Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-14-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodney Pool is visiting right now.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The 26-year old Bernadeau is officially listed at 6-4, 308 pounds and was drafted by the Panthers in the seventh round (250th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft out of Division-II Bentley (Mass.) where he played both guard and tackle.

Reports out of Carolina suggest that Bernadeau has a strong work ethic, which would make him a good fit for Jason Garrett's Cowboys. Another thing that makes Bernadeau interesting, the guy is insanely strong: he won the Overtime Sports/DeFranco’s Training “World’s Strongest Athlete” competition twice.

Of note, the Cowboys' defensive line coach Brian Baker spent two years with the Panthers coaching his defensive linemen against Bernadeau among others. It may be that connection that put Bernadeau on the Cowboys' radar in the first place.

For now, it looks like Bernadeau will take Derrick Dockery's place on the roster. Dockery is an unrestricted free agent and will turn 32 at the start of the 2012 season. This move continues this year's trend of talking to (and hopefully eventually signing) young guys
BtB loves the signing. Strong interior lineman with a strong work ethic? Sign me up.

<3 Brodney Pool visiting!
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Early indications are that both Dallas and Washington are taking it to court. No sources on that just that both teams denied wrongdoing and Washington flat out said they are ignoring the penalty.

The penalty isn't 10 million this season. It's 5 this year and 5 next. The cap will SKYROCKET next year with the new TV deals (est +30 million) so the money will be there for Jenkins if he performs up to snuff.

Guarantee all these deals have low values for this season and scale into the mega cap numbers along with the new cap. SJ wouldn't have it any other way.

Connor shouldn't be expensive either. He's a backup MLB with minimal suitors.

LMFAO. All the Eagle fans I know are thinking this:

I love it.
I don't think you have your facts straight on this one. The Redskins and the Cowboys can split the hit however they want over the next 2 years. If both teams choose to ignore it they will have to eat the total the folllowing year. But it doesn't have to be split evenly. From what I gathered the cowboys could eat 0 this year and 10m next year and not break any rules. Same goes for the redskins.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing that we have over Robinson is a chance to win. Obviously if he signs with the Jags we will know what his top priority is...but I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a lesser offer to play with a team that is set.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a separate cap for rookies like the NBA? I'm surprised we have all this money for these guys and our draft class.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I don't think you have your facts straight on this one. The Redskins and the Cowboys can split the hit however they want over the next 2 years. If both teams choose to ignore it they will have to eat the total the folllowing year. But it doesn't have to be split evenly. From what I gathered the cowboys could eat 0 this year and 10m next year and not break any rules. Same goes for the redskins.
Incorrect. Hitler (Goodell) said that half the penalty must be taken this year. They are free to take more or even the entire penalty this year but he stated they must take at least half.

Horrible source but it's all around just the first hit on google.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tions-in-2012/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Is there a separate cap for rookies like the NBA? I'm surprised we have all this money for these guys and our draft class.
Back-loaded contracts or at least contracts with very minimal 2012 hit. With SJ working the numbers I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more low/mid level free agents along with our draft picks.

I mean look at Austin's contract. 17 million in year 1 and then super low hits the rest. The reverse can easily be done but normally requires more guaranteed money to protect the player from release.

Last edited by Trogdor : 03-14-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I go for a run and come back and Carr is finalized, we signed Vickers and Brodney Pool is in da house!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's either Guard or DE in the first round for sure now, especially if we land Pool. I'd be in inclined to say DE. I'm stoked right now!!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
It's either Guard or DE in the first round for sure now, especially if we land Pool. I'd be in inclined to say DE. I'm stoked right now!!!!
Biggest hope we need to have is that Tannenhill gets drafted before our pick. That pushes another top talent down the board.

At this point I'd say my options would be....

1) DeCastro: If he's here I'm still taking him over all other options.
2) Trade down: Self explanatory I like the value of late 1st or multiple 2nds over a mid-first this year.
3) Cox: Long gone by here but he's my favorite 5-tech.
4) Poe: Love the potential but for as high as his ceiling is the same goes for his floor. Definition of boom-bust here.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Biggest hope we need to have is that Tannenhill gets drafted before our pick. That pushes another top talent down the board.

At this point I'd say my options would be....

1) DeCastro: If he's here I'm still taking him over all other options.
2) Trade down: Self explanatory I like the value of late 1st or multiple 2nds over a mid-first this year.
3) Cox: Long gone by here but he's my favorite 5-tech.
4) Poe: Love the potential but for as high as his ceiling is the same goes for his floor. Definition of boom-bust here.
I've still got thing for Brockers. I think the Cowboys do too.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I've still got thing for Brockers. I think the Cowboys do too.
I haven't heard good things about him from what I've read. If I were to gamble on a D-lineman I'd probably want Poe. He should be considered at the least a better prospect then Terrance Cody, and Cody would be a massive upgrade on our D-line while Poe offers upside Cody never did. Brockers seems like a guy who could come here and just be average, I want to swing for the fence on D-lineman.

We still have an issue at 4th CB(somebody will get hurt there like always) and both safeties. Ugh. Maybe Barron slides close enough to move up with our 2nd rounder without it being too costly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodbye Laurent, I appreciate your contribution last year but 5 yrs and 32 mil is too rich for a 4th option. Good luck
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling I'm going to like Vickers

TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey D Unit ! Do you realize you went from saying Carr was not worth $10 mil to PAY THE MAN in a matter of minutes? That was funny to catch up on the conversation and read that.

But seriously, we don't need Decastro? I can't believe you are serious about that. Its kind of crazy. You might feel that there are other players that would help more, but to say we don't need him is silly. Our interior line was bad and you know it.

However, I am with you 100% on the Dan O'Connor stuff. It only makes sense that if Carter had impressed anyone we would not be looking at other team's starters for ILB.

I told you guys when we drafted Bruce Carter that I couldn't find all the 'BIG PLAYS" he supposedly made in college. I know physically, he is a beast. Unfortunately, he isn't a beast on the field. If he was that good he would have got playing time.

Signings are great so far, IMO. But we still need to bring in a lot of competition at several positions.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I haven't heard good things about him from what I've read. If I were to gamble on a D-lineman I'd probably want Poe. He should be considered at the least a better prospect then Terrance Cody, and Cody would be a massive upgrade on our D-line while Poe offers upside Cody never did. Brockers seems like a guy who could come here and just be average, I want to swing for the fence on D-lineman.

We still have an issue at 4th CB(somebody will get hurt there like always) and both safeties. Ugh. Maybe Barron slides close enough to move up with our 2nd rounder without it being too costly?
Ugh the idea of Barron as a Cowboy makes me want to hurt kittens. In a reasonable draft he's not mentioned as a mid to late 1st. He's getting pushed thanks to one of the worst safety crops in recent memory.

I don't mind Brockers but if I'm gambling on a boom-bust I'm taking Poe since I can move Ratliff to DE then :D

As far as 4th corner you can wait and draft one of them in the mid rounds. I think in some way, shape, or form we'll be taking a OG, CB, and front 7 in first three pictures.

Option A:
DeCastro
Boykin (depending on the scout he's a late 1st through late 2nd) if he's gone target Minnifield or best corner.
Bequette

Option B:
Trade down for an extra 2nd.
Jenkins(depending on character tests)/Gilmore
Silatolu
Reyes
Bequette

What can I say about Bequette I think he fits the mold of our SOLB and he's got all the numbers I look for with his workouts.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Hey D Unit ! Do you realize you went from saying Carr was not worth $10 mil to PAY THE MAN in a matter of minutes? That was funny to catch up on the conversation and read that.

But seriously, we don't need Decastro? I can't believe you are serious about that. Its kind of crazy. You might feel that there are other players that would help more, but to say we don't need him is silly. Our interior line was bad and you know it.

However, I am with you 100% on the Dan O'Connor stuff. It only makes sense that if Carter had impressed anyone we would not be looking at other team's starters for ILB.

I told you guys when we drafted Bruce Carter that I couldn't find all the 'BIG PLAYS" he supposedly made in college. I know physically, he is a beast. Unfortunately, he isn't a beast on the field. If he was that good he would have got playing time.

Signings are great so far, IMO. But we still need to bring in a lot of competition at several positions.
... Hold up. Dan Connor is not anyone's starter. He's a backup MLB that spot started after their star MLB (Beason) went on IR for his achilles.

