Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-15-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess that means no Landry?
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol i doubt this season means anything. As in everyone is still a target. Landry included.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trevor Scott to visit. Man BB, stop trying to find diamonds in the rough.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 03-15-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Likely Broyles, McNutt, Adams, Randle, and Sanu will still be there. I'd take my chances with any of them over Amendola who would cost the pick and a larger contract. Plus, the Pats could go out and sign a guy like Smith for a low cost too. Signing Amendola would be a terrible decision.
Broyles and McNutt can be had in round 4, Randle will go late 1 - early 2, Sanu and Adams could be around there and much better than a guy who I cant imagine play a full season
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Trevor Scott to visit. Man BB, stop trying to find diamonds in the rough.
That's how you build a team, you find veratile roll players in FA and get the core players in the draft.

Scott is a DE turned LB in oakland, doesn't hurt to look...6'5 255, will be a vet minimum, so no foul if it doesnt work out
Old 03-15-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why hasn't NE re-signed Mark Anderson yet??? Or other FAs that were with the team last year that could be starters in important positions...

I mean, Trevor Scott over Mark Anderson just doesn't make sense.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
That's how you build a team, you find veratile roll players in FA and get the core players in the draft.

Scott is a DE turned LB in oakland, doesn't hurt to look...6'5 255, will be a vet minimum, so no foul if it doesnt work out
I agree with their strategy to find value players, but I don't understand why value players whom played with your team last year are not being resigned faster.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
Oh neat the Patriots signed Steve Gregory safety from the Chargers.
I like this....

hard working player who is a very good ST'er, played out of position on a bad defense, he is a FS who also has covered the slot before being forced to SS full-time because of Sanders injury. Steady guy who isn't costing to much
Old 03-15-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I agree with their strategy to find value players, but I don't understand why value players whom played with your team last year are not being resigned faster.
I agree with that, who knows what Mark Anderson is asking for, and I dont think there is a rush to sign him because of his injury...

same goes for Brandon Lloyd
Old 03-15-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
I agree with that, who knows what Mark Anderson is asking for, and I dont think there is a rush to sign him because of his injury...

same goes for Brandon Lloyd
Anderson did not get injured. That was Andre Carter.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
Anderson did not get injured. That was Andre Carter.
opps, I forgot to add Andre's name in there, wanted to mention both
Old 03-16-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Apparently the funeral Amendola attended was in Maine. He is in Boston meeting with New England.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 03-16-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I trust BB. We gave up a 2nd for Welker and a lot of people thought that was too much (me included)

Old 03-16-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFT has conjecture that we'll send Welker to the Rams for their 2nd round choice they got from Washington and we'll sign Amendola to replace Welker.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Link? I'd like to read the article.

If we sign Amendola (2nd rd tender), it'll be like we're trading Welker and a 2nd for Amen and thier 2nd. Dumb trade

Old 03-16-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post

If we sign Amendola (2nd rd tender), it'll be like we're trading Welker and a 2nd for Amen and thier 2nd. Dumb trade
He's talking about Patriots Football Weekly, not Pro Football Weekly. They were discussing it on yesterday's show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post

Linkage to Pro Football Talk piece (which piggy backed Patriot's Football Weekly conjecture.) I tend to agree that would be a weak trade.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Linkage to Pro Football Talk piece (which piggy backed Patriot's Football Weekly conjecture.) I tend to agree that would be a weak trade.
At this point there is pretty much nothing of substance out there. It's more like some reporter throwing some #### against a wall and seeing what sticks. I wouldn't mind if that was the trade if it meant we were positioning ourselves to get Wallace or Webb, however I doubt that would be the case.

In other news Anderson is visiting the Dolphins today. I like Anderson and want him back, but he's a 1 trick pony with his speed rush, and I wouldn't be willing to pay him much more than he made last year. Carter on the other hand is a different story.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Anderson or Carter fit into what they're going to want to do with that defense this year.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't think Anderson or Carter fit into what they're going to want to do with that defense this year.
I know Carter didn't have the kind of success rushing the passer in the 3-4 in Washington that he's had in the 4-3 here and other places, but you can't tell me that an all around player like Carter doesn't have value in a defense that plays >50% of the time in a nickel package.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what we're going to do on defense this year so it's hard to speculate too much. I also think that the way the board falls on draft day will dictate which system we'll end up running. If we can get a 5-tech and an OLB we'll run a 3-4, if not I think we're sticking with the 4-3. If we're sticking with the 4-3 I'd preferably have Andre Carter back due to him being the more complete DE. That of course depends on his health. I'd also like to have Anderson back, but I don't want to overpay him like we did with TBC. Anderson is IMO a slightly better TBC and a rather large proportion of his sacks were either coverage sacks or simply the QB running into his arms. So if someone wants to shell out big bucks for Anderson I'd have no concerns with letting him walk.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Another thing: Do we want Robert Gallery?

Quote:
Old 03-16-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was no such thing as a coverage sack for this team in 2011. Lies.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I suggest that you take another look at the games. Anderson got quite a few 4th quarter sacks when the opposing offenses were going for the deep ball to catch up.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think a more apt description would be cleanup sacks from Wilfork and Love beasting up front.