Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-22-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Call Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to tell them about your story of racial discrimination.
This discussion had to do with civil and political rights, not racial discrimination as I have no evidence to even make such a complaint.

Damn you just keep getting schooled.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're the guy that made it very clear that you were bothered by the fact that you were stopped in South Dakota by an "old white guy" because you were black, heavily implying it was racial profiling and using the civil law aspect of it as a thinly veiled attempt to get your point across. It happened six ******* years ago, if you haven't figured it out by now, you probably never will, as evidenced by this five page back and forth babbling.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 03-22-2012 at 07:32 PM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're the tool that made it very clear that you were bothered by the fact that you were stopped in South Dakota by an "old white guy" because you were black, heavily implying it was racial profiling and using the civil law aspect of it as a thinly veiled attempt to get your point across. It happened six ******* years ago, if you haven't figured it out by now, you probably never will, as evidenced by this five page back and forth babbling.

The thread was an inquiry about civil and political rights. The details of my story were just a framework to ask the question of a much bigger topic and more so along the lines of correct protocol and procedure regarding public officials/officers and civilians.

It wasn't a rant about being racially profiled. My hunch as to why me and my friend were pulled over wasn't vital to the topic being talked about. I could have taken that comment out and still had the same inquiry. Oh my goodness really...

Quote:
Old 03-22-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Is that a state law? Because the other poster eaglesalltheway said this wasn't the case in PA. At least that is what the officer that pulled him over told him, that an officer should tell the driver why he was stopped first.

And yes you should always be friendly with a police officer.
Well I'm certainly most familiar with Ohio/Kentucky law more than any other and there might be some variation between states but this mostly seems like an issue of police procedure more than anything else. Your constitutional rights say they are not allowed to detain you unlawfully and that means they cannot do so without reason. There is a window where they are allowed to question you/run your identification/call in a k-9 but that seems to be it. This time period is generally not seen as an infringement upon your liberty even without reason but anything further generally is seen as such. I find it hard to believe there is much of a difference between states on this.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 03-22-2012 at 07:39 PM.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Call Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to tell them about your story of racial discrimination.
lol damn it Mets...gotta spread some rep before I can give you more.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are people impersonating police officers and pulling people over to get their info common in Pennsylvania?
Old 03-22-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Well I'm certainly most familiar with Ohio/Kentucky law more than any other and there might be some variation between states but this mostly seems like an issue of police procedure more than anything else. Your 4th Amendment right says they are not allowed to detain you unlawfully and that means they cannot do so without reason. There is a window where they are allowed to question you/run your identification/call in a k-9 but that seems to be it. This time period is generally not seen as an infringement upon your liberty even without reason but anything further generally is seen as such. I find it hard to believe there is much of a difference between states on this.
Right. And I know within that period of questioning you can ask if you are being detained and/or if you are free to go. If they have probable cause, they can hold you. In other words, if there is a reasonable belief that you have committed a crime.

You can still not consent to things like searches, and if the police still search you...well in a court case that will hold up in your favor.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is that a state law? Because the other poster eaglesalltheway said this wasn't the case in PA. At least that is what the officer that pulled him over told him, that an officer should tell the driver why he was stopped first.

And yes you should always be friendly with a police officer.
No he said an officer told him. That the officer said he "should have told him" does not equate to "is legally obligated" to tell him.

Keep in mind that there are nice officers as well who feel that they "should" tell you in order to prevent confrontation from a motorist who refuses to give his license simply because he was given a good reason. Just because an officer is thorough, courteous, and helpful, does NOT mean it was his legal obligation to be so.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only time I've ever been pulled over was for going 84 in a 70 on TX-71, and the state trooper was like, "Thanks for actually pulling off the highway" (I pulled on a county road) and just gave me a warning. Texas state troopers are cool. Suburban cops 'round yonder like to **** with teenagers, haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know other state laws but in arizona you are required to show ID

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

living in south dakota, i have been pulled over about 9 times, 5 of those 9 times (whether i knew what i did or not), the cop asked for license/ registration/ proof of insurance before he told me what I did. the times that they did ask for my information first I knew damn well what I did, whether it be speeding, driving with a tail light out, etc.

Where were you pulled over if you don't mind my asking?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know the police profiled gingers as well... Makes sense.. You are a shifty lot.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fully expected your post to be something about just killing the cop and worst thing that could happen is you get blood on your car

Old 03-22-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Fully expected your post to be something about just killing the cop and worst thing that could happen is you get blood on your car
Why's that?
Old 03-22-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Cus you think you're a gangsta

Old 03-22-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Cus you think you're a gangsta
I don't think I am anything.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell is all this ****?
Old 03-23-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK so here is how I believe this works based off from a small amount of research.

If you are walking down the street and a cop randomly asks you for you ID you have no obligation to give it to them. Less so if there is no law requiring someone to have ID (you don't need a walking license) If you are the DRIVER then yes you are 100% obligated to give him your ID as you are performing an activity that requires identification. But as the passenger you are not required to give ID. In neither case is the officer obligated to tell you why your ID is required. I've been pulled over twice while driving, once while biking, and three times while walking.

Not once was a reason given to why my ID was asked for til after I handed it to them.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell your friend to get "I Support the Sheriff '10", "I Support the Sheriff '11", "I Support the Sheriff '12" stickers. Place them on his bumper.

You'll never be pulled over again.

I drive a good 10 over the speed limit almost everywhere I go (not school zones... those people are assholes) and have not been pulled over in my 10 years of driving.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
living in south dakota, i have been pulled over about 9 times, 5 of those 9 times (whether i knew what i did or not), the cop asked for license/ registration/ proof of insurance before he told me what I did. the times that they did ask for my information first I knew damn well what I did, whether it be speeding, driving with a tail light out, etc.

Where were you pulled over if you don't mind my asking?
South Dakota...like the first post of the thread says :)

Quote:
Old 03-23-2012, 04:18 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
South Dakota...like the first post of the thread says :)
He means specifically. Duh!

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:57 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

North South Dakota

Old 03-23-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wont go into too many details about my experiences being pulled over, but I will say that it is a miracle I havent been arrested yet. I guess being a white college student has its advantages