Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well **** me! Two FAs in one day?

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...8-f2fd84cf1ebb

Only a vet rotational guy but still.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Well **** me! Two FAs in one day?

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...8-f2fd84cf1ebb

Only a vet rotational guy but still.
we cut him once before with our current 3-4 defense and the Colts didn't give him a try with their transition to the a 3-4 so I question how good of a fit he can potentially be

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was released prior to the 2008 season. We didn't move to the 3-4 until 2009, by that time he was already with the Colts. Obviously, I don't think he's a starter at DE but will be a solid rotational lineman hopefully.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was released prior to the 2008 season. We didn't move to the 3-4 until 2009, by that time he was already with the Colts. Obviously, I don't think he's a starter at DE but will be a solid rotational lineman hopefully.
gosh it seems like we've been running the 3-4 longer than that haha

Old 03-23-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

And get this he was likely cut because we had just drafted Justin Harrell the year before and there were only so many roster spots on the defensive line.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Pickett and Raji we have two good defensive lineman. Getting Muir will helpwith the DL rotation, but hopefully he wont have to play much because Mike Neal will finally start to stay healthy and play well. Im not counting on it though.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
With Pickett and Raji we have two good defensive lineman. Getting Muir will helpwith the DL rotation, but hopefully he wont have to play much because Mike Neal will finally start to stay healthy and play well. Im not counting on it though.
Neal is suspended the 1st 4 games of the season for violations of the leagues PED policy. Anything we get out of him at this point is a plus.

Muir technically doesn't count as an unrestricted free agent signing either seeing he was released during last season. His contract isn't guaranteed either so it was a very low risk signing for us.

I'm happy to have Saturday on board but we really need to find/develop someone for the future.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

DT Anthony Hargrove in for a visit
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/144092856.html
Old 03-24-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
DT Anthony Hargrove in for a visit
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/144092856.html
I like Hargrove he was a good rotational guy for the Saints when they won the SB, hope we sighn him and Lawson get sum much needed pressure.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I like the Saturday pick if for no other reason then to not have a rookie starting at Center next year. Now TT can pick a defensive player in the 1st and get a middle round Center to develop for either next season or after Saturday's contract expires.

I still want Lawson too.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I am well aware of who Manny Lawson is. 16 career sacks in 6 seasons does not equate to someone who is an effective pass rusher.
To Lawson's credit, while he isn't a stud or ever good pass rusher, he's very good against the run and could be a nice complementary pass rusher to Clay. He's never been paired up with a stud pass rusher before which could really benefit him. Lawson would still be an upgrade over Jones, Walden, and Zombo.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
To Lawson's credit, while he isn't a stud or ever good pass rusher, he's very good against the run and could be a nice complementary pass rusher to Clay. He's never been paired up with a stud pass rusher before which could really benefit him. Lawson would still be an upgrade over Jones, Walden, and Zombo.
To be fair, most people would be an upgrade over those 3. As long as it was a cheap deal i would support it.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-25-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Drafting a Centre in the 3rd round would make sense because Saturday isnt a long term option. OLB in the 1st, DE in the 2nd and C in the 3rd would be ideal.

Ideal for you maybe. This type of positional draft based on need goes against everything Ted Thompson stands for.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure if this is Hargrove's real twitter handle but:

https://twitter.com/#!/A94Hargrove

Quote:
I enjoy my visit with Green Bay
Quote:
a94hargroveplay with Pickett when he was a Ram. Going to be great playing with him again..

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

If we bring in Hargrove as well, we're gonna have loads of defensive ends!

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-25-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.c....-let-him-play/

McCarthy: If Collins was my son, I would not let him play

PALM BEACH, Fla. — As the Packers coach, Mike McCarthy would love to have Nick Collins back.

And why not? He’s a three-time Pro Bowl player who at age 28 should still be in his prime.

But McCarthy still can’t get the image out of his mind of Collins down on the field in Charlotte, N.C. after he sustained what would be a season-ending neck injury in Week 2 against the Carolina Panthers.

Collins had cervical fusion surgery last September and could learn by the end of this week whether he’ll ever play football again.

“That’s probably one of the worst parts of your job (as a coach),” McCarthy said during an interview today on the eve of the NFL annual meetings at The Breakers Hotel. “Walking out on the field, looking over a player — especially when it didn’t look very serious, and then you get out there — I don’t want to be put in that position again

“And this is not about me. I’m just talking about, if that was my son, if Nick was my son, I would not let him play.”

Collins has said all along that if doctors tell him he’s not at additional risk, then he will play. Otherwise he will retire.

“I’ll tell you what (team physician) Dr. Pat McKenzie told me: It’s something that they feel very good about based on the last exam, and if he has a good chance just based on the way he’s progressing, but you don’t know,” McCarthy said. “He said it’s either yes or no.”

McCarthy added: “We’re not going to put him in harm’s way. If he’s on the field, he’ll be cleared. He’ll be 100 percent, and everybody will be comfortable with it.”
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

McCarthy is the best coach in the league. You can just tell he loves his team and values them more as people than football players. Anyone would love to play under this guy.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-25-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
If we bring in Hargrove as well, we're gonna have loads of defensive ends!
there's a difference between quantity and quality though

I hate to sound negative but we're bringing in guys that Seattle and Indianapolis didn't want

Last edited by princefielder28 : 03-25-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I hate to sound negative but we're bringing in guys that Seattle and Indianapolis didn't want
That's a good point, although they didn't want to let them go solely due to their playing level. Some was financial, and some age.

Was Seattle's defense really worse than ours was last year? I suspect not.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:

But whats the point of bringing them in though. Say we wanna get a defensive end in the draft we'll have to cut about 4 guys just to have a sensible amount. Who would those guys be?

CJ Wilson? Lawrence Guy? Mike Neal?

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-25-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That's a good point, although they didn't want to let them go solely due to their playing level. Some was financial, and some age.

Was Seattle's defense really worse than ours was last year? I suspect not.
Seattle has little talent at defensive end and let him go. Hargrove would be nothing more than a camp body and really he's undersized to play upfront in our defense.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Seattle has little talent at defensive end and let him go. Hargrove would be nothing more than a camp body and really he's undersized to play upfront in our defense.
Trust in Ted.
Also, he might play rushbacker in this scheme.
There are bigger guys that have done it.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

@PackersInsider
#twitter

I've been told that the Packers and Anthony Hargrove have agreed to a deal. Announcement is expected tomorrow or Tuesday
Old 03-26-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think what the Hargrove signing does is brings in a guy with pass rush skills that can maybe rub off on some of the other guys. Whether or not he will remain on the team, time will tell. Signing 2 DE's really makes me wonder if the packers are going to draft a DE high. Seems like too many DE's to me, especially considering Guy was redshirted last year.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I think what the Hargrove signing does is brings in a guy with pass rush skills that can maybe rub off on some of the other guys. Whether or not he will remain on the team, time will tell. Signing 2 DE's really makes me wonder if the packers are going to draft a DE high. Seems like too many DE's to me, especially considering Guy was redshirted last year.
Some will have to be cut, but then whats the point of bringing Hargrove in if you know you're gonna cut him.

Raji, Pickett, Neal, Wilson, Guy, Jolly Jones, Muir, Hargrove and guys from the draft and UDFA's. We could have around 10 defensive lineman going into camp.

RIP themaninblack