Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-14-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I see you using my information.

As for that Vickers video, love it. I liked Fiammetta but Vickers does look like an upgrade.
Well not really your information, but the information you got from someone else, yes.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Thoughts on our #3 WR spot?

I like both Radway (as an outside guy) and Harris (slot) IF they can take a leap forward but will we target another veteran?

If we go the vet route I wonder if we'll take a look at Jerheme Urban. Dependable hands and quick. A bit long in the tooth though.

Other options look like Early Doucet or Devin Thomas (LOL).

Don't like Doucet in the slot unless we plan on kicking Miles into the slot in 3 receiver sets. Although I like him a lot more than the other two period.

Devin Thomas hasn't put it together yet (non-ST) and his route running is atrocious.

Thoughts?

There's always Patrick Crayton.... lol

But seriously, he's available.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-14-2012 at 06:56 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
There's always Patrick Crayton.... lol

But seriously, he's available.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see a little bit more from Harris and see him in the slot. I just feel he might not have the quickness needed to play slot.

I'd like to potentially address this need in the draft.

Our defense isn't fixed yet, but were making strides. Pool will be a nice addition. Once we get him, the draft we will need to spend some time on DL, LB's and more depth at secondary.

I'm not sold on Dann Connor. Even though he's a Nittany Lion and I'd love to Lion's manning our ILB position.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I'd like to see a little bit more from Harris and see him in the slot. I just feel he might not have the quickness needed to play slot.

I'd like to potentially address this need in the draft.

Our defense isn't fixed yet, but were making strides. Pool will be a nice addition. Once we get him, the draft we will need to spend some time on DL, LB's and more depth at secondary.

I'm not sold on Dann Connor. Even though he's a Nittany Lion and I'd love to Lion's manning our ILB position.
I'm ready to see what we got in Harris too. He looks plenty shifty on youtube... and he looked like he had wheels to go deep too in the preseason.

One year on the practice squad should make him prepared to go this year.

I'm all for avoiding the #3 WR in FA. ILB kinda stinks in FA too. I'm not high on Dan Connor. Will take him if it's affordable only. I wouldn't give him starters money or promise him the starters job. Pretty sure he's looking for both.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Ratliff (and his short arms) at DE fulltime doesn't sound intriguing to me at all anymore. The way we use him now is fine.

Thank you. I couldn't agree more

I also agree there is no reason to cut a cheap Kosier. The more competition at OL the better.

So the secondary is Jenkins, Pool, Sensebaugh and Carr. Seems very patched together, but better than last year.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL : 03-14-2012 at 07:22 PM.
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Thank you. I couldn't agree more
But we can still get the same effect that we wanted out of your typical NT if we have that kind of size at DE. A player who would be versatilte playing either position is ideal for us. That's another reason why I like Brockers. Those 322 pounds can be put to use.

I'm not high on Poe because he's not a natural football player. Many reports say he doesn't look anything close to a first rounder on tape. That's a major red flag... especially at a position that busts so much.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need a little more Carr hype in here

TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But we can still get the same effect that we wanted out of your typical NT if we have that kind of size at DE. A player who would be versatilte playing either position is ideal for us. That's another reason why I like Brockers. Those 322 pounds can be put to use.

I'm not high on Poe because he's not a natural football player. Many reports say he doesn't look anything close to a first rounder on tape. That's a major red flag... especially at a position that busts so much.
My new motto is "Just say NO to Poe". I'm not sold on him, he's your typical workout warrior. In no particular order, the players I'd take at 14.

DeCastro
Brockers
Cox
Ingram
Kuechly
Mercilus

Trade down players

Jenkins
Still
Konz
Glenn
Kirkpatrick
Branch
Hightower

Old 03-14-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Nice. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Wow, nice tackle by McNabb.

Carr seems to have pretty good hands.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I don't believe this has really been brought up, but I'd say I'm not a fan of our back-up tackle situation. We have what, Jeremy Parnell? I'd be all for a veteran swing tackle that would come in at the veterans minimum.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I don't believe this has really been brought up, but I'd say I'm not a fan of our back-up tackle situation. We have what, Jeremy Parnell? I'd be all for a veteran swing tackle that would come in at the veterans minimum.
He's a developmental guy, but I like him a lot. I'm comfortable knowing he's our first in line backup.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's a developmental guy, but I like him a lot. I'm comfortable knowing he's our first in line backup.
I guess the good thing about Free is that in a pinch we can move him back over to LT.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I guess the good thing about Free is that in a pinch we can move him back over to LT.
Yeah, I wouldn't put OT among our needs this year. *knock on wood*
Old 03-14-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Check on Schefter's lastest tweet.

Redskins penalized draft picks for circumventing cap on latest free agents. Could void RGIII trade

Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Check on Schefter's lastest tweet.

Redskins penalized draft picks for circumventing cap on latest free agents. Could void RGIII trade
Oh snap. Things about to get real.

This would be great news for us. Don't wanna see that guy in this division.

I just hope Jerry didn't do the same thing.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh snap. Things about to get real.

This would be great news for us. Don't wanna see that guy in this division.

I just hope Jerry didn't do the same thing.
oooops, may have been a fake Schefter twitter acct....my bad, false alarm

Old 03-14-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with D-Unit. Parnell is a nice developmental guy with all the tools. He had all of last year to develop and he'll have this off-season and training camp as well. He also played well in the pre-season. Plus Callahan is supposed to be this great OL coach, so that should help too.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oooops, may have been a fake Schefter twitter acct....my bad, false alarm
http://twitter.com/#!/adamschefter

;) The one and only. I enjoy Josh Ellis for 'Boys stuff too.

http://twitter.com/#!/dcstarjellis
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Nate Livings coming for a visit

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...-visit-cowboys

Old 03-14-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Josh Ellis' twitter the Bears are keeping Kellen Davis. Either have to look at other options or just use a mid round pick on a TE.

I like Joel Dreessen from the Texans. If he can be had for cheap i'm all for it.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hmmm... that's interesting. Would certainly mean Kosier is getting cut and end any DeCastro speculation. Turns 30 this off-season but he does provide size that we could use. We have signed pretty young guys thus far and OL can play well into their 30's, so I wouldn't hate it. I'd rather draft DeCastro though.

An interesting segment from that article said that we signed Bernedeau to "starters money." That is a bit fishy right there...
Old 03-14-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Incorrect. Hitler (Goodell) said that half the penalty must be taken this year. They are free to take more or even the entire penalty this year but he stated they must take at least half.

Horrible source but it's all around just the first hit on google.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tions-in-2012/

Back-loaded contracts or at least contracts with very minimal 2012 hit. With SJ working the numbers I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more low/mid level free agents along with our draft picks.

I mean look at Austin's contract. 17 million in year 1 and then super low hits the rest. The reverse can easily be done but normally requires more guaranteed money to protect the player from release.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Trogdor again.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Hmmm... that's interesting. Would certainly mean Kosier is getting cut and end any DeCastro speculation. Turns 30 this off-season but he does provide size that we could use. We have signed pretty young guys thus far and OL can play well into their 30's, so I wouldn't hate it. I'd rather draft DeCastro though.

An interesting segment from that article said that we signed Bernedeau to "starters money." That is a bit fishy right there...
Yeah that starters money comment kinda tells me that Big Mack is gonna get the job at RG. I'm excited about that!

Kosier ain't that good, so if we can upgrade him then I'm all for it. I haven't followed Livings' career at all though. I'll have some fun research tonight. :)