Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-16-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horton was a great Jerry Reese kind of move. The guy has a place on our roster as long as he still has some athleticism. He's a great in the box safety and he's decent in man coverage in underneath routes. Great tackler and special teamer too.

He's a good football pickup. Typical Reese. I like this pick up a lot.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants sign punter Steve Weatherford to five-year, $12.75 million deal, per league source.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weatherford!!! I don't really know the deals for punters but that seems like a lot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That doesn't seem too outrageous. Not an "elite" punter, but ~2 mil isn't bad for him at all. I wouldn't complain either way with this signing if I was a Giants fan.

I came in here to see if I've missed anything Free Agency wise with the Giants. What's the news, seems like you guys are being quiet, much like the Eagles have been,.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
That doesn't seem too outrageous. Not an "elite" punter, but ~2 mil isn't bad for him at all. I wouldn't complain either way with this signing if I was a Giants fan.

I came in here to see if I've missed anything Free Agency wise with the Giants. What's the news, seems like you guys are being quiet, much like the Eagles have been,.
Signed Martellus Bennett, Signed Chris Horton, Restructured some contracts and resigned some of our own fa's like Terrell Thomas, Domenik Hixon, Justin Tryon and Michael Coe.

That's about it so far.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished looking over the last two pages or so. I remembered seeing Bennett the Bennett signing, but didn't hear about Horton. Low risk/med-high reward type contracts for Bennett and Horton. Smart moves.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Weatherford signing. I wasn't complaining at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I love the Weatherford signing. I wasn't complaining at all.
I didn't think so, lol the "I wouldn't complain" was me saying since he's a (non-******) punter, making ~2 mil. Its not really a big enough deal to say he is making too much, or too little...

Old 03-16-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad we locked him up. Thank you Jets. Thanks for the gift.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonblows91 View Post
Is anyone else really frustrated that they haven't brought back devin thomas or chase blackburn yet? Neither of them will probably earn more than the minimum...it bothers me
Umm...why? You never know what'll happen in FA, case in point Eric Winston getting cut, keep as much wiggle room as you can. Plus you never know when hardworking role players will be surpassed by even harder working role players the way Tyree was. I'll be happy to see them in camp but it's in no way a concern that they haven't been handed contracts yet.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 03-16-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We may not be completely done yet, it isn't uncommon for us to wait a little for the initial frenzy to subside and get guys we are after at a reasonable price.

I wouldn't mind us bringing in Tolbert to replace Jacobs.

I wonder if there is much trade talk happening with Osi?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can get Demetrius Bell cheap I am all for it now that we have pretty much no shot at Winston.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
We may not be completely done yet, it isn't uncommon for us to wait a little for the initial frenzy to subside and get guys we are after at a reasonable price.

I wouldn't mind us bringing in Tolbert to replace Jacobs.

I wonder if there is much trade talk happening with Osi?
THIS! I would love Tolbert!

p.s POST 9,000! Woot

Old 03-16-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
If we can get Demetrius Bell cheap I am all for it now that we have pretty much no shot at Winston.
Is Marcus McNeil's spine ****** up for good yet?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 03-16-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Is Marcus McNeill's spine ****** up for good yet?
Not yet, but it should be soon which is disappointing after the way he started out his career.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is how our roster is currently shaping up

QB - Manning, Carr, Perriloux

WR - Nicks, Cruz, Barden, Jernigan, Hixon, Stanback, DePalma

RB - Bradshaw, Ware, Brown, Scott

FB - Hynoski

TE - Bennett, Ballard*, Beckum*, Pascoe, Purvis, Hopkins, Donnell

OT - Diehl, Beatty, Brewer, Capers, Reinders

OG - Snee, Boothe, Petrus, White

OC - Baas, Cordle

DE -Tuck, Pierre-Paul, Umenyiora, Trattou, Marshall

DT - Canty, Joseph, Austin, Hendricks

LB - Kiwanuka, Boley, Williams, Sintim, Jones, Herzlich, Tracy, Paysinger

CB - Webster, Thomas, Amukamara, Johnson, Coe, Tryon, Bing

S - Rolle, Phillips, Horton, Sash

K - Tynes

P - Weatherford

LS - DeOssie

* likely PUP

Last edited by Big_Pete : 03-17-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think we are ok with Beatty and Diehl as the immediate starters.

I do think we will draft a tackle in the draft for the future.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Last year Terrell Thomas was planned to replace Grant's role as the 3rd safety in our three safety sets. With Grant likely gone and Thomas healty, should we expect to see Thomas in that extra safety role?
Old 03-17-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think we are ok with Beatty and Diehl as the immediate starters.

I do think we will draft a tackle in the draft for the future.
Depends, Bell did reasonably well for the Bills and opened up good holes for Freddie Jackson. He could beat out both Beatty and Diehl for the LT job and is still young with enough talent that hasn't been squeezed out of him yet

That said I am still hoping for one of Mike Adams, Cordy Glenn or Kemechi Osemele.

Quote:
Not yet, but it should be soon which is disappointing after the way he started out his career.
Haven't really been paying attention to much of the FA hooplah, but he wouldn't be the worst guy to bring into camp with a shot to win a starting spot if we do nothing else to address OT in FA.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Last year Terrell Thomas was planned to replace Grant's role as the 3rd safety in our three safety sets. With Grant likely gone and Thomas healty, should we expect to see Thomas in that extra safety role?
I think they're still waiting to see how healthy he is, ergo the Chris Horton pick up who'd be perfect for that role if he's healthy himself and we do still have Sash in the fold who could be ready to take on the role. That said if TT is good to go I could see him getting plenty of time at Safety.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2012, 03:40 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I think they're still waiting to see how healthy he is, ergo the Chris Horton pick up who'd be perfect for that role if he's healthy himself and we do still have Sash in the fold who could be ready to take on the role. That said if TT is good to go I could see him getting plenty of time at Safety.

There is potentially Chad Jones as well if he is healthy.

Horton is a good cheap option, but he has his on injury history.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

What do you guys think of bringing in Joe Mays to fill our whole at MIKE? He has the size and he is young and I like his potential.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I think that role was made for him bc we still had Aaron Ross and we were going to play Amukamara as our nickel CB.

This year we won't have Ross, so in all likelihood Thomas will always play CB.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think that role was made for him bc we still had Aaron Ross and we were going to play Amukamara as our nickel CB.

This year we won't have Ross, so in all likelihood Thomas will always play CB.
Here's the thing though. It wouldn't take many unexpected things happening for it to be better for the giants to have one of Bruce Johnson, Tryon or Coe on the field over Horton, Sash or Grant. If Horton's completely healthy and those inside corners struggle then TT would spend pretty much all of his time at corner, but we don't know how that'll play out yet.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We'll adjust to injuries. I don't doubt that. But you don't want to sacrifice too much in the run game to put these CBs out there. We run big nickel as our base, you don't want to turn big nickel into a dime defense. You need some muscle for the run game still.

So ideally, I like Thomas at CB and a box safety as that 3rd safety. In a perfect world we'd have a 3 down linebacker at MIKE so we can play 4-3 as our base, but we're not quite there yet.

I want our defense to eventually become good enough that we can play against no huddle offenses without having to substitute.

We have the DBs to be versatile vs any formation, we have the dline to be versatile vs any formation, but we are missing that 1 LB that allows us to combat the no huddle and go into different formations and packages without substitutions.