The reason Carter wasn't on the field? He wasn't medically cleared to play. He missed most of the abbreviated camp with injuries and was brought along slow as planned. JG said after the season Carter is right where he was expected to be.

We have 3 ILBs on our roster. Lee. Carter. Lemon. Lemon is not going to be mistaken for someone who should be seeing the field so we need another guy in rotation.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm warming up to DeCastro as well. It would free us up to axe Kosier and actually go forward with the youth movement on the line, not like last year when we had a half assed plan. We've got a nice mix of about 5 young guys in the interior who are going to be a year older and more experienced, I think I'd be okay with having open competition among them in TC for Center and the other Guard spot. Good OLines aren't created overnight, it takes finding the right mix and letting those guys grow together. Outside of Free, the rest of our guys are in their early-mid 20's... now is the time to develop a stable unit for the long haul. If that's Garrett's plan, then I'd be more open to DeCastro at 14.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys will change your mind on Brockers after his pro day on Mar 22.

Ratliff (and his short arms) at DE fulltime doesn't sound intriguing to me at all anymore. The way we use him now is fine.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I'm warming up to DeCastro as well. It would free us up to axe Kosier and actually go forward with the youth movement on the line, not like last year when we had a half assed plan. We've got a nice mix of about 5 young guys in the interior who are going to be a year older and more experienced, I think I'd be okay with having open competition among them in TC for Center and the other Guard spot. Good OLines aren't created overnight, it takes finding the right mix and letting those guys grow together. Outside of Free, the rest of our guys are in their early-mid 20's... now is the time to develop a stable unit for the long haul. If that's Garrett's plan, then I'd be more open to DeCastro at 14.
We don't need to axe Kosier. He's cheap... even as a backup he's worth having.

I'm baffled. We sign 1 CB and now our defense is fixed? LOLz.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Well my opinions are based on us closing deals with Connor to solidify our ILB rotation, a FS (Pool would be wonderful) and drafting a CB in the first three rounds.

If you asked me if our defense was "fixed" at that point it would be a hell of a start. I still think we need a pass rush capable 5-tech which I REALLY dislike Brockers for. If Cox for some reason is available at 14 I would not be disappointed at all with the selection.

Brockers COULD be great if he puts it all together but it's just as likely that he is Marcus Spears 2.0.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You guys will change your mind on Brockers after his pro day on Mar 22.

Ratliff (and his short arms) at DE fulltime doesn't sound intriguing to me at all anymore. The way we use him now is fine.
I see you using my information.

As for that Vickers video, love it. I liked Fiammetta but Vickers does look like an upgrade.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Connor might sign too, but obviously we still need help on D.

Even if we drafted DeCastro in Round 1 who's to say we can't go defense for our next 3-4 picks? Carr isn't going to fix the D by himself but he gives us a legit press man corner, which Rob really needs for his defense to work. I could have seen us definitely vying for the Corner at 14 if we couldn't land Carr, but we did and I would expect us to knock that position down a few pegs on the needs meter... sure we need some depth but you can find quality Rookie 4s and 5s throughout the middle rounds.

With that being said, I'd still be damn happy if Brockers was the pick. All I'm saying is we have more options now and we can still upgrade the D plenty if we decided to take DeCastro.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I see you using my information.

As for that Vickers video, love it. I liked Fiammetta but Vickers does look like an upgrade.
Vickers looks like he has some balls too haha, not too many backs would call out Ray Lewis in front of his teammates like that.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Thoughts on our #3 WR spot?

I like both Radway (as an outside guy) and Harris (slot) IF they can take a leap forward but will we target another veteran?

If we go the vet route I wonder if we'll take a look at Jerheme Urban. Dependable hands and quick. A bit long in the tooth though.

Other options look like Early Doucet or Devin Thomas (LOL).

Don't like Doucet in the slot unless we plan on kicking Miles into the slot in 3 receiver sets. Although I like him a lot more than the other two period.

Devin Thomas hasn't put it together yet (non-ST) and his route running is atrocious.

Thoughts?
Old 03-14-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Vickers is all man. He'll be a great piece to this offense. Houston is about to find out just how important he was. I can't believe they let him go. If Foster and Tate don't look as good... we'll know why.