Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Source? Because if this is true, it is THE MOST AWESOME THING EVER.

I ******* LOVE the way Michael Bush runs and it's a perfect change of pace to Forte.

Take 'er back a notch. But this is a good pick up.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phil Emery is going to make me cry. Hasn't made a shady move yet. Now if Lovie Smith and Mike Tice can just not **** things up...

If he signs Jerrhico Cotchery to a "prove-it" contract, gets either Demetrius Bell or Jake Scott, drafts an early O-lineman, and re-signs Amobi Okoye, I'll probably just have to bear his children.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best thing about Bush is that it gives us someone better to cover for Forte should his holdout linger on into the season. I wasn't looking forward to our season starting with Barber and Bell as our top backs again...
Old 03-22-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Phil Emery is going to make me cry. Hasn't made a shady move yet. Now if Lovie Smith and Mike Tice can just not **** things up...

If he signs Jerrhico Cotchery to a "prove-it" contract, gets either Demetrius Bell or Jake Scott, drafts an early O-lineman, and re-signs Amobi Okoye, I'll probably just have to bear his children.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anybody see that Drew Stanton wants out of NY, now that they brought in Tebow?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-of-new-york/

Does anybody else even want him as a #2 QB?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I think/hope the reason he's asking for that much is so that he can stay a Steeler. But if he truely wants that much cash, goodbye.
I think that may have been his subtle way of telling teams "I'd rather stay in Pittsburgh".
Old 03-22-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
I think that may have been his subtle way of telling teams "I'd rather stay in Pittsburgh".
Your optimism is cute

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, so he's not getting a contract this year. There goes my dream of him being Cutler's #2 target.

The better player doesn't always start. Out of the trash we've been running out there at LT, the best one was somehow Chris Williams, and he's like third in line for the job right now.

This is an especially big problem with the Bears in the Lovie Smith era. Some guys are just irrationally loved by coaches i.e. Al Afalava, Rashied Davis.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-be...rowns-vs-Bears

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
You're beating up a straw man here. I never said Omiyale was any good. I said he was a tiny bit better than Webb, which still means that he doesn't belong in the NFL at all.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it's his blunt way of telling teams "I want to be paid like a Top-5 WR."
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I think it's his blunt way of telling teams "I want to be paid like a Top-5 WR."
Agreed. Why would he want to eliminate competition for his services? The more teams that are interested, the more he gets paid. It's that simple.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

The Bengals need to spend about 7.9 billion next year because of cap rollover

Wallace wants about a billion

Connect the dots, peoplez!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it's going to be hilarious when teams like the Bengals need to get up to the salary floor. Their plan probably involves extending Andy Dalton and AJ Green and instead of signing bonuses, give them each a $30 million base salary in year 1 to get up to the cap floor.

Sadly, that isn't all that much of an exaggeration...
Old 03-22-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Yeah, it's going to be hilarious when teams like the Bengals need to get up to the salary floor. Their plan probably involves extending Andy Dalton and AJ Green and instead of signing bonuses, give them each a $30 million base salary in year 1 to get up to the cap floor.

Sadly, that isn't all that much of an exaggeration...
HEY NOW!
dont forget Geno....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-22-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I am so glad Michael Bush is out of the division. Yay yay yay.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Your optimism is cute
You do know I am not a Steelers fan ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Wallace has already stated he wants to stay but knows this is a business. If someone wants to pay his demands then fine, but he will likely resign with the Steelers and it won't be Fitzgerald/Calvin type money but he will get paid.The Rooney's also have stated resigning him is a priority so it will get done IMO.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler said in an interview that he'd been texting Michael Bush to sign. Cool, huh?!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always use to think you were a Steelers fan. Cant remember why though.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:

Wallace has already stated he wants to stay but knows this is a business. If someone wants to pay his demands then fine, but he will likely resign with the Steelers and it won't be Fitzgerald/Calvin type money but he will get paid.The Rooney's also have stated resigning him is a priority so it will get done IMO.
Still applies.
To think a player at his age wont bolt for the money.
If he thinks he is worth even REMOTELY that much money, he will go to the highest bidder.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-22-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I always use to think you were a Steelers fan. Cant remember why though.
49ers fan. Through and through. F**k that black and yellow bs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Still applies.
To think a player at his age wont bolt for the money.
If he thinks he is worth even REMOTELY that much money, he will go to the highest bidder.
Oh I agree, but no one is going to be offering that much money nor will they this offseason. The Steelers will get a deal done before he can test next years market as an UFA and they will get a fair deal done for both sides IMO.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

The Rooney's just crap gold and 3-4 pass rushers I guess.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree. If Antonio Brown keeps balling out, I think the Steelers let Wallace walk. They have to work down that cap eventually.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I disagree. If Antonio Brown keeps balling out, I think the Steelers let Wallace walk. They have to work down that cap eventually.
They're just going to play it cool until the cap number jumps with the new TV money and hope that it increases by enough that all of these restructurings don't bite them in the ass.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
They're just going to play it cool until the cap number jumps with the new TV money and hope that it increases by enough that all of these restructurings don't bite them in the ass.
That's fine, if they don't plan on signing anyone new either. Cause once the cap goes up as much as expected, free agent prices will go up equally as well. But they don't sign many free agents anyway.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
5 years, 25 million (9 mill guaranteed) for Broderick Bunkley to the Saints.

Thoughts?
I haven't paid much attention to him outside of Philly, can someone give me some thoughts on him?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote