Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Your Team's Offensive Line

Trying to help mock drafters here.

A team doesn't draft offensive lineman in the first and usually the second round to be a 6th or 7th man. They draft guys they think can start/to fill a need.

Same goes for MLB (x2 in 3-4), 4-3 OLB, TE (most cases), both starting S spots, and of course QB.

All teams will take pass rushers, CBs, WRs, and RBs regardless of perceived needs.

Because of this, it is important to understand where each team stands in terms of the offensive line, as free agency winds down. This will help a lot when fitting in OL in mock drafts.

I'll start:

SEAHAWKS
LT: Okung
LG: McQuistan/Jean-Pierre
C: Unger
RG: Moffitt/Carpenter
RT: Carpenter/Breno

They may look at DeCastro if he's there, but something tells me they are fine with this group and will just have these guys compete in TC for the starting spots. Especially after drafting two OL in the first three rounds last year.

And the backups that you don't recognize all performed pretty well, maybe even earning those spots, specifically Breno.

So MAYBE they add DeCastro, but I think this line is set right now - just don't know where exactly Carp, Moffit, etc. will fit in.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT: Michael Roos
LG: Leroy Harris
C: Eugene Amano
RG: (Steve Hutchinson)
RT: David Stewart

Roos and Stewart are top 5 at their position. Steve Hutchinson provides a veteran leadership and knowledge, and although he's declined slightly in play he is still a great player. Harris has played LG for the Titans in the past, but Hutch played that his whole career to my knowledge so I am not sure which will play where.

The Titans are trying to add a C in FA, whether it be Myers, Wells or Saturday is yet to be seen. I project Amano will likely be released if this is to happen, however the coaches really like him and he could be moved to G to compete with Harris (he played OG while Mawae was here)

Essentially, the Titans may look at DeCastro if he's available, and possibly Konz (depending on FA) but it's highly unlikely. Munch was a great O-Line coach and Bruce is heading that way, I think they will look to develop mid to late round talent. I think they will really like Amini Solatilu (sp?) but I don't know if they'll select OL that early. I think Michael Brewster is a possibility.

Right now, it's a little early in free agency to truly determine, but I don't see the Titans taking O-Line before Round 3.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT- Bushrod / Brown
LG- Grubbs / Tennant
C- de le Puente / Tennant
RG- Evans / Tennant
RT- Streif / Brown (I dont know if we still have McQuinstan)

We would be ******** to draft a lineman anywhere in the first 4 rounds when we have 1 DT, no pass rush, and no starting caliber OLBs.

Thats all.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
LT: Michael Roos
LG: Leroy Harris
C: Eugene Amano
RG: (Steve Hutchinson)
RT: David Stewart

Roos and Stewart are top 5 at their position. Steve Hutchinson provides a veteran leadership and knowledge, and although he's declined slightly in play he is still a great player. Harris has played LG for the Titans in the past, but Hutch played that his whole career to my knowledge so I am not sure which will play where.
The Titans are trying to add a C in FA, whether it be Myers, Wells or Saturday is yet to be seen. I project Amano will likely be released if this is to happen, however the coaches really like him and he could be moved to G to compete with Harris (he played OG while Mawae was here)

Essentially, the Titans may look at DeCastro if he's available, and possibly Konz (depending on FA) but it's highly unlikely. Munch was a great O-Line coach and Bruce is heading that way, I think they will look to develop mid to late round talent. I think they will really like Amini Solatilu (sp?) but I don't know if they'll select OL that early. I think Michael Brewster is a possibility.

Right now, it's a little early in free agency to truly determine, but I don't see the Titans taking O-Line before Round 3.
Hutch always played LG.... Him and Walter Jones was one of the best sides of a OL ever.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Hutch always played LG.... Him and Walter Jones was one of the best sides of a OL ever.
I know, I was saying that Harris plays LG and I project him moving to RG since Hutch was LG his career or at least I thought so thanks for confirming
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JETS:
LT: Ferguson
LG: Slauson/Turner
C: Mangold
RG: Moore
RT: Hunter/Ducasse

Ferguson had a down year IMO altogether in 2011 but for the most part he has been steady as a rock. No need to worry about him long term. Slauson is pretty underrated, especially in opening gaps for Greene/LT but he is out right now with an injury he was nursing for much of 2011. Turner is pretty good depth relief but he got IR'd thanks to JJ Watt falling on his knee in preseason.

Mangold is of course Mangold so no need to even mention him. Moore is getting up their in age but he is more than solid and is one of the more underrated guards in the league.

Wayne Hunter is absolute garbage which is a shame as when he came in for Woody in 2010, Hunter held his own during the Jets playoff run. Don't know what went wrong in 2011 but he was abysmal in pass protection, he was one of the big reasons Sanchez was getting killed on a weekly basis and was playing shocked. Ducasse I have no idea what he is going to be, he has been useless in 2010 and 2011 and has been a detriment more than anything. This is a make or break year for him IMO, if he stinks, he will be cut. He has been used as a TE at times for mainly helping Hunter on goal line stances.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Chiefs:

LT: Branden Albert
LG: Ryan Lilja
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Jon Asamoah
RT: <>

Barry Richardson is a free agent and was one of the worst OTs in the NFL last year. The Chiefs are trying to work out a deal with Eric Winston right now, and he'd slide right in to RT and hold that spot down.

If DeCastro is there at 11, he'd be a very intriguing pick for the Chiefs. We'd have one of the youngest and most talented lines in the NFL. Lilja would be the one to be replaced, as Asamoah constantly graded out as our best offensive lineman last year in only his second season.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT: Donald Penn
LG: Carl Nicks
C: Jeremy Zuttah
RG: Davin Joseph
RT: Jeremy Trueblood

Penn, Joesph and Nicks are awesome players at there position and on big money deals. Zuttah just got signed to a four year deal to replace JeffFaine at C. Trueblood is in the final year of his contract and will hopefully be replaced next season.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN CADDY? So you could see them taking a RT at 35 or whatever in the 2012 draft? Or are you saying he'll start then they'll re-evaluate after this upcoming year?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of now without finishing FA for the Bengals.

LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: <>
C: Kyle Cook
RG: Clint Boling(For Now)
RT: Andre Smith

The Bengals have 1 Guard under contract right now. I know they have looked at DeCastro, Glenn, and Kevin Zeitler as far highly regarded guards go in the draft. The Bengals could also use a backup OT if Anthony Collins leaves in FA.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 03-16-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN CADDY? So you could see them taking a RT at 35 or whatever in the 2012 draft? Or are you saying he'll start then they'll re-evaluate after this upcoming year?
I have no doubt he heads into the season and probably starts all year. Schiano wants to run the ball and Trueblood is pretty nasty in the run game. He is definitely a mauler.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
As of now without finishing FA for the Bengals.

LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: <>
C: Kyle Cook
RG: Clint Boling(For Now)
RT: Andre Smith

The Bengals have 1 Guard under contract right now. I know they have looked at DeCastro, Glenn, and Kevin Zeitler as far highly regarded guards go in the draft.
So what are the odds Boling enters the year as a starter? Are they looking for TWO starting guards?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
So what are the odds Boling enters the year as a starter? Are they looking for TWO starting guards?
I would not be surprized if they did. I could see them taking a LG and maybe and RG to come in a compete for the starting RG postion with Boling.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:26 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland Raiders

New ZBS being brought in, only returning starters under contract are LT Jared Veldheer and C/LG Stefen Wisniewski. Both are good fits IMO and were dominant together on the left side at times last year, especially when DMC was healthy. Right now we have 3rd round pick Joeseph Barksdale who can play RT/OG potentially, but he isn't an ideal fit in the ZBS. F/A Samson Satele will hopefully be brought back, he is a very good fit and would allow us to keep Wiz at LG. Bruce Campbell is still a work in progress and has the chance to be cut with the new regime in Oakland, man would it be great if he turned out to be a stud though at RT for us. We have been rumored already to being talking to a few veteran ZBS olinemen, and will likely sign one soon. A developmental C/OG could be drafted in the 5th or 6th, other than that we have bigger needs(pass rusher, CB, FS, TE, LB then OL)

Projected 2012 Oline

LT Jared Veldheer
LG Stefen Wisniewski
C Samson Satele
RG F/A
RT Joeseph Barksdale/Bruce Campbell/ F/A

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:45 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders
LT - Veldheer
LG - Wisniewski (could/should move to center)
C - None under contract.
RG - None under contract.
RT - Barksdale, Bruce Campbell

Neither Barksdale nor Campbell has given any indication that they can contribute, let alone start.

It's been reported that the Raiders have no interest in bringing Satele back.

Going zone heavy should make the line easier to rebuild, but make no mistake. This O-line is getting a reboot. Jared Veldheer is the only guy all but assured to maintain his position. Wiz II will start, but where remains to be seen. The other 3/5 of the line is completely up in the air, and none of those 3 appear to be on the current roster.

Mark Brisiel of the Texans is supposed to be coming in to talk. He should secure one guard spot, durability issues not withstanding.

As of right now, there are only two viable offensive linemen on the roster. Two entrenched starters and nonexistent depth. Scary.

As bad as the defense was last year, it may well have to take a back seat to the retooling of the O-line. We can't leave our INT prone QB and brittle RB hung out to dry.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:39 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens

LT - Bryant McKinnie
LG - <>
C - <>
RG - Marshal Yanda
RT - Michael Oher, Jah Reid

Interior

We are almost an exclusively zone team so we need guys who can move and get to the second level. We just lost Ben Grubbs in FA and Matt Birk and Andre Gurode are also UFA's. There's a point where savy can no longer compensate for old age and I think Birk has reached that point. Gurode filled in at both LG and C this year and is still playing at a level where he can still be a solid starter for us. Marshal Yanda is arguably the best RG in football and one of the top all-around offensive lineman in the league. We signed him to a 5 year deal last off-season so that spots locked down. Former Buckeye Justin Boren on the practice roster but I think he only dressed like 2 games last year. Evan Mathis has been brought in as a potential signee and he would be a perfect fit at LG to replace Grubbs in our offense and probably quite a bit cheaper for the same caliber (or better depending on who you ask) player.

Tackles

Oher is a much better RT than LT but is still inconsistent at that spot. He's physical and athletic but with his inconsistencies in pass pro, he really doesn't look suited to play on the 'blindside'. Jah Reid has great length, looked very good in pre-season and is an excellent run blocker. He is/was raw as a pass protector and only really saw game action in overload sets but he has the tools of a quality potential starter. Unfortunately, like Oher he is a RT only. Bryant McKinnie was badly overrated for years so I had the lowest expectations for him. Although he still isn't very good, he knows how to use his size in pass pro and he did a better job as a pass protector than I expect albeit still quite mediocre. Though truth be told I trust his pass pro more than Oher's on the right side. The problem with McKinnie is because he's so slow, he's a major liability on the backside in the run game because he really struggles to get the cut off block on the backside. Our offensive tackle situation is a really tricky one. We have two young guys who were 1st and 3rd round picks but both are RT's only and a old, slow LT who needs to be replaced but is the only one competent enough in pass pro to keep his job. Eric Winston is in the conversation (though I think he may end up being too pricey) but would most logically make the move to LT. Problem is McKinnie has a 500k roster bonus that they'll have to pick up in a couple days or they'll have have another answer at LT - most likely the former. If we have the opportunity to get a quality young starting LT in either free agency or the draft, we need to take it.

Last edited by TACKLE : 03-16-2012 at 04:41 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:52 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles are

RT Herremans
RG Watkins/Vandervelde
C Kelce
LG ?/ M Gibson
LT Peters

As of right now there is a solid starting 4 but not much as of LG starting material and no depth at tackle. If Mathis signs elsewhere I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles go OG in the first 2 rounds. And I expect a T will be drafted in the first 5 rounds so they will be Active in the draft. I do think they will sign another tackle with experience or resign Dunlap.

Last edited by igglefanz : 03-16-2012 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Cant spell a backups name
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:13 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears:

Entire Line - Poop

Really:
LT - J'Marcus Webb
LG - Edwin Williams
C - Roberto Garza
RG - Chris Spencer
RT - Gabe Carimi - Lance Louis

God that's awful....I'm not even sure of what other backups we have now that Omiyele has been cut. I think Levi Horn was on our practice squad and he's a tackle.

The saving grace in it all is Cutler. Despite the line, we've gone 11-5 and 7-3 in the last two seasons when he's been healthy. And when he got hurt last year, it wasn't even the fault of the o-line.

I don't know if it's a direction we'll look in the first round since I think DE will provide a little better value and is a more gaping hole, but I don' think it would hurt to add depth/competition with some of our other picks.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:29 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT: Will Beatty/Diehl
LG: Kevin Boothe/Mitch Petrus
C: Davis Baas/Boothe
RG: Chris Snee/Mitch Petrus
RT: David Diehl/James Brewer

This is how I expect the opening day lineup to be.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
LT: Will Beatty/Diehl
LG: Kevin Boothe/Mitch Petrus
C: Davis Baas/Boothe
RG: Chris Snee/Mitch Petrus
RT: David Diehl/James Brewer

This is how I expect the opening day lineup to be.
Beatty was awful in what I saw of him last year.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Beatty was awful in what I saw of him last year.
Most of us don't really like him. We think he'd be better off at RT actually but that's probably not going to happen anytime soon. He's not physical enough for my liking.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Most of us don't really like him. We think he'd be better off at RT actually but that's probably not going to happen anytime soon. He's not physical enough for my liking.
If physicality is the problem then moving to RT won't help. Chris Williams was soft as hell and was awful at RT because of it.

Btw that's who I forgot from my list...Williams is still on the team.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If physicality is the problem then moving to RT won't help. Chris Williams was soft as hell and was awful at RT because of it.

Btw that's who I forgot from my list...Williams is still on the team.
Well this is true also. I'd rather have him on the bench.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots' 2012 opening day lineup should look like this:

LT: Nate Solder
LG: Logan Mankins
C: Dan Connolly
RG: Brian Waters
RT: Sebastian Vollmer

Marcus Cannon would be the swing backup behind Waters/Vollmer. Matt Light is projected to retire, and Dan Koppen to leave in FA. Either Konz or Zeitler could be first-round options.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT: Joe Thomas
LG: Jason Pinkston
C: Alex Mack
RG: Shawn Lauvao
RT: Oniel Cousins

If the season were to start today, this is how we look. Outside of Thomas and Mack, there's not a lot there to like. Pinkston showed promise as a rookie last year, so I'm not too worried about upgrading him. Lauvao hasn't really seemed to step up in his first two years and Cousins I fully expect to be a backup by the time the season starts or we will have problems.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote