Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Rose is smashing the Heat.I know.

Apparently Jon Lucas didn't appreciate being dunked on.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the **** does JJ never play? :(

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Rose, no problem :)

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Broussard said that Nets and Magic are still talking and he thinks that by tomorrow Dwight will be a Net.

If I were otis smith I would accept nothing less of Lopez, Humphries, Brooks, picks and get rid of turk.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Chris Broussard said that Nets and Magic are still talking and he thinks that by tomorrow Dwight will be a Net.

If I were otis smith I would accept nothing less of Lopez, Humphries, Brooks, picks and get rid of turk.
Screw Humphries, but he has good value because of the expiring contract and added value as a player right now. He's playing well. I'd love it if we could flip him, or just find some way to get a 3rd team involved. Find us a young small forward to go along with Brooks and Lopez.

Lopez, Brooks, and those two firsts are a given. But, it's not enough.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Screw Humphries, but he has good value because of the expiring contract and added value as a player right now. He's playing well. I'd love it if we could flip him, or just find some way to get a 3rd team involved. Find us a young small forward to go along with Brooks and Lopez.

Wow, if we get Lopez, Brooks, those two firsts AND something else, I will be more than pleased to say the least. I LOVE Dwight, but that's a friggin haul!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
When I said rebuild I mean true rebuild... ala Thunder. Build through the draft. Your not going to get anywheres by being mediocre with bad contracts. Get Lopez, Brooks, a pick or two (I dont think they have any, but Im sure they could get one or two) Humphries and Okur and get rid of Jameer and Hedo.

Then turn around and flip Humprhies for another first and maybe two smaller contracts.

If you can turn Dwight into not having Hedo and Jameer, 3 1sts, and 2 potential decent players, I would do it
Quote:

I said the same thing yesterday.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

I don't think Otis can choose who he wants. The Nets know Dwight is coming this summer.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Wow, if we get Lopez, Brooks, those two firsts AND something else, I will be more than pleased to say the least. I LOVE Dwight, but that's a friggin haul!
mehhh....he's worth more, even at this point in the market. And the picks will be nothing too special. Brooks is cool, and at least Lopez can score...but he still cant rebound for ****.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-14-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
mehhh....he's worth more, even at this point in the market. And the picks will be nothing too special. Brooks is cool, and at least Lopez can score...but he still cant rebound for ****.
But it offers you a true rebuild, no halfway bullcrap. Get rid of those two contracts of Hedo and Jameer, amnesty the next worst one (Big Baby?) and your looking at a summer with a lot of money and picks.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Actually, funny scenario:

Trade Dwight, Hedo,Jameer for Okur, Humphries,Brook,Marshawn, and 2 1sts.

Let everyone expirer, amnesty next worst contract, sign Deron and Dwight in the offseason.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Jameer isnt going anywhere. Turk will probably be involved. But still...when I look around the league, Lopez isnt really the guy I want to start a rebuild with. One of those picks will be a lottery pick, the other one wouldnt be. I wouldnt call it a haul, unless you flipped Humphries for something kind of substanstial.

What are we? We're the Nets...the future core players would consist of Brooks, Anderson, and Lopez. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-14-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shoulda just took Bynum when we offered it months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Actually, funny scenario:

Trade Dwight, Hedo,Jameer for Okur, Humphries,Brook,Marshawn, and 2 1sts.

Let everyone expirer, amnesty next worst contract, sign Deron and Dwight in the offseason.
you realize if Dwight gets traded to the Nets, he and Deron are both signing extensions, right?

Also, I dont wanna give up MarShon :( me likey MarShon.

but me likey dwight even more
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know man. One of those picks could potentially be the #1 pick (Anthony Davis), then we would have two more picks just outside the lottery. Say we grab two big men like Davis and Fab Melo, then a point guard with our pick like Kendall Marshall from UNC. That would be a very nice return along with getting a young starting SG like Marshon Brooks and Brook Lopez is a solid starter to replace Dwight in the middle

A starting lineup next year like this wouldn't be too bad:

C: Brook Lopez
PF: Anthony Davis
SF: Ryan Anderson
SG: MarShon Brooks
PG: Jameer Nelson

The top backups would be Fab Melo, Chris Duhon, J.J. and Q-Rich :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whatre the chances of the nets still suck after the trade and they both opt out of their contract lolz

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing I am curious to see if Dwight goes to the Nets at the deadline is who the hell else is going to be left on that team other then Dwight and Deron?
Old 03-15-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Jersey would be dumb to offer anything special to Orlando. Everyone knows he wants to go to the Nets, so what's the point in making the team worse?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, today...

Greg Monroe: 32 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 15-20 shooting
DeMarcus Cousins: 14 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 5-15 shooting

Just saying.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So, today...

Greg Monroe: 32 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 15-20 shooting
DeMarcus Cousins: 14 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 5-15 shooting

Just saying.
I'll still take Cousins any day over Monroe(and I honestly really like him). The Kings have been flat since beating the Mavs, and all the players aren't playing near the level they had been.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I'll still take Cousins any day over Monroe(and I honestly really like him). The Kings have been flat since beating the Mavs, and all the players aren't playing near the level they had been.
Go ahead. I'll take the team oriented, efficient, and Chris Webber lite one any day of the week.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...hange-of-heart

Dwight Howard has confirmed that he will opt-in for the 12-13 season in an exclusive interview with RealGM's Jarrod Rudolph.Howard will formally sign the paperwork in the morning on Thursday.

"My soul, everything I have is in Orlando. I just can't leave it behind."

"I have gotten some bad advice," said Howard. "I apologize for this circus I have caused to the fans of our city. They didn't deserve none of this."

Source close to Dwight Howard says the center plans to sign ETO waiver on Thursday morning. It also sounds like Howard may fire Dan Fegan.

As we learned this afternoon, nothing is official until Dwight Howard signs the paperwork.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:57 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

makes 80+ mil more over his next two contracts if picks up his option

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* a dwight, make up your god damn mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Nets. Kiss Deron goodbye.