Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone interested in Jonathan Stewart? It has been suggested that he may be on the trading block.

What do you think he might be worth in a trade? A couple of years ago Seattle gave up a 4th rounder on draft day for Lendale White. It was generally considered that the Seahawks gave up too much for him.

I wouldn't mind giving up a 4th or 5th rounder for Stewart. Pair him up with Jackson and a rookie and suddenly we would have a loaded backfield.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Is anyone interested in Jonathan Stewart? It has been suggested that he may be on the trading block.

What do you think he might be worth in a trade? A couple of years ago Seattle gave up a 4th rounder on draft day for Lendale White. It was generally considered that the Seahawks gave up too much for him.

I wouldn't mind giving up a 4th or 5th rounder for Stewart. Pair him up with Jackson and a rookie and suddenly we would have a loaded backfield.
Ive heard that Carolina signed Tolbert to play FB, so Stewart may not actually be out there to be traded. If I heard wrong though and Stewart is available for a 4th then, Id be all about it. Hed be a viable backup to Jackson and the offense wouldnt change much with him in the game. 3rd down receiving back would be nice somewhere in the draft also.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice24 View Post
Ive heard that Carolina signed Tolbert to play FB, so Stewart may not actually be out there to be traded. If I heard wrong though and Stewart is available for a 4th then, Id be all about it. Hed be a viable backup to Jackson and the offense wouldnt change much with him in the game. 3rd down receiving back would be nice somewhere in the draft also.
Here's one of the stories I read.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ffle-backfield

I didn't realize how big Stewart is...5'10" and 235...he's built like Jackson. Not sure we really want two big bruisers.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:15 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's one of the stories I read.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ffle-backfield

I didn't realize how big Stewart is...5'10" and 235...he's built like Jackson. Not sure we really want two big bruisers.
What do you think Trent Richardson is?
Old 03-21-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it looks like the NFL came down hard on Saints but even harder on Gregg Williams. What are some thoughts on what the Rams will do at D-Coordinator. Is there anyone available that the Rams could go out and get or someone with in the coaching staff that could take it over. At least it being that they would have a new defense any ways it's not that big of a deal to learn a new one.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77...-year-bounties

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
Old 03-21-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll probably be McGinnis or Chuck Cecil.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
It'll probably be McGinnis or Chuck Cecil.
I read on ESPN that it will be a committee of coaches Fisher, McGinnis and Cecil. Rams are installing Fishers defensive gameplan, so they havent lost any plays or anything from losing Williams
Old 03-21-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77...sion-warranted

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
Old 03-21-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
What do you think Trent Richardson is?
Richardson is 5'11" and 225. He will probably fill out to be that big. But he is very different in that he is a rookie and would be seen as someone to take over long term. Stewart has one year left on his deal, not likely to be the future here. That's where I see a difference.

I just thought Stewart was a smaller back. I realized that I had him and DeAngelo Williams mixed up in my head.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Richardson is 5'11" and 225. He will probably fill out to be that big. But he is very different in that he is a rookie and would be seen as someone to take over long term. Stewart has one year left on his deal, not likely to be the future here. That's where I see a difference.
So then why trade a fourth or fifth round pick for him at all?
Old 03-21-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
So then why trade a fourth or fifth round pick for him at all?
When I originally posted this I thought I was talking about Deangelo Williams, who just signed a fresh deal last offseason. My bad...continue on...
Old 03-21-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many Receivers in this draft would be the Rams #1 Receiver?

1. Justin Blackmon
2. Alshon Jeffery
3. Michael Floyd
4. Kendall Wright
5. Stephen Hill
6. TY Hilton
7. AJ Jenkins
8. Reuben Randle
9. Chris Givens
10. Mohamed Sanu
11. Ryan Broyles
12. Greg Childs
Old 03-21-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

Quote:
How many Receivers in this draft would be the Rams #1 Receiver?

1. Justin Blackmon
2. Alshon Jeffery
3. Michael Floyd
4. Kendall Wright
5. Stephen Hill
6. TY Hilton
7. AJ Jenkins
8. Reuben Randle
9. Chris Givens
10. Mohamed Sanu
11. Ryan Broyles
12. Greg Childs
Just Blackmon. Wright, Hill, and Jenkins could all develop into number ones though.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice24 View Post
Just Blackmon. Wright, Hill, and Jenkins could all develop into number ones though.
Floyd and Jeffery couldn't?
Old 03-22-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I think Floyd is better than anyone we have right now. I have already discussed at length my reasons for disliking Jeffery; that being said, if he booms rather than busts his ceiling is definitely very high.

Hilton and Broyles both look to me to be slot receivers. Broyles is probably more polished in his routes, but Hilton has a skyscraper of a ceiling simply due to his speed and explosion. He definitely has the jets to play on the outside, but if you watch him play he really looks comfortable going over the middle and maneuvering through traffic. He is always a mismatch when it comes to speed. But if you can get him on a linebacker or a safety it becomes really unfair.

I like Randle and Hill lot, although I admittedly haven't seen a whole lot of either. They are both that kind of guy who could just explode at the next level when they get into a system that gives them the opportunity to be more involved in the offense.

So far I have heard very little that is good about Sanu except from a Rutgers fan who admits that he is a total homer. Jenkins, Givens and Childs I know next to nothing about. I would like to watch more of them.

Speaking of watching tape, does anyone know of any good free or inexpensive websites that offer good tape of prospects?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

@stlouisfan37 I use these two youtube channels.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JPDraftJ...ature=g-user-c

http://www.youtube.com/user/JMPasq?feature=g-user-c

Pretty sure they are the same guy, I dont why there are two of them, but he doesnt give any opinions or anything you just get to watch tape of one or two games and make your own judgements.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

Quote:
Floyd and Jeffery couldn't?
IMO... Nope. I think they are both number two receivers. Floyd doesnt have anything in his game that stands out to me other than his blocking, everything else is good, but not great.

Jeffery has great ball skills, but I think at his best (after he develops) he plays the game similar to Boldin. That could take a few years so right now he would not be the best WR in STL.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Rams have signed former Colts OL Quinn Ojinnaka to a one year deal.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Barry Richardson (Chiefs OT) Robert Turner (Jet OG) and Jo-Lonn Dunbarr (Saints LB) were also visiting Rams park on Thursday.

Dunbarr would be a solid signing.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barry Richardson (Chiefs OT) Robert Turner (Jet OG) and Jo-Lonn Dunbarr (Saints LB) were also visiting Rams park on Thursday.

Dunbarr would be a solid signing.
If you value Sam Bradford's life, don't sign Barry Richardson.

Are the Rams dead set on taking a receiver at 6? What if Blackmon is gone? I don't think there are any other receivers worthy in the top 10.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
If you value Sam Bradford's life, don't sign Barry Richardson.

Are the Rams dead set on taking a receiver at 6? What if Blackmon is gone? I don't think there are any other receivers worthy in the top 10.
My personal opinion is that receiver is the greatest need, but we have a lot of holes, and this regime will take a BPA approach to the next few drafts.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
My personal opinion is that receiver is the greatest need, but we have a lot of holes, and this regime will take a BPA approach to the next few drafts.
This. I anticipate the Rams will take the best player available at a position of need, not just one position of need. The Rams could very easily take Blackmon, Claiborne, Richardson, or even an offensive lineman or defensive tackle (though I'd argue they don't have as strong a case as being the BPA at that point but that's another discussion).
Old 03-24-2012, 03:04 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

1. Morris Claiborne
2. Trent Richardson
3. Justin Blackmon
4. Trade down
5. Riley Reiff
6. David Decastro

Anything else and ill eat my controller.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
1. Morris Claiborne
2. Trent Richardson
3. Justin Blackmon
4. Trade down
5. Riley Reiff
6. David Decastro

Anything else and ill eat my controller.
Are you assuming that the Vikings take Kalil, or are you saying you wouldn't want him? Because there is are two scenarios where he could fall to us; one, if the Vikings actually value Claiborne over him, or two, if there becomes a bidding war for Tannehill and the Vikings trade down. More than likely someone would trade up to #5 to get him, but the possibility is still there.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I would assume the Vikings still take Kalil, yes. That means for me, the targets should be Blackmon, Claiborne, and Richardson, in that order. It's hard for me to feel great about the value of anyone else there, really, but it is possible they go OT or DT.