Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the better QB all time?
Dan Marino 77 45.03%
Brett Favre 94 54.97%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Better QB? Marino or Favre

Who is the better QB, Favre or Marino.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre cuz he has the rings
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marino cause it's easier to spell.

Seriously though, how can you not add a poll?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at the position of quarterback there has been no one yet better than Dan Marino, however since you have to include Superbowls into a debate about QBs, Favre is probably better, however i still voted Marino.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Marino cause it's easier to spell.

huh? (10 characters)
Old 04-10-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Favre cuz he has the rings
you mean ring?

Anyways, who cares who is the better QB? We all know Favre is the bigger stud.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Dan Dan Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Marino is probably the best pure passer of all time and holds most of the major passing records (well, the ones that Peyton haven't broken). Favre was incredibly dominant during the 1990s, annihilated the consecutive starts record, owns the record for consecutive seasons with 20 touchdown passes, has the most 30 touchdown seasons, and is poised to tie and break many of Marino's records this year.

Favre also has a ring. One of the most important records that Favre is about to break, though, is the most wins as a starting quarterback record. He's one win behind John Elway.

Overall, my vote goes to Favre.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Nightmares Win 6-0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

marino is the superior passman...
Nightmares Win 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

both are great qb's but marino IMO is better

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Favre won a SB cant beat that.Both are HoF QBs but Favre is just a little bit better.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
why bother by tommorow night most of the Packer fans will have voted for Favre.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
why bother by tommorow night most of the Packer fans will have voted for Favre.

8-7 Marino is winning.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

for me its no question...marino, the guy owns records(or atleast had most of them dam peyton) i really dont think farvre deserves that touchdown record... marino has the most passing td's but i mean he is nowhere near the top of the career interceptions list...isnt farve near the top of both....better quarterback = marino better football player.... is an extremly close one...with the edge to farve

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

It's pretty damn close. Both are amoung the greatest passers to ever play the game. Favre probably has a slight edge because he did win a championship.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
for me its no question...marino, the guy owns records(or atleast had most of them dam peyton) i really dont think farvre deserves that touchdown record... marino has the most passing td's but i mean he is nowhere near the top of the career interceptions list...isnt farve near the top of both....better quarterback = marino better football player.... is an extremly close one...with the edge to farve
Favre has thrown 273 interceptions and Marino has thrown 252...Really not that great of a difference.

Marino averaged 15.75 interceptions a season to Favre's 19.3.

Marino's QB Rating: 86.38
Favre's QB Rating: 85.05

Very similar statistically.

Last edited by Moses : 04-10-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre > Marino > All Others
Old 04-10-2007, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Marino averaged 15.75 interceptions a season to Favre's 19.3.
This is a huge difference....

There is a reason Favre is going to set the all time INT record.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:17 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre is gonna break the TD record next year too.

This is just gonna be a big homer fest, and another reason to hate the Packer and Dolphin fans.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Favre can break Marino's TD record in a shorter time than Marino set it.

Dan Marino: 420 TD's
Brett Favre: 414 TD's

Marino: 240 Starts
Favre: 237(consecutive) Starts

6TD's in 2 Games, does anyone else but me think he can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
This is a huge difference....

There is a reason Favre is going to set the all time INT record.
Hmmm... he had no blocking in '05???????

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

It was a hard decision, but I went with Dan Marino.

True story: I once met Dan Marino in a bathroom. It was... weird. He was walking in while I was waiting for my brother (who was like 8 at the time) and I immediately darted out. He wasn't the nicest of guys...
Old 04-10-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
It was a hard decision, but I went with Dan Marino.

True story: I once met Dan Marino in a bathroom. It was... weird. He was walking in while I was waiting for my brother (who was like 8 at the time) and I immediately darted out. He wasn't the nicest of guys...
Then DEAR GOD whyd you vote for him?!?!?!?!?!? Most guys in the NFL are probably abit pissed all the time with people coming up to them and asking for an autograph

Old 04-10-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The story is not why I voted for him... and I was 15 and my brother was like 8, he didn't have to be rude. It's not like we followed him into the bathroom...
Old 04-10-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, I guess it's written in stone now, Favre will forever have the free pass of being a "QB who plays like a LB" and everyone will forget that the second half of his career has been marked by repeated mistakes that took the Packers out of any chance to be a consistent SB contender. Everyone will forget how he single-handedly threw away playoff games three or four years in a row when the Packers' window was still open, and after it was closed, how he lingered on, playing his selfish little retirement games, and making the Packers wait on him instead of moving forward on solid footing.

I know you all will tell me right now that I just hate him because I am a Lions fan and Bearsfan will be sure to insult the Lions and say they haven't had a QB in 40 years. Doesn't change the truth about Favre though.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post
Well, I guess it's written in stone now, Favre will forever have the free pass of being a "QB who plays like a LB" and everyone will forget that the second half of his career has been marked by repeated mistakes that took the Packers out of any chance to be a consistent SB contender. Everyone will forget how he single-handedly threw away playoff games three or four years in a row when the Packers' window was still open, and after it was closed, how he lingered on, playing his selfish little retirement games, and making the Packers wait on him instead of moving forward on solid footing.

I know you all will tell me right now that I just hate him because I am a Lions fan and Bearsfan will be sure to insult the Lions and say they haven't had a QB in 40 years. Doesn't change the truth about Favre though.
So your saying 4th and 26 was Favre's fault? Your saying the drafting of "great" players like RObert Ferguson, Jamal Reynolds, Terrance Murphy, Donnell Washington, and Ahmad Carroll is Favre's fault. Your saying that his 29 INTs in '05 was his fault, after he lost 2 probowl OG's?