Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-20-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I built a fast money deck and already gained a good amount of money and am up to level 14.

Basically, it's a stripped mono deck. My fastest game was 7 turns @ 59 seconds.

All green (life) with creatures and pillars. I had won the regeneration weapon from a spin so that's in there and 2 Heals. Just keep pumping out creatures and let the onslaught win it. It wins almost every time vs. level 3. The heals are in there just for the occasional full HP win, which doubles the purse.
I will play you... I finished my deck. Would be interested to see how it fairs.

I should be home in a half hour or so if your up for it.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been soo busy the past few days I havent had time to play much :(

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I will play you... I finished my deck. Would be interested to see how it fairs.

I should be home in a half hour or so if your up for it.
Sparing two minutes to kill you can't hurt.

There are definitely big flaws, but it's an easy money maker to decimate level 3 over and over for level up and $$$.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sparing two minutes to kill you can't hurt.

There are definitely big flaws, but it's an easy money maker to decimate level 3 over and over for level up and $$$.
Okay i am home and ready to kick some Elvis ass!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sorry . . . just checkin in after some files needed attention.

I can log in now if you're down still.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
sorry . . . just checkin in after some files needed attention.

I can log in now if you're down still.
Challenge sent
Old 03-20-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I want one more lol...
Old 03-20-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

A shield or two stops it pretty well.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

timer is counting down . . . are you in there?

Old 03-20-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
timer is counting down . . . are you in there?
No i guess it glitched
Old 03-20-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I'm out now and will resend.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

crazy fast!

Until tomorow . . . or maybe later tonight!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I timed a ten minute block of games a few minutes ago while having lunch at work, using the speed build. In ten minutes time I played 7 games, winning 6 of them and earning 124 gold. That figure includes the 5 gold bump you get if the spinner hits two in a row which happened about 5 times, though I didn't count that specifically.

The deck cost about 1k +/- a few cards won previously and is as follows:
1 Hammer
1 Druidic Staff (won via spin)
4 Horned Frog
4 Cockatrice
6 Emerald Dragon
2 Heal (higher health total = higher $$$ total)
12 pillars (9 Emerald Pillar + 4 Life Pendulum, since it makes sense to buy those for use in other builds)

The same type of deck can be built with 4 or 5 other elements. As long as the creatures have a high power to cost ratio it should work fine. Fire or Life are best. Time is an interesting option with the card advantage. Gravity and Earth won't work well b/c the creatures are all defensive. The rest fall somewhere in between. Obviously, the intent is to have the games go as fast as possible to earn money and cards. So any shields, heal, card draw, or other non-damage cards are removed or kept at a very bare minimum.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i guess i'll play.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just started playing this today, thanks for bringing this game to light. I was an original MTG player from its release until around 1998. Don't have the money to spend on it now days. This looks pretty promising. Started with a Time deck. Looking at Darkness as well.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I timed a ten minute block of games a few minutes ago while having lunch at work, using the speed build. In ten minutes time I played 7 games, winning 6 of them and earning 124 gold. That figure includes the 5 gold bump you get if the spinner hits two in a row which happened about 5 times, though I didn't count that specifically.

The deck cost about 1k +/- a few cards won previously and is as follows:
1 Hammer
1 Druidic Staff (won via spin)
4 Horned Frog
4 Cockatrice
6 Emerald Dragon
2 Heal (higher health total = higher $$$ total)
12 pillars (9 Emerald Pillar + 4 Life Pendulum, since it makes sense to buy those for use in other builds)

The same type of deck can be built with 4 or 5 other elements. As long as the creatures have a high power to cost ratio it should work fine. Fire or Life are best. Time is an interesting option with the card advantage. Gravity and Earth won't work well b/c the creatures are all defensive. The rest fall somewhere in between. Obviously, the intent is to have the games go as fast as possible to earn money and cards. So any shields, heal, card draw, or other non-damage cards are removed or kept at a very bare minimum.
I am working on a 60 card fire deck that is like this.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am working on a 60 card fire deck that is like this.
Fire and Life look like the two best for it. Fire should be a little faster but with the 1-3 toughness of the creatures, they're a little easier to kill, too. The Life ones are more balanced so they're tougher to remove. (3/3 4/4 10/6 vs. the 2/1 7/1 12/3)

My only caution would be the general rule of CCGs - minimum deck size is inherently faster. More cards = less balance. You will have a greater chance of too many (or too few) pillars.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Fire and Life look like the two best for it. Fire should be a little faster but with the 1-3 toughness of the creatures, they're a little easier to kill, too. The Life ones are more balanced so they're tougher to remove. (3/3 4/4 10/6 vs. the 2/1 7/1 12/3)

My only caution would be the general rule of CCGs - minimum deck size is inherently faster. More cards = less balance. You will have a greater chance of too many (or too few) pillars.
Yeah but fire has a few really good spells
Old 03-23-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Though I am currently trying a 32 after pulling some cards out
Old 03-23-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

The speed deck isn't necessarily about cool / fun / awesomeness, though. The green one I have is bland and monotonous, but it gets the job done consistently. I've got ~4k in cash and should hit level 20 in the next few games.

Straight Cash Homie!

Old 03-23-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

The 32 wasn't working so I upped it to 40 and I am having decent results. Gotta keep testing though.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The speed deck isn't necessarily about cool / fun / awesomeness, though. The green one I have is bland and monotonous, but it gets the job done consistently. I've got ~4k in cash and should hit level 20 in the next few games.

Straight Cash Homie!
I'd try changing to water mark, switching cockatrices/horned frogs for forest spirits and using growth every turn. Could work well for speed.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

It's definitely a cool game. I can't decide how to move forward, yet. Upgrading cards is a nice feature (card draw!) and the ability to update your health points, card draw, and quanta production are interesting. I will probably take a shot at building a deck this weekend now that I have plenty of loot.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
I'd try changing to water mark, switching cockatrices/horned frogs for forest spirits and using growth every turn. Could work well for speed.
The green has been beastly, actually. Having two Heal spells in there gives me the chance to double the $$$ by finishing with 100 health, too. I won a second Druidic Staff so there's two in there now (instead one plus a hammer) which really gives me a good shot at finishing with full health. Elemental Master, bitchez!

EDIT: Didn't quite realiza you were saying adding a second color, rather than switching to water. The dual color can run the risk of reducing speed, too. Though if I shelled out for enough pendulums instead of pillars it would probably negate that.

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 03-23-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Quote:
The green has been beastly, actually. Having two Heal spells in there gives me the chance to double the $$$ by finishing with 100 health, too. I won a second Druidic Staff so there's two in there now (instead one plus a hammer) which really gives me a good shot at finishing with full health. Elemental Master, bitchez!
yeah, i'd keep the same cards, water mark is just to have the water quanta without needing the pillars, assuring me of having enough quanta to use growth every turn on the forest spirit. i'm testing this right now, see if works.