Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 03-14-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to sign Winston, I hope that happens.

I've heard that the Dolphins haven't talked contract with Flynn yet though, seems like there's conflicting reports out there. Also, Flynn has a meeting set up with Seattle tomorrow.

I'm curious to see what we do at the draft if Justin Blackmon is still on the board at 8.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are getting Soliai back

@BenVolinPBP
Just confirmed that Paul Soliai is in fact coming back to the Dolphins. Definitely surprising given how little movement there was for awhile

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In other news, I've heard Sean Smith is on the block and that we are coming in a bit low too Winston because we know he wants to be in Miami. Hoping he'll take discount to reunite with Sherman, his college, and the fact the wife is from Miami area.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great move bringing back Soliai. Thought for sure he was a goner.

Also a good addition signing Richard Marshall. 3 year/16 million seems like starter money to me. Wonder if Sean Smith truly is on his way out or maybe a move to FS for Marshall? Anyway our defense will be damn good this season. Wish could say same for offense. Manning chase seems over now and dunno if we even have enough room to sign Flynn now. Seahawks seem to want Flynn and not want him to leave when he visits Thursday.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton has broken my little heart :(

We are officially out of the hunt now.

More news

- It appears we have signed former Jet Jamaal Western

- Matt Flynn will visit the Dolphins in the next couple days. That is IF the Seahawks dont lock him up. Been reading around that they want to sign him before he leaves

- Langford isnt getting a big market like he hoped, so dont be surprised if he ends up coming back.

- Eric Winston wants to get PAAAAAID. Want to be the highest paid RT, so doubt he will be signing here
Old 03-17-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Looking good on the Matt Flynn front. I get the feeling he isn't going to get an outrageous contract either and we're gonna be able to get him and possibly Mark Anderson. I get the feeling we're going to be looking Tannehill at 8 regardless.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-18-2012, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

And now Alex Smith is in town for a visit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-18-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate that we're lowballing Flynn. Either you want him or you don't, stop this crap and offer the guy a decent contract. Alex Smith or David Garrard would be a disaster. I'm worried that we're going to push Flynn to sign with Seattle.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
I hate that we're lowballing Flynn. Either you want him or you don't, stop this crap and offer the guy a decent contract. Alex Smith or David Garrard would be a disaster. I'm worried that we're going to push Flynn to sign with Seattle.
Me too, I'm deathly afraid of this. I hate us.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

I hate being right sometimes. At this point, given our options another season with Matt Moore might be the best choice. Not a happy Dolphin fan at the moment.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

After missing out on Peyton, I had the feeling that Tannehill was the guy they would covet the most but I still expected us to get some real veteran competition for him. I'd be okay with Alex Smith if he signs cheaply but I doubt he's looking to. No thanks on Garrard. Looks like Matt Moore vs. Ryan Tannehill now

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-19-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Peyton Manning to the Broncos, I wonder if Ross will turn his attentions towards trading for Tebow now?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

God I hope not but it seems like something he would be interested in doing. Afterall, he does want a "rock star" QB.

God Im so tired of this ******* pathetic franchise. No one wants to come to Miami. We are going to end up going into the season with Moore as our ******* QB. Enjoy our horrible offense this season folks.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
After missing out on Peyton, I had the feeling that Tannehill was the guy they would covet the most but I still expected us to get some real veteran competition for him. I'd be okay with Alex Smith if he signs cheaply but I doubt he's looking to. No thanks on Garrard. Looks like Matt Moore vs. Ryan Tannehill now
This is my hope at the moment. PLEASE GOD NO TIM TEBOW. We will soon find out whether it's the football aspect or the social aspect that Ross truly cares about.

I had a conversation with someone today about the QB situation and he brought up a GREAT point. While the brass has given us virtually no reason to expect them to make the right decisions or that they even have anything remotely resembling a plan for the short and long-term focus/success of this team, I have no reason to doubt Joe Philbin at this point. Yet. And there HAS to be something to be said for Philbin not absolutely hammering home to the brass that it was IMPERATIVE to bring in Matt Flynn. Maybe Philbin knows something that we don't, or something that some do and an idea some are just hiding from. And that is, that maybe Matt Flynn just isn't that good. And for a guy that is still only 26 years old, and with the support he was receiving, we would be forced to commit to him for the long term. And maybe, just MAYBE Philbin felt that wasn't in the Phins best interest.

Adding to that is the fact that Ryan Tannehill is still out there for the taking in April. And maybe Sherman is convinced this is our guy, and he was able to convince Ireland, Philbin and Ross that this was the way to go, then I believe him. Mike Sherman is a very good offensive coach that's been around the game for a long time, and if he thinks Tannehill is the way to go, then I would prefer him over Matt Flynn any day. Because for all we know, we are getting a more athletic, stronger-armed, younger version of the Packer's long time backup that won't be expected to come in and start right away. One that we can mentor for a year or two until he is comfortable with running this offense and until our coaches and Sherman feel he is ready.

Those are my thoughts on the Dolphins QB situation as it stands right now. It seems like a dark time for most Phins fans right now, but I truly believe it's not as bad as some are making it seem and that includes the media and the usual panicking Dolphins fair-weathered fans. It sucks we missed out on Peyton, I'll give you that, but Alex Smith sucks and Matt Flynn is still a backup-level player until he proves different, if he ever does. The situation isn't that bad and isn't much different than it was before the Peyton saga began. The world is not going to end. The draft if coming soon, which means new hope is coming. Let's keep that hope alive. For now anyway. :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-19-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I come in peace, guys.
If for some reason Tannehill goes to the Browns at 4 or someone trades up in front of you guys to pick him, what would you say Miami's plan is for QB? Do they look to look for one later in the draft, sign a vet, a combination of the two, hope for Barkley next year, etc.? Just curious because I like to keep tabs on the other teams within the division

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I come in peace, guys.
If for some reason Tannehill goes to the Browns at 4 or someone trades up in front of you guys to pick him, what would you say Miami's plan is for QB? Do they look to look for one later in the draft, sign a vet, a combination of the two, hope for Barkley next year, etc.? Just curious because I like to keep tabs on the other teams within the division
I think Brandon Weeden then becomes a real possibility in a trade down, or possibly even a trade up from the 2nd round back into the first.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

We released Yeremiah Bell. If there isn't an immediate signing of someone with a relatively large contract in the next 24 hours (be it Alex Smith or Mark Anderson), I'm going to be pissed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-19-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

And we just signed David Garrard. Please tell me we did not just pay David Garrard so much money that we had to ******* cut Yeremiah.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-19-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

I doubt it. But we better be signing Anderson, asap. Wimbley would've been nice :/

Old 03-21-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

I dont know about you all but I cant wait until 2013 offseason! This season will be a joke IMO.

Having a top 5 pick and Ireland being fired will be oh sweet music to my ears.

Last edited by Da-Phins : 03-21-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I doubt it. But we better be signing Anderson, asap. Wimbley would've been nice :/
Anderson is starting to get a big market so I doubt he will come here. While Ireland is here, we wont be able to bring in many impact players. Better hope we can draft well!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Forget about Anderson now. He's close to signing with the Bills. Man this offseason is just getting better and better. Not only are we the laughing stock in the NFL lead by an idiot who is scaring away players , but other teams in our division are actually bringing in some talented players. Please hurry up and get here 2013!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

I can't wait to see how the draft plays out. If we get Tannehill and a few key contributors in the 2nd-4th rounds I think we'll be fine. I understand the rage to some extent but I also think some of it is a little much. Not getting Manning sucked but its not like we didn't try. I never thought Flynn was a franchise QB and I'm not in the least bit upset that we didn't overpay to bring him here. The fact that his offensive coordinator didn't feel he was a 100% upgrade over Matt Moore is really telling on how good Flynn actually is IMO. I'm also not a big RGIII guy so I don't mind that we didn't mortgage the future to try and get up to get him. I don't like Garrard at all but I also don't expect him to see the field this year as I don't see him beating out Moore, who is a MUCH better fit for the offense we'll be running or Tannehill if we get him.

overall, if we come out of the draft with Tannehill or Weeden, a pass rusher that can contribute early, an offensive lineman that can push for a starting spot, and a starting WR, I'll be happy and with four picks in the first three rounds, I don't see that as an impossibility. The only hole we'd have if we got all that would be either a safety or nickel (depending where Marshall is playing) but that could be rendered moot if both Clemons and Jones take steps forward this season as both have flashed the ability to be starters IMO.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-25-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Jake Scott and Phillip Wheeler visited the team yesterday. And here I thought the team was done with FA visits.

But Scott would be a good addition to the team. Much needed. Hopefully the dumbass Ireland didnt scare him away yesterday.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Dolphins signed former Vikings Tyrell Johnson. Havent watched him much but from the sound of things, he's just a younger version on Bell. Struggles in pass coverage but a smart player who hits hard. Even after the signing the Dolphins are still in play for Bell and also are the Eagles and the ******* Pats. Would be a punch in the gut if he signs there.