Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/featur...age/index.html

Quote:
Young Adult Coverage

Under the Affordable Care Act, if your plan covers children, you can now add or keep your children on your health insurance policy until they turn 26 years old.

What This Means for You

Before the health care law, insurance companies could remove enrolled children usually at age 19, sometimes older for full-time students. Now, most health plans that cover children must make coverage available to children up to age 26. By allowing children to stay on a parent's plan, the law makes it easier and more affordable for young adults to get health insurance coverage.

Your children can join or remain on your plan even if they are:

* married
* not living with you
* attending school
* not financially dependent on you
* eligible to enroll in their employer’s plan
I ******* told you. The only thing you might be thinking of is this:

Quote:
There is one temporary exception: Until 2014, “grandfathered” group plans do not have to offer dependent coverage up to age 26 if a young adult is eligible for group coverage outside their parent’s plan.
Apparently, my parents work insurance isn't in that grandfathered group.

I may break other laws, but insurance fraud isn't one of them. I did my research before all of this.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bargaineering.com/article...age-rules.html
Quote:
Health Plans that cover Dependents: If your health care plan currently covers dependents, the rules takes effect on or after Sept. 23, 2010. The rule would now require that the policyholder’s children be covered until the age of 26 unless they have access to an employer-sponsored plan. If they were previously dropped, they can re-enroll as long as they don’t have access to an employer-sponsored plan. The child does not need to live with the parent and does not need to be claimed as a dependent on the parent’s tax return. If the health insurance plan’s open enrollment period isn’t in the fall, the plan must give dependents 30 days to decide whether or not to enroll.
I win!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your article does not have a .gov and is therefore less credible. They're probably talking about that grandfathered thing.

The .gov one clearly states that it's allowable and is further bolstered by the fact that I got back on the insurance so easily. As did my brother who lives in Florida.

Hell, my own work said that if something were to happen to my parent's insurance (which could easily happen as my dad works at a place that will occasionally do seasonal layoffs,) I can come get right back on ours without waiting for enrollment.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Your article does not have a .gov and is therefore less credible. They're probably talking about that grandfathered thing.

The .gov one clearly states that it's allowable and is further bolstered by the fact that I got back on the insurance so easily. As did my brother who lives in Florida.
http://www.healthcare.gov/law/featur...ans/index.html

Quote:
ALL health plans:

- are prohibited from applying lifetime dollar limits to key health benefits.
- are not permitted to cancel your insurance coverage solely because of an honest mistake that you or your employer made on your insurance application.
- must extend dependent coverage to your adult children until they turn 26 years old with one temporary exception. (Until 2014, grandfathered group plans do not have to offer dependent coverage up to age 26 if a young adult is eligible for group coverage outside their parent’s plan)
Quote:
If you have health coverage from a plan that existed on March 23, 2010 — and that has covered at least one person continuously from that day forward — your plan may be considered a “grandfathered” plan.
Most health insurance plans right now are considered Grandfathered... Thus making them a part of that rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Hell, my own work said that if something were to happen to my parent's insurance (which could easily happen as my dad works at a place that will occasionally do seasonal layoffs,) I can come get right back on ours without waiting for enrollment.
The reason that is, is because you are going from one credible coverage to another. It works across all health care. This also prevents you from being rated up for poor health if you were to later transfer to a individual plan.

This is my job lol... I sell Individual, Group, Life and Medicare.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 03-16-2012 at 11:44 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I wasn't on my work insurance until November 2010.

Regardless, I have what I have and it's saving me money.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Its if your parents plan was Grandfathered in but either way it doesn't matter.

I am also under my parents plan and yes it is a money saver seeing as most low deductible plans for people 18-29 are around $90

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 03-16-2012 at 12:18 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Maybe that's why I had to wait until enrollment then?

I don't really know or care anymore. An extra $100 or so bucks in my pocket each month works for me.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Godfathered
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I have the Mafia game on the brain... damn lol