Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol it's no big deal to me, he isn't on my team and wasn't going to my team, but it's gonna be hilarious when three months from now he wants out again and he realizes he screwed himself out of the opportunity to be a free agent.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Dwight, awesome player, fun to watch, etc

But the dude is a total flake

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccB View Post
Pardon me while I rosterbate a little:

Wall - Gordon - Singleton - Anthony Davis - Nene

with Mack - Crawford - Vesely - Booker - Seraphin off the bench

You got your distributor, shooter/scorer, perimeter defender, and a nice defensive savant to play in the paint with Nene, with a solid bench. Definitely a playoff team in the east.

/back to real life
With the guys you have I hope they run a up tempo team. It would be sick to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Which would explain how stupidly they are run. Besides, they couldn't have just traded him for a pick unless the other team was under the cap for all of his salary, which i doubt anyone is.

They're better off keeping him and let him expire. If they moved him and Ariza, they'd have a hard time reaching the cap floor.

And yes, saints, Gordon is a RFA, but he's declined an extension from NO. They can either move him for ten cents on the dollar or just have him for another year before he signs with Indiana in FA.
Indiana was before the Barbosa trade. But from what was said the Hornets wanted a first this year for Kaman, which no one wanted to do because the class is so deep.

Quote:
Lol it's no big deal to me, he isn't on my team and wasn't going to my team, but it's gonna be hilarious when three months from now he wants out again and he realizes he screwed himself out of the opportunity to be a free agent.
Is there any Magic players expiring at the end of this year? I think Jameers is next year as well.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight is a flake for staying with his team but LeBron is a coward for going to Miami?

Dwight's showing loyalty after carefully thinking about the situation and still pouring his heart out on the court every single night. The media made the big deal about it. Sure, he considered leaving, but ultimately he made the very admirable decision to stay with the team that drafted him for at least two more years, even when that organization whiffed year after year to get guys around him.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He stayed with the team because he was guilted into staying. He saw what happened to Lebron and he didn't want that for him, even with the huge success the Heat have had so far. He's a flake for caving into public opinion instead of doing what he really wanted all along, and that's to go elsewhere.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dwight flip flopped so much I thought he was a politician. It's funny though. He brought it upon himself, so I don't care for this pity party he wants thrown for him. Demanding trade? Saying you're gonna leave? and then signing on for one more year? What about an extension if you're that committed Dwighty boy? It was a dumb decision as that team's got nothing around him, and that's not a biased Nets fan, that's him being stuck with a the 2nd fiddles being Turkey glue, J-Rich, Jameer and Ryan Anderson, a free agent to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

And this is to counter-attack the people that are claiming he wanted to go from a 28-16 (or whatever their record is) team to a losing record team.

The ONLY reason they have a decent record is because of Dwight, and that's it. Take him away from the equation and you have the same level of talent the Cavs had when Lebron left. Whatever team gets him automatically becomes a winner (for the exception of Charlotte and the Wizards).

I'm not gonna have any compassion when he's crying to be traded again and he has zero leverage.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even the Wiz would be a winner with Dwight....Wall and Nene are better than any players the Magic have.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you guys didn't criticize LeBron when he chose Miami.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually was going to like the Heat because they drafted Jarvis Varnado (I wish he would play in the NBA) but once the LeBron and Bosh thing came I decided it wouldve been like a bandwagon. Then lo and behold Varnado went overseas.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think Dwight doesn't know that he's surrounded by a poor cast? Of course he knows that. The fact that he still chose to stay is even more admirable. The dude marches to his own beat. He doesn't even have a tattoo...that's the kind of character he is. He's not a follower. Criticizing him for being loyal and sticking with the challenge rather than trying to join a place that already is set up with stars is looked down upon?

Oh my, the hating is atrocious.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I hope you guys didn't criticize LeBron when he chose Miami.
Apples and oranges. People criticized him for the way he went about it (The Decision), not that he left to a contending team. I've always sided with players that want to be traded out of perennial losers.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, you can't have it both ways and rip Lebron for joining up with Wade and also rip Dwight for trying to win on his own. Dwight deserves some blame for taking so long to make up his damn mind and putting his teammates through all of this though.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The dude marches to his own beat. He doesn't even have a tattoo.
This is just great.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Apples and oranges. People criticized him for the way he went about it (The Decision), not that he left to a contending team. I've always sided with players that want to be traded out of perennial losers.
Maybe you criticized him only for that reason, but there were plenty of people who also criticized him for joining a team with 2 all stars on it already and taking the easy way out.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suns beat the Clippers without Nash or Hill

a game below .500 and 2 1/2 back of the 7 seed :/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Maybe you criticized him only for that reason, but there were plenty of people who also criticized him for joining a team with 2 all stars on it already and taking the easy way out.
I was speaking for myself only, probably should have worded that better, but it was mostly cleveland fans that were pissed that he left and took the easy way out. He got a media **** storm for the horrible way The Decision was handled, as he should have.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kudos to being loyal... Just don't call for a trade for the whole year and flip flop like he did. He wants pity for his whole situation while he brought it upon himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Suns beat the Clippers without Nash or Hill

a game below .500 and 2 1/2 back of the 7 seed :/
You guys can thank Brian Cook for that win because if he was suited up they clearly would of blew you guys out.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:06 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I don't care about your thoughts on the 'way he went about it' which is laughable to hate on because it's considered the worst thing he's ever done and it was a ******* CHARITY EVENT.

But if you didn't criticize LeBron for leaving Cleveland then fine. You think players should go wherever they have the best chance to win/you think they should do whatever THEY want because it's THEIR right. I also agree with this but I understand the perspective that he was disloyal for leaving.

In that respect, I admire what Dwight did here.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:10 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is it a requirement for Bucks players to have not gone to college? They have to lead the league in that aspect.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:12 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is just great.
Preach it baby.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:12 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Kudos to being loyal... Just don't call for a trade for the whole year and flip flop like he did. He wants pity for his whole situation while he brought it upon himself.
If you were receiving pressure from all sides, plus the media bringing it up EVERY DAY, and it was the biggest decision of your life, AND you have to make it DURING THE SEASON with no definitive timetable, wouldn't you weigh your options?

The media took you on the ride, not Dwight Howard.

He never publicly said "I'm leaving Orlando. It's been fun but I'm gone." It was all sources and ********. He was still deciding.

When making a HUGE life decision do you just make it right away and never weigh the options, especially with all the complexities involved, people, players, family, etc. ALL WHILE putting up 20-20 every night? No, you waver and search yourself and the situation until you make a choice. The difference here is that Dwight is under the microscope and the media is hounding him and those close to him for scoops EVERY ******* DAY. That's what took you for a ride. We don't see the decision-making process for anything like this.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:16 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Where there's smoke, there's fire. It's ridiculous to think that everything that had come out from respected sources was bogus. I'm sure that at some point in all of this he had fully decided he wanted to leave, and was talked off the ledge.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:19 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy changed his mind like 3 times just yesterday, thats why people are giving him ****. Just needed to make up his mind and stick to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote