Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-18-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning was so dumb not to even consider you guys. From a QB standpoint I would be dying to come to this team. Literally the only piece you guys are missing is QB and with a Defensive minded HC he could run the offense. You guys better not pass on Tannehill, I love his potential and his best landing spot would be here. No other QB needy team has the pieces you guys do.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want Tannehill but I doubt we'd draft him. Pioli seems to want to stick to Cassel.

And if Peyton decides to go to Denver, we're going to make him regret that decision.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I really want Tannehill but I doubt we'd draft him. Pioli seems to want to stick to Cassel.

And if Peyton decides to go to Denver, we're going to make him regret that decision.
you are absolutely correct on both accounts. Tannehill would be a huge long shot because we most likely wont carry 4 QBs on the roster.

and he will regret the decision at least twice a year. actually, not signing him may have been a blessing in disguise. no way with his contract can we sign Hillis, Boss and Winston. i think this team is in better shape now than it would be w/o those players and Peyton, IMO.

seriously, if you asked for our best case scenario in FA, Pioli just did it.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. Pioli hit a home run so far this off-season. He signed high level players at positions of need to very team-friendly contracts. Really couldn't have asked for a better off-season.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ecstatic about the offseason so far, I think right now we need our biggest need is a nose tackle. and I also think DeCastro has to be our pick. We won't carry four QB's. I think Poe will be gone by the time we pick at 11 and we could trade down to cash in on the tannehill sweepstakes.
Now Mr. Pioli if you could just pick up Solai, I won't teach my two year old son to swear at your picture
Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

per Adam Caplan the Chiefs still have 15 mill in cap room after the signings and the Bowe franchise tag
Old 03-18-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
I'm ecstatic about the offseason so far, I think right now we need our biggest need is a nose tackle. and I also think DeCastro has to be our pick. We won't carry four QB's. I think Poe will be gone by the time we pick at 11 and we could trade down to cash in on the tannehill sweepstakes.
Now Mr. Pioli if you could just pick up Solai, I won't teach my two year old son to swear at your picture
He re-signed with the Dolphins.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
per Adam Caplan the Chiefs still have 15 mill in cap room after the signings and the Bowe franchise tag
is that including the money allocated to the 2012 draft picks? also, i will bet lunch on it that Albert and Colquitt get part of that money this year too. if they sign a long term deal during training camp or the 1st few games that would be a part of this years cap. it only makes sense. i really love where we are at. so many options and
none of them earmarked for a single purpose.

Quote:
He re-signed with the Dolphins.
this signing seems to have gone way under the radar. i hear a lot of poeple still bring his name up
Old 03-18-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
this signing seems to have gone way under the radar. i hear a lot of poeple still bring his name up
Yeah, same. I think we'd look at Franklin, even though I think he'd be a bad scheme fit, or Shaun Rogers, who RAC knows well. I really want to know if they think Powe is the answer at NT, but I guess we'll find out in the draft.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Manning was so dumb not to even consider you guys. From a QB standpoint I would be dying to come to this team. Literally the only piece you guys are missing is QB and with a Defensive minded HC he could run the offense. You guys better not pass on Tannehill, I love his potential and his best landing spot would be here. No other QB needy team has the pieces you guys do.
I'm still unimpressed, the only reason Tannehill is being floated as a 1st rounder is because positional importance has floated him that high, and to me that's not a good reason to select him high. If he is there in the 2nd, fine. I look at him like a quarterback version of Poe. If the Chiefs take either at 11 I think we will be sorry.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I just completely disagree with you about Tannehill. That isn't why he's being pushed up to a first round QB. He has all of the tools you look for, comes from a pro style offense, and has a TON of upside.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just had a thought, what happens if Tannehill is still available at eleven, and the 49ers are the losers in this manning derby(so since Flynn signed with the seahawks, Smith goes to Miami and Peyton to Denver) and they HAVE to trade up to get their franchise QB(or possible). I think Pioli should get exective of the year if he pulls something like that off!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm home I'll just leave this here.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're not trading up for a QB. Tannehill is one of those guys you take a shot on if you really just have to take a shot at a QB and you can deal with another losing season when he struggles and/or fails. The Chiefs aren't in that position. Plus, they really like Stanzi, who is a perfect fit for their entire organizational structure and philosophy.

The only way they trade up is if they really like Poe, Kuechly, or DeCastro and get wind that one of the 7-10 teams is also eying their target. If they land a NT in free agency, their hand will essentially be tipped towards DeCastro or Kuechly. In that event, I see them almost having to trade up a few spots to make sure they get the guy they want.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see them trading up. If anything they will be looking to move down.

While they are just a few pieces away on the starting line up, the depth chart at certain positions at least is down right horrid.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
I just don't see them trading up. If anything they will be looking to move down.

While they are just a few pieces away on the starting line up, the depth chart at certain positions at least is down right horrid.
By my count, they still should be looking for the following:

QB: 0 (though they'll need to bring someone in if Cassel gets hurt and Brady Quinn is the direct backup to Stanzi)
RB: 2 (one good/proven player who can fill in for Charles/Hillis and one to develop)
FB: 1 (proven player unless they really like Bannon)
WR: 3 (one solid 4th receiver and 2 developmental receivers)
TE: 1 (practice squad-type)
OT: 2 (one solid backup and another for competition)
OG: 3 (one potential starter, one solid backup, one for competition)
OC: 2 (solid backup and competition)

DE: 3 (one to pair with Bailey on passing downs, two to develop)
NT: 1 (starter)
OLB: 1 (depth/competition)
ILB: 1 (starter/competition)
CB: 2 (backup, competition)
S: 2 (developmental, competition)

24 with almost all of them being practice squad guys or camp cuts. I think they need about 8 more guys that will stick as depth upgrades.

As a side note, I saw (before Winston got signed) that Marcus McNeil was scheduled to visit this upcoming week. He'd fill a pretty big gap for depth and security at OT. Could also bring the possibility of Albert moving to LG back into play.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
So I just had a thought, what happens if Tannehill is still available at eleven, and the 49ers are the losers in this manning derby(so since Flynn signed with the seahawks, Smith goes to Miami and Peyton to Denver) and they HAVE to trade up to get their franchise QB(or possible). I think Pioli should get exective of the year if he pulls something like that off!
i think he is implying that the 49ers was the team trading up, not KC. Flynn to Seattle, Smith to Miami and Peyton to Denver leaves the 49ers w/o a QB. they would then be inclined to trade up to get Tannehill. maybe even trade with KC (hence Pioli getting Exec of the Year).

a couple of flaws with this logic. trading from 30 up to 11 would be very expensive for the 49ers and extremely risky for the Chiefs. also, look at the market for Tannehill in your scenario. which team behind the Chiefs would have major interest in Tannehill? Maybe Arizona @ #13? then its all the way down to Cleveland @ #22. so, there wouldn't be a need for San Fran to jump all those other teams and cost themselves extra picks. Then throw in the fact that Harbaugh is clearly a good coach for QBs and their team was in the NFC Championship game last year. i highly doubt that they find themselves w/o a QB all the way up to the draft. even Garrad makes a ton of sense for that team. i just don't see them being desperate for Tannehill in any way other than him falling to #30 and the 49ers selecting him.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
By my count, they still should be looking for the following:

QB: 0 (though they'll need to bring someone in if Cassel gets hurt and Brady Quinn is the direct backup to Stanzi)
RB: 2 (one good/proven player who can fill in for Charles/Hillis and one to develop)
FB: 1 (proven player unless they really like Bannon)
WR: 3 (one solid 4th receiver and 2 developmental receivers)
TE: 1 (practice squad-type)
OT: 2 (one solid backup and another for competition)
OG: 3 (one potential starter, one solid backup, one for competition)
OC: 2 (solid backup and competition)

DE: 3 (one to pair with Bailey on passing downs, two to develop)
NT: 1 (starter)
OLB: 1 (depth/competition)
ILB: 1 (starter/competition)
CB: 2 (backup, competition)
S: 2 (developmental, competition)

24 with almost all of them being practice squad guys or camp cuts. I think they need about 8 more guys that will stick as depth upgrades.

As a side note, I saw (before Winston got signed) that Marcus McNeil was scheduled to visit this upcoming week. He'd fill a pretty big gap for depth and security at OT. Could also bring the possibility of Albert moving to LG back into play.
i'm glad you pointed it out. i brought it up in a different thread, but i think a early draft pick goes as a 34 DE. this is just a guess, but Dorsey's contract is up at the end of the year and i do not see him getting a long term deal in KC. his fit is better in a 43. so, i could see Dorsey becoming trade bait as this year progresses. at least getting a 3rd, 4th or even a 5th round pick as compenstion seems like alot better deal than just letting him walk away. drafting another DE this year allows him to learn and get into the rotation before asked to see major action. i could actually see another CB being drafted in the first 3 rounds as well. long term younger replacement for Carr.

i dont see McNeil coming here to play backup unless it is purely to spite SD by playing for a division rival. its kind of the same thing that happened with Tolbert. once we signed Hillis, he wasn't needed and moved on.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

McNeil probably believes he is still a starter in the NFL and we have no need for a starting RT now, so I doubt that happens.

And I'd be ******* furious if our first pick wasn't at a major position of need like QB, OG, LB or NT. If we take another ******* 3-4 DE I'm going to snap and murder someone.

Unless TJax or Dorsey are traded before the draft. Then I'd be ok with someone like Brockers.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Brockers would be a very tempting and solid pick at #11, though. I could see radio and casuals flipping **** over it, which would be hilarious.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

woah woah wait a minute. i dont want to use the #11 pick on a 34 DE either. i said early pick. maybe the 2nd or 3rd rounds would be a good place to start.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can add me to the list of people leaning towards Decastro. It might be a little high to take a guard but since the rookie cap is in place it would soften the blow. The thought of having our OL set for the next 5+ years makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Brockers would be a very tempting and solid pick at #11, though. I could see radio and casuals flipping **** over it, which would be hilarious.
Brockers is only a good pick at 11 if we trade either Dorsey or TJax. Otherwise it's a massive waste as he can't play NT in the 3-4 and we have two top 5 3-4 DEs.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brockers is only a good pick at 11 if we trade either Dorsey or TJax. Otherwise it's a massive waste as he can't play NT in the 3-4 and we have two top 5 3-4 DEs.
You are talking draft pick top 5 right? Not performance ranked?
Old 03-19-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Also, when touching on the 49ers trade scenario, if the Chiefs could land Kaepernick in that deal I would be all for it.