Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-14-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can dig Fanene. He's got the size the Patriots like at 6'4", 292, and has been an effective rotational pass rusher in 2009 and 2011 (injured in 2010.) I'm assuming he's set for the Mike Wright role, although he could also steal some of the snaps that went to Deaderick/Ellis last year. Versatile, reasonable contract (a little bit overpaid), adds depth to the front seven and a pass-rush option. It's worth noting that Mike Zimmer was really high on him after the 2009 season, although on Pro Football Focus he had a terrible grade for that season. Certainly hope he's not the top free agent we sign, though.

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 03-14-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, teams aren't signing LaRon Landry for a new safety, they're signing him for a new distributor. Any strength coach would love for their players to be hanging out with LaRon.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:51 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally think Fanene may be looked at as a rotational LDE. His strength is stopping the run and our DL is terrible at that on the edge. Deaderick is miserable.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/...isit-patriots/

Now this is a potential move we can all get excited about. /sarcasm
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England Patriots are bringing in Anthony Gonzalez....

It is looking more and more that they are looking for versatile role veterans and get the core players in the draft...

I say this in hopes that maybe they trade up
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaRon Landry (The superhero, not the football player) is visiting NE tomorrow night
Old 03-15-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
LaRon Landry (The superhero, not the football player) is visiting NE tomorrow night
Would he fit in one of our jerseys?
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol @ gonz.

BB loves bringing in the washed up WRs . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"An injury prone wr. Gee thank BB" - Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

Pats brought in Danny Amendola yesterday
Old 03-15-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What is this? I'm going to cry when our big offseason WR addition is another 5'10" 180lb white guy who won't play at all.

Hell bring in Donnie Avery or Lee Evans if you want to take a chance on a guy. At least get someone with some speed.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dumbest. Move. Ever. Can BB just retire please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id take Edelman over Gonzalez anyday

Landry reminds me of Bob Sanders way too much... Just a muscle bound beast thats body is deteriorating because of his freakish body

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amendola was in Boston because one of his relatives died. So we aren't signing him I guess. Pheew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Amendola was in Boston because one of his relatives died. So we aren't signing him I guess. Pheew.
Bwhaha I know this is not what you meant but....

"Thank God he was just here because someone died and the Pats weren't trying to sign him".

Too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind gambling and signing Amendola/trading Welker for a 1st or higher 2nd. More cap space, younger player, using that created cap space to sign Wallace and still have a 1st and 2 2s. lol
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 03-15-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
I wouldn't mind gambling and signing Amendola/trading Welker for a 1st or higher 2nd. More cap space, younger player, using that created cap space to sign Wallace and still have a 1st and 2 2s. lol
I highly doubt Welker would carry that kind of value in a trade. If we were to flip him and look for a cheaper option I'd rather target a guy like Broyles in the draft and lean on Edelman in the short term.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
Id take Edelman over Gonzalez anyday

Landry reminds me of Bob Sanders way too much... Just a muscle bound beast thats body is deteriorating because of his freakish body
I would take Edelman over Amendola as well.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I highly doubt Welker would carry that kind of value in a trade. If we were to flip him and look for a cheaper option I'd rather target a guy like Broyles in the draft and lean on Edelman in the short term.
Only takes 1 team to offer something nice. He was arguable the most productive WR inthe NFL the last 2 years. That's worth somethin.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 03-15-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

As for Amendola. I've watched him alot (my brother is a hardcore rams fan) and he can play, he's certainly better than Edelman at this point and has a lot of upside.

I'm not 100% behind the signing if it were to happen but I wouldn't be dead against it depending on the ensuing steps.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 03-15-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
As for Amendola. I've watched him alot (my brother is a hardcore rams fan) and he can play, he's certainly better than Edelman at this point and has a lot of upside.

I'm not 100% behind the signing if it were to happen but I wouldn't be dead against it depending on the ensuing steps.
Amendola is a RFA and would cost a 2nd round pick to sign. If he signed even as a replacement for WW I'd be absolutely furious.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Amendola is a RFA and would cost a 2nd round pick to sign. If he signed even as a replacement for WW I'd be absolutely furious.
It'd be pick 63, which is probably better than we'd get drafting a WR there.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 03-15-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather stick with Edelman. The difference, if any, between the two of them isn't worth a 2nd round pick. It would be an insanely idiotic trade.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It'd be pick 63, which is probably better than we'd get drafting a WR there.
Likely Broyles, McNutt, Adams, Randle, and Sanu will still be there. I'd take my chances with any of them over Amendola who would cost the pick and a larger contract. Plus, the Pats could go out and sign a guy like Smith for a low cost too. Signing Amendola would be a terrible decision.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Oh neat the Patriots signed Steve Gregory safety from the Chargers.