Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which team will Stewart play for next season?
Stays with Carolina 6 11.76%
Denver 13 25.49%
New York Giants 7 13.73%
New York Jets 5 9.80%
St. Louis 2 3.92%
Tampa Bay 2 3.92%
Cleveland 5 9.80%
San Diego 2 3.92%
Detroit 3 5.88%
Green Bay 6 11.76%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about the Packers? Seems like they need a RB and Kuhn gets most of the short yardage situations.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The deal they signed Williams to was the worst last year. Guy had one amazing season....
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Lions and Green Bay for him. Those would be good situations and would take advantage of his skills pretty well.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Panthers beat writers are flip-flopping with this like crazy. I don't know if it's to gain leverage in trade talks or what.

I still want to know Tolbert's contract details. If it is a tiny deal, maybe he really did just sign to play FB and specials...

You know what, they don't even have a FB on their roster.

I think he'll play FB. Maybe they paid him the most $ he could get on the open market if he agreed to play FB and not eat up many touches?

This thread may end up pointless.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Contract details
http://mobile.catscratchreader.com/2...h-the-panthers

Tolbert is playing FB and special teams while making $700k in the first year with $2.4 guaranteed. The panthers aren't planning on trading either of their two current backs although Tolbert has options incase Stewart leaves.

Looks like judgement should have waited for actual details because this is an excellent deal.

Last edited by ShutDwn : 03-19-2012 at 06:58 PM.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why Tolbert would go to Carolina. Surely a team like Ciny could have offered him more playing time.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I don't understand why Tolbert would go to Carolina. Surely a team like Ciny could have offered him more playing time.
He played in carolina in college, he was in Chud's offense, he knows Rivera and he wants to play with Cam. I bet he is a frequent safety outlet for Cam.

He is likely the replacement for Shockey in the offense although they play different positions.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
He played in carolina in college, he was in Chud's offense, he knows Rivera and he wants to play with Cam. I bet he is a frequent safety outlet for Cam.

He is likely the replacement for Shockey in the offense although they play different positions.
Those things may be true, but surely he could have gotten more money/more playing time elsewhere.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
What about the Packers? Seems like they need a RB and Kuhn gets most of the short yardage situations.
I honestly can't figure out if they need a RB, or if they just don't care whether or not they have a RB. They basically set up the run by establishing the pass, and I don't see them making a trade for an established player at the RB position. They seem content with Starks and Kuhn, even if those guys aren't great.

But if they did add Stewart, I'd be a very happy Cheesehead.

Last edited by WCH : 03-19-2012 at 07:24 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I honestly can't figure out if they need a RB, or if they just don't care whether or not they have a RB. They basically set up the run by establishing the pass, and I don't see them making a trade for an established player at the RB position. They seem content with Starks and Kuhn, even if those guys aren't great.

But if they did add Stewart, I'd be a very happy Cheesehead.
Starks is the one Packer I really love so they better not add someone to steal his touches.

*token would look great on my giants for a conditional 3rd or 2nd, especially if they trade Osi for a 2nd, post.*

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pittsburgh could also be an option if they do trade J-Stew.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post

All of those are idiotic reasons to sign with a team, I'm sorry. I'm not in his head to know fully but none of those even matter in the grand scheme of things. On the latter about being a frequent safety outlet, sure, but last time I checked they already had a ton of guys who can do just that and Stewart is a lot better at it.

If they are dumb enough to trade him they are going to make somebody insanely better. Detroit with J-Stew & Javhid Best? Yea right...This seems like a situation where they would rather sit on their hands instead of letting him get a gig somewhere.

I agree with he could very well be our next Michael Turner, there aren't many 25 carry, feature backs in the league but he's got everything you look for to be a dominant one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Starks is the one Packer I really love so they better not add someone to steal his touches.

*token would look great on my giants for a conditional 3rd or 2nd, especially if they trade Osi for a 2nd, post.*
A Giants fan loves Starks? I think I see what you did there...
Old 03-19-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A Giants fan loves Starks? I think I see what you did there...
I went to UB for 2 years while he was there. Had some friends have classes with him and from what they said he was just a really good guy and a great RB for the Bulls. Then when his injury robbed him of a first round contract I was really hoping the Giants or Bills would pick him up and turn him into another late round steal cause the kid had great talent, a great head on his shoulders and balls when he ran.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I went to UB for 2 years while he was there. Had some friends have classes with him and from what they said he was just a really good guy and a great RB for the Bulls. Then when his injury robbed him of a first round contract I was really hoping the Giants or Bills would pick him up and turn him into another late round steal cause the kid had great talent, a great head on his shoulders and balls when he ran.
Oh, cool! Thanks for the back story. You understand my suspicion, given that the Giants kept him pretty well contained during their two meetings last year (one 20+ yard run not withstanding).

I actually like him a lot too. He seems to work hard and doesn't do anything stupid. He's a lot like Ryan Grant, except he doesn't fall down the first time you touch him.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh, cool! Thanks for the back story. You understand my suspicion, given that the Giants kept him pretty well contained during their two meetings last year (one 20+ yard run not withstanding).

I actually like him a lot too. He seems to work hard and doesn't do anything stupid. He's a lot like Ryan Grant, except he doesn't fall down the first time you touch him.
Yeah, he's the only guy I felt bad about not doing better against us...a little bit. He really has a good head on his shoulders and he's got great talent, he runs really hard, has excellent balance and can break off big runs. That team just doesn't have the OL or commitment to the run to fully take advantage of him and keep their offense more diverse and harder to disrupt.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-20-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're even throwing DeAngelo Williams' name out there as a possibility to be traded or even cut. I think Stewart is a much more likely candidate because of both of their contract situations but if they are able to swallow the hit they'd take by cutting Williams I would definitely respect that move as an admitted mistake and opportunity to commit to Stewart long-term. Nothing wrong with Stewart as a featured back with Tolbert and Goodson spelling him, Tolbert also getting some time at FB. In a heavy rushing attack with Cam Newton probably being the leader of it all, that is deadly. Williams only held them back last year.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
Pittsburgh could also be an option if they do trade J-Stew.
They showed a lot of interest in him before the draft.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
They showed a lot of interest in him before the draft.
Quote:
While the Steelers had no interest in free agent running back Mike Tolbert, they do have one very big concern at the position. They do not believe Rashard Mendenhall will be of much use to them in 2012, which is the final year of his contract.
Its possible Mendenhall may have had his last carry with the Steelers.
Sources told me that the Steelers will not count on Mendenhall returning to form until at least the 2013 season, and his contract with the Steelers will have expired by then. GM Kevin Colbert basically said hes not counting on him until 2013 when he said this on Feb. 13: I never feel good about an ACL until a year. Im not a doctor, but that's my mindset. If he gets back before that, to me it's a bonus.
Even if he does get back before that, however, hes not expected to be at the level he was as a running back before the injury in the playoff game at Denver and subsequent surgery. The Steelers not only have lost Mendenhall, they likely wont re-sign UFA Mewelde Moore.
So, where does that leave them? It leaves them with Isaac Redman as their starter with Jonathan Dwyer, John Clay and Barron Batch in the stable behind him.
Are they comfortable with that?
http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ave-enough-rbs

Little doubt that they address the position in the draft or look to the FA/trade market to add a body, maybe even two.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Expect Miami, Denver, and Cincinatti to be the front runners to execute this trade.
Either way you cut it, DeAngelo or Stewart is gone next year.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna go ahead and say this about Stewart: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Stewart has never really gotten a fair shake at being an NFL RB. He was fun to watch in college, and has had flashes of brilliance in the NFL. It could be one of those situations where a team knows what they're getting, but maybe Carolina doesn't know what's leaving town? Michael Turner comes to mind...for some reason.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could almost be another version of Jerome Bettis, and underappreciated young running back who goes to Pittsburgh and then establishes himself as one of the best backs in the NFL. Mendenhall doesn't look good for the upcoming year, Pittsburgh's a team that likes to run the ball, and Stewart is a versatile back, the rare talented veteran that really doesn't have many miles on his tires. I really like him to Pittsburgh.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Veteran at the age of 25...that's a pretty good shake if it is Pittsburgh. I've heard they're looking to cut Mendenhall or possibly trade him.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and say this about Stewart: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Stewart has never really gotten a fair shake at being an NFL RB. He was fun to watch in college, and has had flashes of brilliance in the NFL. It could be one of those situations where a team knows what they're getting, but maybe Carolina doesn't know what's leaving town? Michael Turner comes to mind...for some reason.
The Panthers are well aware of what they've got in Stewart. They'll be desperate to keep him in Charlotte. It's simply a matter of whether they have the money or not.

Oh and he hasn't 'rotted on the depth chart', he's split carries pretty equally with Williams. This has allowed both backs to be kept fresh, which is something I'm sure they appreciate.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
Veteran at the age of 25...that's a pretty good shake if it is Pittsburgh. I've heard they're looking to cut Mendenhall or possibly trade him.
This is his contract year.