Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 03-14-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Rumor circulating that the Saints bounty system punishment will be a loss of 3 draft picks and a 2 year post season ban
Is this rumor being spread by Falcons fans or by Cowboy fans?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!

We Got Ben Grubbs!!!!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a big drop off to Grubbs, and cost 1.5 mil less a year. Cant say thats the brightest spot this off season for sure.

Did you guys know because of getting rid of Stinchcomb last year we are eating almost 5 mil against the cap this year?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Not a big drop off to Grubbs, and cost 1.5 mil less a year. Cant say thats the brightest spot this off season for sure.

Did you guys know because of getting rid of Stinchcomb last year we are eating almost 5 mil against the cap this year?
That blows a lot.

I wish we had the money to make a run at Kamerion Wimbley. Dude would beast in Spags system in a Kiwanuka role

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-20-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you all think about the recent rumors heating up that the New Orleans Saints could be a possible landing spot for Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't heard the rumor, but I really can't see it happening. I know Sean Payton is a brilliant play-caller, but I have a hard time envisioning how we would use him. Obviously we aren't taking Brees off the field, and looking at how few snaps there are for each of our runningbacks we really don't need to take any more snaps away from them to have Tebow run the ball.

I would however love to see Tebow partying on Bourbon Street :D

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love Tebow on the Saints as a backup. Learning from Drew and Sean, he could really develop. He has the heart and determination we would love.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I haven't heard the rumors of the Saints pursuing Tebow. If they are they should stop immediately and instead concentrate on signing Brees while bringing in Broderick Bunkley and either David Hawthorne or Curtis Lofton.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-20-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I don't need us to go after Tebow.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's official, you guys lose Sean Payton for the year and give up two second round draft picks.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
It's official, you guys lose Sean Payton for the year and give up two second round draft picks.
As per ESPN.com, here is the story of the league's penalties for the Saints:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77...-year-bounties

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The good news is that Brees will now get the longterm deal he wanted.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

U guys should have just cheated like the pats* would have only lost a draft pick.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

This is gonna hurt. We haven't even learned of the player suspensions yet.
Edit: on a good note, looks like we will have a sweet 1st rounder next year.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone see this as the beginning of the end? I feel now that Brees won't come back and that this will allow Payton an out if he wants to to take the job he has been rumored to want for a while, the Cowboys.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:34 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With these penalities coming down I think it's safe to say that we should just start looking ahead to 2013. I don't see any way where we can be competative without our head coach, our GM for half the season, without any picks in the top two rounds and with a lot of player suspensions coming. Not to mention the whole Brees thing. If Payton can get a a year I wouldn't be surprised if Vilma also is lost for the season and a bunch of other guys missing 4-8 games.

Not that it matters much at this point, but I like the Bunkley signing.

Signature made by me

Old 03-22-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

So, this is what it feels like the morning after being savagely raped.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
With these penalities coming down I think it's safe to say that we should just start looking ahead to 2013. I don't see any way where we can be competative without our head coach, our GM for half the season, without any picks in the top two rounds and with a lot of player suspensions coming. Not to mention the whole Brees thing. If Payton can get a a year I wouldn't be surprised if Vilma also is lost for the season and a bunch of other guys missing 4-8 games.
I'm with Herm Edwards, Jabari Greer and others who think this will bond the team and give them a "us against the world" mentality. I don't think you guys will contend for the SB but I'd be surprised if the Saints end up under 500. You still have Brees and that incredible offense and resigning Colston was HUGE IMO.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

am i the only one who is bothered by the franchise getting penalties but the skins and bills not even getting an investigation even though it is admitted the same things were going on there as well?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
am i the only one who is bothered by the franchise getting penalties but the skins and bills not even getting an investigation even though it is admitted the same things were going on there as well?
I'm bothered by a ton of it.

Mainly I'm bothered by Goodell who has this thing about being lied to. If you're honest with him, he'll still hurt you, lie to him and he's going to bend you over and stick something 6" deep without lube - which he did to the Saint.

He's such a ******* prick, man. I could understand if a former player who was commissioner handed the penalty down but Goodell last strapped on pads when he played peewee ball.

This guy is worried about player safety but also wanted an 18 game season. Not only has he conveniently ignored investigating the other 31 teams but is also oblivious to the fact that the Giants targeted concussed players and the Steelers and Ravens put bounties on players when they play one another.

Goodell being judge, jury, and executioner is a travesty as the NFL needs a checks and balances system considering that Goodell is a dictator and ruling as such.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-22-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Mainly I'm bothered by Goodell who has this thing about being lied to. If you're honest with him, he'll still hurt you, lie to him and he's going to bend you over and stick something 6" deep without lube - which he did to the Saint.

He's such a ******* prick, man. I could understand if a former player who was commissioner handed the penalty down but Goodell last strapped on pads when he played peewee ball.

This guy is worried about player safety but also wanted an 18 game season. Not only has he conveniently ignored investigating the other 31 teams but is also oblivious to the fact that the Giants targeted concussed players and the Steelers and Ravens put bounties on players when they play one another.

Goodell being judge, jury, and executioner is a travesty as the NFL needs a checks and balances system considering that Goodell is a dictator and ruling as such.
totally seconded, every single part of it

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

Is there any appeal process that Payton and players can go through?

Old 03-23-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the NFL needs is a commitee to hand out punishments on teams. I think the punishments hand out to the Saints were fair tbh but i feel as though the amount of time for the coaches(excluding Williams) and Loomis were messed up. If anything Loomis should have gotten the year followed by Payton with 8-10 games then Vitt with his 6 games. Having one man with the power to punish on a whim if he feels like it. CJ i doubt Payton will try to appeal this suspension
Old 03-23-2012, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Tracy Porter is going to the Broncos.

I guess it's time for Johnny Patrick to step up now.

Signature made by me

Old 03-23-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
What the NFL needs is a commitee to hand out punishments on teams. I think the punishments hand out to the Saints were fair tbh but i feel as though the amount of time for the coaches(excluding Williams) and Loomis were messed up. If anything Loomis should have gotten the year followed by Payton with 8-10 games then Vitt with his 6 games. Having one man with the power to punish on a whim if he feels like it. CJ i doubt Payton will try to appeal this suspension
The man stands to lose 6 million ******* dollars. I sure as **** would appeal.