Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-14-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll be looking for a clipboard holder. AJ Feeley's always been a strong backup QB. They might also look into Brady Quinn depending on the input from Daboll and Romeo.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are obviously a terrible QB evaluator.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You are obviously a terrible QB evaluator.
Feeley is a good veteran backup (not starter). And it's very likely that they will have an internal discussion about Brady Quinn as a clipboard holder - which would largely depend on if they are comfortable going into the season with Stanzi as the #2. Those are facts.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel sucks those are facts.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Cassel sucks those are facts.
He has a point.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orton to Dallas
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
Orton to Dallas
This is so stupid. He has no shot at starting there. Even if he didn't come back here he should have went somewhere he would have atleast had a chance.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our front office/ownership SUCKS
Old 03-14-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is so stupid. He has no shot at starting there. Even if he didn't come back here he should have went somewhere he would have atleast had a chance.

Where would that be? Dude is a lower level stop gap starter or top notch back up. Would have liked him back in KC no reason it could not have happened. Well except the obvious reason.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
Where would that be? Dude is a lower level stop gap starter or top notch back up. Would have liked him back in KC no reason it could not have happened. Well except the obvious reason.
Off the top of me head Seattle,Miami,KC and Cleveland. He would by no means be the unquestioned starter but could be in the mix.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Orton and Jason Campbell both decided to be backups instead of competing for starting jobs. No idea why. I'm sure you can find a way to blame Pioli for it though.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Orton and Jason Campbell both decided to be backups instead of competing for starting jobs. No idea why. I'm sure you can find a way to blame Pioli for it though.
I didn't but thanks for allowing me to if I so chose.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I didn't mean you, I meant those people that are acting like today is the end of the world.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

My bad. Today is in no way a surprise.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm not surprised by it either. I didn't expect us to sign any big name players right away and I don't get why others did either.

Oh well. I hope we can somehow sign Winston and Tolbert and I'd be very happy with that.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
I hope we can somehow sign Winston and Tolbert and I'd be very happy with that.
These are the only two guys I have really said I wanted. All the other names thrown around were never going to happen.

I think they have a shot at Tolbert but I'm losing hope on Winston.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I agree. I think Tolbert will be a Chief. Winston.. I dunno. Like I said in another thread, his brother works for the Dolphins, he went to the U, and they need a RT too.

It'd be a miracle if he gets out of Miami.

Something to note though, while he was cut for cap reasons, he also failed a physical with the Texans. He had surgery on his ankle or something.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm going to say it, if they resign Barry Richardson don't even read my posts because I'm going to lose it. I can NOT handle another year of him I just can't.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't think Richardson is a bad signing as DEPTH.. but if we go through FA and the draft and we don't have a replacement I'll join you and break things.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going to say it, if they resign Barry Richardson don't even read my posts because I'm going to lose it. I can NOT handle another year of him I just can't.
If we re-sign Richardson I'm going to Arrowhead with a bat and bashing brains in
Old 03-14-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

As depth, Richardson is solid. I think he'd be a very good backup. In backup opportunities, I don't think his flaws would come out (his flaws being nearly entirely mental/focus-based). But if they bring him back as the starter, that's a problem.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nor did i expect the Chiefs to over pay or sign all the biggest FAs. however, i do expect the Chiefs to be in line for some of those players. if for only a small time to let other FAs and this fan base know we want to win. say what you want about building through the draft. you have to supplement players in FA in oder to complete any team. we are only a few key pieces away from becoming a very good if not elite team. obviously QB being the #1 issue. Peyton refused to even acknowlege the Chiefs exist. thats somewhat of an issue with me. We have meetings with Tolbert and Hillis. those are good players. we gotta get Winston out of Miami even if it means it costs us more $. he is a RT (#2 position of need IMO) that succeeds playing THE EXACT style of offense we do and plays at a very high level. minus Peyton all these players have multiple years of their prime left.

i realize this isn't Madden and you just can't build a team with everyone elses best players. i'm just wanting more of an effort from the organization. make it at least look like you really want these guys. laying back and hoping they come to you isn't going to get it done.

this is only the beginning of the offseason. there is PLENTY of time to get the right guys in the mix. i just don't want to lineup for the 2012 season knowing that we have weaknesses that we should have addressed, but didn't.

edit: i dont want Richardson anywhere near this team next season. his weakness is that he blows and it will get in Cassel's head. thats the last thing we need Cassel to worry about when Richardson takes a snap

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 03-14-2012 at 05:29 PM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland does not appear to want Tannehill at #4, Seattle signed Flynn, so the only obvious team to take Tannehill is Miami. If they pass on him, do we.

As a prospect, he rates second half of the round, but if we trade back. Cleveland has #22 for leverage in a trade. Even better as a prospect, but 28 years old is Weeden. He would be a smoother transition and could conceivably start this season, and likely in 2013. Would we be interested in him? At what pick level?

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Cleveland does not appear to want Tannehill at #4, Seattle signed Flynn, so the only obvious team to take Tannehill is Miami. If they pass on him, do we.

As a prospect, he rates second half of the round, but if we trade back. Cleveland has #22 for leverage in a trade. Even better as a prospect, but 28 years old is Weeden. He would be a smoother transition and could conceivably start this season, and likely in 2013. Would we be interested in him? At what pick level?

J
No, no, and no.

If the Browns and Dolphins are passing on him, there's no reason to believe the Chiefs would think much differently. Pioli's not one to draft players that have fallen or slipped by teams they shouldn't have in the first 2-3 rounds. Also, if you're trading back to draft a QB that tells me you don't really like him all that much again since you're giving every other team X amount of chances to take the guy that will be the most important player on your team out from under you.

There is zero logic behind Weeden to the Chiefs. If he was 6 years younger, we'd have a discussion. Osweiler is the only QB I could see them giving a second thought to, but I doubt it.

Last edited by nepg : 03-24-2012 at 09:25 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't think Tannehill gets past the Dolphins, but if he does I'd hope we'd give him consideration. We have so much talent except at the most important position.