fit the bill IMO. He's good, but I want something better.
Good WRs get $5M a year. I think you're missing that. lol

I also think you're not giving Lloyd the credit he is due. I said it last year that he looks like a guy who really has put his head on straight and picked his game up because of it. He has been wildly underpaid the last two years and I don't think he's in for a drop off after a payday. Obviously I could be wrong. Personally, I want Meachem, anyway. Same money, younger, bigger, and (imo) underutilized in the Saints package heavy system.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyways....

Quote:
Source tells us #Patriots willing to trade two first round picks (27, 31) to move up to Top 10. Looking at defense.
Matt Miller from NFLDraftScout tweeted this. Michael Brockers comes to mind. **** yeah!!

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. BB ballin. I like it.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

We heard the same stuff 2 years ago (speculating Raji or Tyson Jackson, among others) and nothing ever came of it. It's time to ignore every "report" we see.

Also, I doubt BB is trading up to the top ten for a redshirt sophmore with one year of production.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
We heard the same stuff 2 years ago (speculating Raji or Tyson Jackson, among others) and nothing ever came of it. It's time to ignore every "report" we see.

Also, I doubt BB is trading up to the top ten for a redshirt sophmore with one year of production.
Brockers was the first name that came to mind. Others are Morris Claiborne, Justin Blackmon and Quinton Coples. I don't care, just get talent.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Brockers was the first name that came to mind. Others are Morris Claiborne, Justin Blackmon and Quinton Coples. I don't care, just get talent.
The report said "Looking at defense" so Blackmon sounds about right!

Old 03-13-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The report said "Looking at defense" so Blackmon sounds about right!
Didn't see that. I'll just go jump in front of a train then...

Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading both picks would be a mistake. The only guys I think may end up justifying a top-ten pick would be Coples, Jenkins, Claiborne, or Kirkpatrick. I like the CB depth as-is.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Didn't see that. I'll just go jump in front of a train then...
I was actually thinking you would be right. If they say 'defense' it's clearly misinformation.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Pierre Garcon just signed with the Redskins for $8 mil. per year. Lloyd is better than that... Jeez...

Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Pierre Garcon just signed with the Redskins for $8 mil. per year. Lloyd is better than that... Jeez...
Is this the part where I get to say "I told you so!"??? lol

Old 03-13-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Is this the part where I get to say "I told you so!"??? lol

It doesn't count when it's the Skins. They're idiots. Reportedly they're also close to signing Josh Morgan :(

Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
It doesn't count when it's the Skins. They're idiots. Reportedly they're also close to signing Josh Morgan :(
lol

Yeah, the skins don't have any high picks so they pretty much have to overpay for WR talent. We'll see when VJax's deal w/Tampa is out, though. He's going to be in the 10+ range and then Bowe will follow. Lloyd @ 7M will seem like a huge discount.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Eh, not in my world lol. I don't want to overpay for over the hill receivers...

Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyways....

Matt Miller from NFLDraftScout tweeted this. Michael Brockers comes to mind. **** yeah!!
Brockers in the top 10 would be shocking unless he has a great pro day.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Trading both picks would be a mistake. The only guys I think may end up justifying a top-ten pick would be Coples, Jenkins, Claiborne, or Kirkpatrick. I like the CB depth as-is.
I'd easily trade up for M.Floyd. EASY!
He'll beast so hard if he came to NE.
I don't care what our past history with WRs are.
I'm the conductor on the Floyd fan club train.
Unless he becomes a Jet, then I hope he becomes the next C.Rogers.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every year the Pats have two first rounders and every year we hear the rumors that they want to trade way up and every year it doesn't happen. The rumors are simply a result of having the two first round picks. Media guys love to speculate about those kinds of trades.

As far as I'm concerned I hope they don't do that. There's really nobody in the top 10 that I can say I want that badly that I would make that kind of a trade to get him.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'd easily trade up for M.Floyd. EASY!
He'll beast so hard if he came to NE.
I don't care what our past history with WRs are.
I'm the conductor on the Floyd fan club train.
Unless he becomes a Jet, then I hope he becomes the next C.Rogers.
Floyd is such a polarizing prospect; his play makes him look like a Pro Bowler but he gives a really bad vibe in interviews.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was being reported that the Pats were interested in Red Bryant. Would have been a good move, but NFL.com is reporting he has resigned with Seattle.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
It was being reported that the Pats were interested in Red Bryant. Would have been a good move, but NFL.com is reporting he has resigned with Seattle.
Bryant would be a good fit but I'd be very wary of paying $35 million to a guy who has only been healthy once in his career. The Pats should really sit out free agency unless they absolutely need to participate, the market gets more and more inflated every year and it's just not worth it anymore.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Floyd is such a polarizing prospect; his play makes him look like a Pro Bowler but he gives a really bad vibe in interviews.

Most people have probably seen Floyd play a lot more than I have, but when I have watched him I have never really seen anything that made me think he was a first round draft pick. Just an ok player. Maybe I only saw the bad games. But yeah, I'll pass on Floyd in round 1. I don't really want a round 1 WR anyway. Round 2 or 3 go for it. But not round 1.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 03-14-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Macheam signs with the Chargers. I feel like were not going to be making many moves :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

very slow first day of free agency for the pats. whats new? happens almost every year...

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote