Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which team will trade for Him?
Jaguars 44 40.00%
Dolphins 22 20.00%
49ers 3 2.73%
Browns 7 6.36%
Buccaneers 0 0%
Chiefs 1 0.91%
Jets 17 15.45%
Bills 7 6.36%
Raiders 2 1.82%
Saints because it's fitting and he's better than Brees 7 6.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears should be on this list. We need a tight end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1% chance he goes to Jacksonville.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills for a 4th rounder
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Where the hell are you going to NFL games for those prices?

Eagles ticket are like 65-75 dollars, but you have to buy from them directly before everyone buys them and resells them on ticketmatser and stub hub.

Jax does have a problem selling tickets so at that rate it makes sense.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Tebow vs Gabbert

The ultimate battle.

That would be like 2 double arm amputees in a ping pong challenge
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
That would be like 2 double arm amputees in a ping pong challenge
One believes that god will move the paddle for him while the other ducks out of the way of the ball and cowers in the fetal position.
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where the hell are you going to NFL games for those prices?
The seats covered up are in the upper deck at the very far ends. You can get season tickets for those areas for $330 a year.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bills for a 4th rounder
Bills are a really, really interesting option. He's got a skillset that matches what Gailey likes, they need a successor to Fitz (who is more a stop gap then anything else, despite what his contract may say), and that team is always trying to find a way to sell more tickets. Bills make a ton of sense to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Bills are a really, really interesting option. He's got a skillset that matches what Gailey likes, they need a successor to Fitz (who is more a stop gap then anything else, despite what his contract may say), and that team is always trying to find a way to sell more tickets. Bills make a ton of sense to me.
From what I remember the Bills would of used their 2nd round pick on him back in 2010 before the Broncos traded back up for him.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This freaking sucks for Tebow come on down to SF . But I bet he goes to one of the Florida teams either Jacksonville or Miami .
Old 03-19-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
There's a coach out there who likes <50% passers with a wind up release that can only be accurately timed via sundial?

Tim Tebow as a passer makes Kordell Stewart look like god damned Marino.
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

A guy from a Denver ESPN radio station said the Broncos are looking for 2 picks for Tebow and he said a 2nd and 5th would do it.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
This freaking sucks for Tebow come on down to SF . But I bet he goes to one of the Florida teams either Jacksonville or Miami .
Remember when I told you that Tebow wouldn't start in Denver past Week 8 of next year?

BOOM.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Please come on down to San Francisco...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
A guy from a Denver ESPN radio station said the Broncos are looking for 2 picks for Tebow and he said a 2nd and 5th would do it.
Too rich for my blood. I'd pay a 2nd and 5th to keep him OFF of my team though.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I pity the team that gives up a 2nd and 5th for him. I can see the Bills tossing them a 3rd, or someone like the Pats MAYBE offering a late 2nd for whatever reason, but I doubt they'll snag some really premium resources in return for Tebow.
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why Denver is so willing to trade Tebow considering he is now in an ideal situation sitting behind Peyton Manning for a little while. Peyton is about to turn 36, coming off of four neck surgeries, and missed all of 2011. Even before last season he had undergone a number of offseason surgeries. Getting rid of Tebow will only mean that the Broncos are one-deep at QB with no backup to groom as Manning's replacement.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions (10)
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I don't understand why Denver is so willing to trade Tebow considering he is now in an ideal situation sitting behind Peyton Manning for a little while. Peyton is about to turn 36, coming off of four neck surgeries, and missed all of 2011. Even before last season he had undergone a number of offseason surgeries, etc. Getting rid of Tebow will only mean that the Colts are one-deep at QB with no backup to groom as Manning's replacement.
They want to cut the head off the snake, no Tebow than Tebowmania for the most part will be gone in Denver.
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't understand why Denver is so willing to trade Tebow considering he is now in an ideal situation sitting behind Peyton Manning for a little while. Peyton is about to turn 36, coming off of four neck surgeries, and missed all of 2011. Even before last season he had undergone a number of offseason surgeries. Getting rid of Tebow will only mean that the Broncos are one-deep at QB with no backup to groom as Manning's replacement.
Tebow learning under Manning would do very little for his development considering that the two must operate in completely different offensive schemes.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I don't understand why Denver is so willing to trade Tebow considering he is now in an ideal situation sitting behind Peyton Manning for a little while. Peyton is about to turn 36, coming off of four neck surgeries, and missed all of 2011. Even before last season he had undergone a number of offseason surgeries, etc. Getting rid of Tebow will only mean that the Colts are one-deep at QB with no backup to groom as Manning's replacement.
Elway wants Tebow GONE. OUT. He basically only played Tebow last year to show the fans that he sucked.

He did suck, but between him getting impossibly lucky, other teams defending him improperly, and the defense stepping up, Elway landed himself in a pickle.

He and any other reasonable football mind in any organization in the league want nothing to do with Tebow at QB, and even having him on the roster as a FB/wildcat option is risky in case your starter struggles at all, because the fans will want Tebow starting.

Some owner seeing dollar signs will demand that his team trade for Tebow and some unfortunate football mind is going to have his career ruined by it.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only teams I see wanting him are teams who are having a hard time selling season tickets, he'll fill the stadium and that is money in the bank for any owner.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Elway wants Tebow GONE. OUT. He basically only played Tebow last year to show the fans that he sucked.

He did suck, but between him getting impossibly lucky, other teams defending him improperly, and the defense stepping up, Elway landed himself in a pickle.

He and any other reasonable football mind in any organization in the league want nothing to do with Tebow at QB, and even having him on the roster as a FB/wildcat option is risky in case your starter struggles at all, because the fans will want Tebow starting.

Some owner seeing dollar signs will demand that his team trade for Tebow and some unfortunate football mind is going to have his career ruined by it.
This is why Jacksonville is such a great landing spot for him. Gene Smith has done nothing so far to show he is a competent GM. He had about $40 million in cap space and they signed Chad Henne and Laurent Robinson. His hipster drafting has given the Jaguars very little outside of two decent defensive tackles and a decent offensive lineman. I don't think the Jaguars will ever be a great team with Gene Smith calling the shots, so they may as well take a shot with Tebow.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
This is why Jacksonville is such a great landing spot for him. Gene Smith has done nothing so far to show he is a competent GM. He had about $40 million in cap space and they signed Chad Henne and Laurent Robinson. His hipster drafting has given the Jaguars very little outside of two decent defensive tackles and a decent offensive lineman. I don't think the Jaguars will ever be a great team with Gene Smith calling the shots, so they may as well take a shot with Tebow.
Well, his career was pretty much shot in the balls the moment he made Blaine Gabbert a high draft pick anyway.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...han-tim-tebow/

Quote:
Broncos’ Ryan Clady: Peyton Manning is just better than Tim Tebow
Is the sky also blue there Ryan?