Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Damn it to hell not having internet, i've missed so much. I'm glad the Wizards rid themselves of two retards. I really hope someone out there makes a gif of all the dumb plays the Wizards have made this season.
Behold, the great Javale McGee

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did the Nuggets even do this trade? A center they just gave a massive deal for a jackass who will be a FA this off season. I question why they did this. I love getting McGee and Young out of here but his contract really makes me nervous
Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol you answered your own question. they gave a ******** of money to a guy who has reconstructed knees.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea so we are going to look ******** giving out money to a guy who never plays. It probably would have been a better idea to let McGee walk and just save that cap space.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

8 for 9 shooting and 20 points for John Wall today. Someone is happy 2 of the 3 knuckleheads are out of here. I cant wait to see him play when he doesnt have to see Blatches face every day.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Why did the Nuggets even do this trade? A center they just gave a massive deal for a jackass who will be a FA this off season. I question why they did this. I love getting McGee and Young out of here but his contract really makes me nervous
The Nuggets had buyers (payers?) remorse after signing Nene largely due to the emergence of Mozgov and Faried.

His deal is not so bad when you think about it like this. After we amnesty Blatche and/or buy out Rashard, we need to meet at least 75% of the salary cap to reach the cap floor. Nene will give us a legit #2 option, while helping us to meet the cap so that we do not have to overpay a FA who won't be of Nene's caliber.

Javale is going to make AT LEAST what Deandre Jordan is making right now and has even been as bold as to say he's going to command 14 mil a year on the open market. Now of course he won't get 14 a mil, but he will get something more than he's worth. Say he even got 10 a year, would you rather pay a player of Nene's caliber 13 mil a year or pay 10 a year to Javale and hope his brain doubles in size?

This also helps us from a draft perspective because now we are not pigeonholed into a position. Added flexibility to take the BPA, whether it's Davis/Drummond/Barnes/Lamb/Robinson/Beal. they would all fit nicely.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The three guys I'm definitely targeting are #1 Davis, #2 Lamb, #3 Robinson.

I really am hoping for Lamb, Crawford has no business being anything other than an off bench scoring option. Also I think Nene and Booker will be a tough duo. Obviously if we get #1 Davis is no brainer pick, but honestly even if we had #2 I would consider Lamb over Robinson or Drummond, and especially Sullinger.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i actually like it all for all sides. Nene will be great for Wall and bring in some sort of a winning culture and attitude and the wizards can do literally anything in the draft this way pretty much. Wall-Crawford-Nene isn't too shabby to work with.

in all seriousness ccb, what's the deal with N'Diaye? I thought the wizards coaches liked him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love how the Hornets make ZERO deals before the deadline. SMDH

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Love how the Hornets make ZERO deals before the deadline. SMDH
We haven't made a deal in 3 years, quit yer cryin' boy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's because no one wants the trash that's currently on the Hornets roster. They have TWO assets; Eric Gordon (who they aren't trading) and Chris Kaman, who they're keeping in order to free up money. Everyone else is garbage.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's because no one wants the trash that's currently on the Hornets roster. They have TWO assets; Eric Gordon (who they aren't trading) and Chris Kaman, who they're keeping in order to free up money. Everyone else is garbage.
Actually, they were offering Kaman for a second rounder and no one would bite. Jarrett Jack would be very useful for someone, but I doubt they'd trade him since he's basically their only useful player at this point. And Eric Gordon won't be with the Hornets next year anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While that is true, they could have at least attempted to trade Ariza to a contender for a trade exemption or got a pick out of Kaman. Hell, Aminu could net something. He's a raw project but still not trash.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Isn't Gordon a RFA next season?

Who Dat Nation!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pardon me while I rosterbate a little:

Wall - Gordon - Singleton - Anthony Davis - Nene

with Mack - Crawford - Vesely - Booker - Seraphin off the bench

You got your distributor, shooter/scorer, perimeter defender, and a nice defensive savant to play in the paint with Nene, with a solid bench. Definitely a playoff team in the east.

/back to real life
Old 03-15-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah I hope we throw as much as we can to Gordon I just think Hornets will match whatever. But Wall/Lamb/singleton/booker/nene is a start. I could see Ernie doing something stupid like trading back for Perry Jones.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Actually, they were offering Kaman for a second rounder and no one would bite. Jarrett Jack would be very useful for someone, but I doubt they'd trade him since he's basically their only useful player at this point. And Eric Gordon won't be with the Hornets next year anyway.
Which would explain how stupidly they are run. Besides, they couldn't have just traded him for a pick unless the other team was under the cap for all of his salary, which i doubt anyone is.

They're better off keeping him and let him expire. If they moved him and Ariza, they'd have a hard time reaching the cap floor.

And yes, saints, Gordon is a RFA, but he's declined an extension from NO. They can either move him for ten cents on the dollar or just have him for another year before he signs with Indiana in FA.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Yeah I hope we throw as much as we can to Gordon I just think Hornets will match whatever. But Wall/Lamb/singleton/booker/nene is a start. I could see Ernie doing something stupid like trading back for Perry Jones.
Indiana will give him a market competitive offer and he'll sign there, or just sign his rfa tender with NO and wait another off-season to be a FA. He's declined extensions already, he isn't gonna re-sign with NO.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Which would explain how stupidly they are run. Besides, they couldn't have just traded him for a pick unless the other team was under the cap for all of his salary, which i doubt anyone is.

They're better off keeping him and let him expire. If they moved him and Ariza, they'd have a hard time reaching the cap floor.

And yes, saints, Gordon is a RFA, but he's declined an extension from NO. They can either move him for ten cents on the dollar or just have him for another year before he signs with Indiana in FA.
Pretty sure the Hornets match any offer he gets, no matter how high it is. Or is that not how it works?

Who Dat Nation!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Pretty sure the Hornets match any offer he gets, no matter how high it is. Or is that not how it works?
He can choose to sign the restricted free agent tender the Hornets will offer and become a FA next year.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to act like it's a slam dunk trade for the Wizards. Nene does worry me with his contract and injury history. Mcgee is a better rebounder and shot blocker you have to give him that, but at least Nene is light years ahead in post offense and basketball IQ and won't get pushed out of the lane like Javale who gets pushed around by just about everyone, TJ Ford could probably push him out of the lane. There's no doubt though that he was valuable in that he can block shots, rebound, and Wall could throw it anywhere in the vicinity of the basket and he would throw it down. It's too bad he has the brain of a 3 year old. I will also miss Nick Young, the only Wizard who could consistently create offense. Crawford is a really bad shooter. It is a win move though to move young because his defense is horrid and he does nothing even decent aside from scoring. I think he will be an asset to the Clippers though. I just pray Nene stays healthy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did I say Dwight Howard is staying in Orlando??? Woot! Woot!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Dwight Howard stayed with the Magic cause he has no spine. What a dumb move on his part, honestly. There was no reason to sign the waiver for his early termination option.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight might be the biggest flake in the history of sports.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dwight Howard stayed with the Magic cause he has no spine. What a dumb move on his part, honestly. There was no reason to sign the waiver for his early termination option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Dwight might be the biggest flake in the history of sports.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote