Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Well he can't be worse then Cam Cameron, that's the way I'm looking at it.
This answer to that question may surprise you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Traded? I'm fairly certain he was a free agent. Unless the Raiders resigned him and are now trading him.
I misread, yes, he is a FA. I've read he is a good run blocker but is inconsistent.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the titans sign Jason Brown to replace Eugene.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The AFC as a whole is looking pretty weak right now. Who is the front runner coming out of the AFC?

There isn't a single dominant team in the conference right now. Maybe the Steelers or Ravens if they can squeeze another year out of their veterans, and the Pats if they can develop a defense but other than those remote possibilities, the whole conference is wide open.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The AFC as a whole is looking pretty weak right now. Who is the front runner coming out of the AFC?

There isn't a single dominant team in the conference right now. Maybe the Steelers or Ravens if they can squeeze another year out of their veterans, and the Pats if they can develop a defense but other than those remote possibilities, the whole conference is wide open.
I would have said the Texans with a healthy Schaub but I'm not sure what they're doing. Even if Ryans was overrated, he was at least a solid player on one of the league's best defenses, and they're down 2/5 of their league best o-line from last year.

Yeah idk...it's funny how the league runs in cycles. A few years back it seemed like the AFC was the powerhouse while the NFC could barely squeeze out opponents worth facing in the Superbowl. Now it's completely reversed
Old 03-21-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ryans is terribly overrated. He loves making tackles 5 yards beyond the LOS.

Houston realized they gave an average LB a huge contract and dumped it on someone else. Good trade for Houston.

Bad trade for Philly. If they think Ryans is going to come in and thump inside and stuff the run for them, they have another thing coming. I really hope this means they don't draft Luke, bc that would be fantastic.
The intelligent thing for them to do is to draft Kuechly if he is there anyway. Ryans does not solidify the LB core in the least, they moved those other guys around last year like they were playing f'n checkers or something. They probably won't but they should.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the hell would they take Kuechly? Both guys are prototypical Mikes and they just spent a 4th and big money on Ryans. There is a 0% chance they take Kuechly.

I think Ryans to the Eagles is a HUGE move. His leadership will also immensely help the run defense.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Why the hell would they take Kuechly? Both guys are prototypical Mikes and they just spent a 4th and big money on Ryans. There is a 0% chance they take Kuechly.

I think Ryans to the Eagles is a HUGE move. His leadership will also immensely help the run defense.
Kuechly is a prototypical LB. He can easily play any of the 3 linebacker positions in a 4-3, and would excel at all of them.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee Evans visiting Jacksonville today.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Lee Evans visiting Jacksonville today.
Lee Evans and Laurent Robinson. No way that can fail!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

APS does not know what he speaks of if he thinks there is anything to be excited about in Pees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Losing Ryans is huge for Houston, but I still think they have the pieces to field a pretty darn good defense. Their offense should be even better next year if their replacement at RT is serviceable. Right now I think that Houston and New England are the front runners in the AFC and probably two of the better teams regardless of conference. People might think I'm a homer for including NE, but the defense can't get any worse than it was last year and the offense have addressed the problem at wideout so the offense should be even more explosive. Look for NE to improve the quality and depth on the interior OL in the draft plus drafting a safety and a pass rusher. Barring injuries, these two teams are my current favorites for the AFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ryans is terribly overrated. He loves making tackles 5 yards beyond the LOS.

Houston realized they gave an average LB a huge contract and dumped it on someone else. Good trade for Houston.

Bad trade for Philly. If they think Ryans is going to come in and thump inside and stuff the run for them, they have another thing coming. I really hope this means they don't draft Luke, bc that would be fantastic.

It's not as one-sided as you make it, but definitely not a good deal. I guess we liked him that much more than Hawthorne to give up a pick and move down in the 3rd, but I'm not sure he's going to stay here long-term under that deal, and if true whether he'd restructure sooner than later remains to be seen. After passing on both a long-term commitment for Tulloch and a bidding war with Tampa for Lofton I don't think giving up draft picks and still paying a premium salary is what they intend on doing here. At the same time this regime can't identify talent at the LB position and has loved Ryans for years, not saying he isn't a talent but there are enough strikes against them where they could just be in love with this move and expect the world out of it when they clearly won't be getting that.

I guess we'll have to wait to see what Lofton gets paid, but he's not a 3-down player and that's a big factor in all of this.

Ryans probably won't be a top-10 ILB but he's back at 4-3 MLB where he belongs and spent most of last year getting back to speed physically, we'll just have to see how the wide-9 works out for him.

And yeah, it means we probably won't draft Kuechly. We needed a FA LB all along, and LB is still probably our biggest need but it's unlikely to be our first-round pick.

Last edited by GaMeTiMe : 03-21-2012 at 11:05 AM.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never said it was good or bad, just passing along info.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
People are going to call us crazy but I would not be shocked to see a down year, possibly .500 season by the Ravens next year. They're getting older in some key areas, don't seem to have the youth waiting in the wings to replace it on hand, have replaced an aggressive d-coordinator with a very conservative one, have a head coach who defers everything to his crappy coordinators, Cam Cameron, Joe Flacco, Ray Rice will probably hold out up until the season starts at least so look for him to be sluggish after missing camp....

And it's sad because the Ravens would be poised to take over that division completely with the Steelers also in relative decline. (Also considering Cincy has no idea how to use cap space and will probably squander their two firsts and the Browns....they're the Browns.)

Unfortunate. It'll be sad to see Ray and Reed go out like that. Suggs will have the last few years of his prime wasted...
Honestly, our offseason could have gone so much differently and I think we could have made a really strong run next year had the organization not been ******* ********. Drop Cameron immediately, bring in Hue Jackson to replace him. Jackson has a history here and Flacco enjoyed working with him immensely. Instead of looking to promote Pees, maybe bring back a Mike Nolan or Jack Del Rio who offer the attacking style defense we're so accustomed for. In two moves, coaching staff could have been fixed instead of being one of the weaker aspects of our team.

Immediately releasing McKinnie, Evans, Foxworth and Carr would have cleared enough room to retain Grubbs, especially after losing Birk as well. Shift Oher back to LT (I don't care what anyone says, he was better then McKinnie there) and start Jah Reid at RT. Bring back Andre Gurode as a serviceable starter, and then you've got Oher - Grubbs - Gurode - Yanda - Reid along the offensive line, which looks a hell of a lot better to me then McKinnie - LG - Birk - Yanda - Oher. Oh look, another improvement on the offseason.

Letting Johnson walk was probably inevitable to resign Grubbs, but I think we probably could have resigned Corey Redding, giving us more depth along the defensive line. He was a very good starter for us the last few seasons. I'd probably look to improve that other OLB spot in the draft, along with ILB. I would have tried to retain Zbi as well, but Im assuming he wants a chance to start and that's fine.

Seriously though, this organization has made some really crucial mistakes this offseason. You're right BB, I wouldn't be shocked to see 8-8 next year. Personally, I would have told Flacco and his agent to go **** themselves with that "Top 5 QB" ********. He's set to make 8 million next year, and that's about all he's worth IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Kuechly is a prototypical LB. He can easily play any of the 3 linebacker positions in a 4-3, and would excel at all of them.
But you don't spend a high pick on a 4-3 OLB.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-21-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Both could play the WILL spot and would be upgrades over Chaney, Matthews and Fokou. Ryans also can play SAM in a pinch.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

Quote:
Teams do it all the time. And they will continue to do it.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's hardly that cut and dry. There are like a half dozen positions that you could say that about, and at the end of the day people still pick those positions high because you can't continuously reach for bad prospects and pass up good players at positions you need. Kuechly is probably the best LB prospect since Willis, and if he turns out as good as a guy like Briggs or Derrick Brooks you've made a good pick. Plus, look at a team like Houston, they picked up Cushing to play OLB in their 4-3 a few years ago at pick 15. He was DPOY his first season, and when they switched to a 3-4 he was able to go right into the middle. That's was certainly a better pick then going after a guy at a premium position who didn't warrant that draft slot like Larry English or Robert Ayers.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Andy Reid, who has never valued LBs, would spend a 1st, 4th, a few spots in the 3rd, and a boatload of money on two 4-3 LBs in one offseason. I guess it could happen. And I think Kuechly is a Mike through-and-through and will be drafted as such.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
Teams do it all the time. And they will continue to do it.
I don't count Von Miller, he is a pass rusher that happens to play LB.

I also should've re-checked the Eagles' pick. They draft 15, which isn't that high. I thought they were higher up than that.

I still doubt they'll take Keuchly.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-21-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its has been an Eagles signature move to devalue the Lb position, have good Dline and secondary the rest will solve it self. I think its about time to invest a little more than the usual, but they probably won't.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't count Von Miller, he is a pass rusher that happens to play LB.

I also should've re-checked the Eagles' pick. They draft 15, which isn't that high. I thought they were higher up than that.

I still doubt they'll take Keuchly.
I don't really think so either because of the management, but it would probably be the best pick they could make considering the prospect/need match.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

Quote:
I don't think Andy Reid, who has never valued LBs, would spend a 1st, 4th, a few spots in the 3rd, and a boatload of money on two 4-3 LBs in one offseason. I guess it could happen. And I think Kuechly is a Mike through-and-through and will be drafted as such.
His best fit is at MIKE and although they stated Ryans would play MIKE he could shift outside to SAM or WILL.

Like I said they probably won't but they should.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

The SHOULD stop running that stupid scheme in the first place. Hey, I have an idea, let's spread our defensive lineman waaaaaay out wide! No way that will hurt our run defense and expose our linebackers!