Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
NFLBaller
Rookie

NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller
Default Peyton Manning=Overrated

Hear me out here. Manning the player i feel has become one of the most overrated Athletes in recent history. He has been put on a pedestal look at all the commercials and everybody loves good old boy Peyton but looking at the big picture and studying his career the big picture starts to unfold. In the grand scheme of things all that matters is winning. Manning has good Stats but if you look at his career on average he is one of the worst big game QB's. In a very long career he has only managed 1 Super Bowl while every year we are being told he can do it all on his own. Lets face it even in the Super Bowl he did win it was against an average Chicago Bears team lead by Rex Grossman. Not to mention all the Playoff failures and another Super Bowl loss to boot. The guy also is atrocious in cold weather maybe the worst ever and hes not very good on the Road if you look at his whole Career. Joe Montana won 4 Super Bowls while never throwing an INT in any of them. Now thats a guy that should be on a pedestal NOT Manning. Again a good QB but NOT one of the top 5 best certainly.
NFLBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh look, it's this thread again.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today I learned that NFL QBs win Super Bowls all by themselves. It doesn't matter how crappy the rest of the team is. Also, Dan Marino is terrible. I can't believe they let that loser into the Hall of Fame.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does he compare to Tom Brady? Who is better between the two?
Old 03-19-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say he's like a poor man's Trent Dilfer. Good, but not quite great.
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm assuming you're a bitter Chiefs fan.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
How does he compare to Tom Brady? Who is better between the two?
There's a special place in Hell reserved for you now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan View Post
I'm assuming you're a bitter Chiefs fan.
Why are Chiefs fans bitter? I'm not upset he isn't in KC, I just find it hilarious that you Broncos homers are already predicting SB appearances. How about you build the rest of your team first there champ.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
NFLBaller
Rookie

NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller NFLBaller

Anyone care to reply to the thread? All im reading is a bunch funny remarks. Debunk this please.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBaller View Post
Anyone care to reply to the thread? All im reading is a bunch funny remarks. Debunk this please.
Peyton Manning has a better quarterback rating than Tom Brady in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not predicting anything, it's just the way you sound when you talk about the subject.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
NFLBaller
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Peyton Manning has a better quarterback rating than Tom Brady in the playoffs.
Stupid reply Brady has 3 rings to Mannings 1....next
Old 03-19-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Fico
Rookie

Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mr. NFLBaller, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Fico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fico View Post
Mr. NFLBaller, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
When in doubt, go Billy Madison. I approve.

Quote:
Hear me out here. Manning the player i feel has become one of the most overrated Athletes in recent history. He has been put on a pedestal look at all the commercials and everybody loves good old boy Peyton but looking at the big picture and studying his career the big picture starts to unfold. In the grand scheme of things all that matters is winning. Manning has good Stats but if you look at his career on average he is one of the worst big game QB's. In a very long career he has only managed 1 Super Bowl while every year we are being told he can do it all on his own. Lets face it even in the Super Bowl he did win it was against an average Chicago Bears team lead by Rex Grossman. Not to mention all the Playoff failures and another Super Bowl loss to boot. The guy also is atrocious in cold weather maybe the worst ever and hes not very good on the Road if you look at his whole Career. Joe Montana won 4 Super Bowls while never throwing an INT in any of them. Now thats a guy that should be on a pedestal NOT Manning. Again a good QB but NOT one of the top 5 best certainly.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Steady Lurkin
Rookie

Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now here's a discussion I can get behind.

ALL OF TEH MANNINGFACES

Steady Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You thought my remark was funny? <3
Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Terry Bradshaw has 4 so he must be better than both of them.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
NFLBaller
Rookie

Bottom line what has Manning done to deserve all the accolades and a 90 million dollar contract at 36?
Old 03-19-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm refuting your statement that Manning is one of the worst big game QBs. By your logic Trent Dilfer has 1 ring to Marino's 0 so obviously Dilfer is the superior QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we seriously just ban this guy already? Something tells me he isn't going to be a valued poster.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Leo
Rookie

Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eli is 2-0 vs. Brady in SB. Is he a better QB?

Stupid thread. Manning is not overrated. Football is a team sport.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Steady Lurkin
Rookie

Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you need 6 passing TDs against a bad secondary in October, PEYTON MANNING IS YOUR GUY.
Steady Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pie vs. cake. Assuming cheesecake actually counts as cake, I say cake wins.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote