Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With his contract I'm surprised they didn't trade him for something.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
With his contract I'm surprised they didn't trade him for something.
I don't know much about the contract, but sometimes contracts cost more to trade than outright release. Either way the Texans won't last long as a playoff team if they keep this up
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I don't know much about the contract, but sometimes contracts cost more to trade than outright release. Either way the Texans won't last long as a playoff team if they keep this up
Yeah, the success of the running game has more to do with the line then with the back.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Awesome news.
That cracked me up for some reason.

Anyway, Winston will be in KC tomorrow. Get to work Scott!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Good, Flacco could use more protection for throwing those 40 yard bombs to his slow, aging receiving core.
Boldin is the only WR or TE on our roster who has played more than two seasons in the league.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trade is the same as release from a cap POV.

The reason the Texans didn't trade him is because the trade window only opened at the official start of the 2012/13 season, i.e. free agency. Actually I'm not sure both are exactly the same time but either way they needed to get under the cap and had no choice.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
That cracked me up for some reason.

Anyway, Winston will be in KC tomorrow. Get to work Scott!
I think KC has a really good shot at him. KC is an easier sell to Winston than Baltimore, St. Louis, and probably Miami as well considering how much change and uncertainty is going on with that team.

Miami is seriously selling players on the weather and lack of taxes...they've got nothing else going for them right now. They don't have a QB, they've got a first-year head coach, they're restructuring their defense, they just traded their #1 WR, and they play in the same division with the Patriots & Jets. The only players going there this off-season aren't players who have winning as their #1 priority.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
John McClain says they aren't a player. I guess we will see.

"Come out to the Lone Star state, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
"Come out to the Lone Star state, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."
the lone star state is Texas...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
the lone star state is Texas...
And where do the Texans play?

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
And where do the Texans play?
Ahahahahaha.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Trade is the same as release from a cap POV.

The reason the Texans didn't trade him is because the trade window only opened at the official start of the 2012/13 season, i.e. free agency. Actually I'm not sure both are exactly the same time but either way they needed to get under the cap and had no choice.
Sometimes I've heard their are clauses in contracts that differ being cut or traded. I believe Kerry Rhodes was a circumstance a few years ago that it was cheaper to trade him than cut him for some reason.

Again, I don't claim to know much about contracts but I believe their is some way they can differ.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop posting in this thread people... Every time there is a new post I think he has signed somewhere that isn't KC.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Stop posting in this thread people... Every time there is a new post I think he has signed somewhere that isn't KC.
He's coming to Detroit!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did I just say!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
He's coming to Detroit!
You do NOT defy Splat!

crap. sorry.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Winstons best in a zone blocking scheme, I think he'd be very poor in the Ravens power ruunning game
Old 03-14-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Winstons best in a zone blocking scheme, I think he'd be very poor in the Ravens power ruunning game
Good thing we now have this smiley for occasions like this...

The Ravens are almost exclusively a zone run team.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
He's coming to Detroit!
http://blogs.detroitlions.com/2012/0...ng-to-sources/

He just might...Ravens beat writer says he has a visit to Detroit planned.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

He is visiting Detroit as well as Baltimore, St.Louis, KC and Miami.

"I want to win right now," Winston said. "That's what's important to me. That's the kind of team I'm looking for."

That's good to hear. Plus he's a Cane. You can't go from a Cane filled team in the Texans and to a team with just one or no Canes at all.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Good thing we now have this smiley for occasions like this...

The Ravens are almost exclusively a zone run team.
Who needs that smiley when you can have a gif?

Quote:
Old 03-15-2012, 06:28 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans might be losing Mike Brisiel and Joel Dreesen as well. Granted they are not big time names but they were both important pieces of that offense. Not sure what the Texans are doing
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Fico
Rookie

Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
The Texans might be losing Mike Brisiel and Joel Dreesen as well. Granted they are not big time names but they were both important pieces of that offense. Not sure what the Texans are doing
They are waiting on Myers and Mario. Once either one of those two make a decision then there will be some positive movement from the Texans.
Fico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I know the ravens are zone, but there is a difference between the zone they run and the zone the broncos ran under shanahan and what kubiak runs.

I think he'd be very poor for the Ravens run game
Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fico View Post
They are waiting on Myers and Mario. Once either one of those two make a decision then there will be some positive movement from the Texans.
Correction, they have no money. Last number i've seen is 650k