Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-26-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 21st pick in the 2012 draft, the Bengals select...

WR-Michael Floyd-Notre Dame

While the Bengals did draft a WR and a QB last year, their defense was a top ten defense last year. Their offense was in the bottom half. WR is not a huge need, but the Bengals don't have a huge need after a busy Free Agency.

They were in no way expected by anyone to draft a WR, but when a guy like this falls this far it is not a bad idea to take him. They already drafted Dre Kirkpatrick, and this pick gives them a strong first round. Dalton-Green-Floyd are a regular team on highlight films for the next 5 years.

And just for a little extra analysis, his arrest record seemed to really fit the direction they decided on many years ago.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
With the 21st pick in the 2012 draft, the Bengals select...

WR-Michael Floyd-Notre Dame

While the Bengals did draft a WR and a QB last year, their defense was a top ten defense last year. Their offense was in the bottom half. WR is not a huge need, but the Bengals don't have a huge need after a busy Free Agency.

They were in no way expected by anyone to draft a WR, but when a guy like this falls this far it is not a bad idea to take him. They already drafted Dre Kirkpatrick, and this pick gives them a strong first round. Dalton-Green-Floyd are a regular team on highlight films for the next 5 years.

And just for a little extra analysis, his arrest record seemed to really fit the direction they decided on many years ago.
I didn't see this coming, but I like your thinking.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just realized looking at the board that Luke Kuechly is going to fall to the Steelers. That's insane value. Both the Browns and the Lions have zero need for an MLB (now that Tulloch is resigned). *puke*

I have the Lion's pick typed up and ready whenever pick 22 is done.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's who I wanted the Titans to get, but just couldn't pull the trigger...
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
PrimeTime
Rookie

PrimeTime hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sorry guys, mother had neck surgery and I've been at her place.
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
D-Ware Nightmare
Rookie

D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 22nd pick in the NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select:

Mike Adams RT OSU

After picking up Richardson at 4 Cleveland held its breath on Michael Floyd dropping one more spot, however they had a tough decision made for them by the bengals. With the release of Tony Pashos there is a clear cut place for Adams to step right in at RT and stay there as long as Joe Thomas can man the LT spot. 37 will be a prime spot to land a pass catcher the likes of Stephen Hill, Alshon Jeffrey, or Coby Fleener,, whomever falls of the bunch.
D-Ware Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 23rd pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Detroit Lions select

Cordy Glenn, OT/OG, Georgia

After the dust settled from free agency two key needs emerged for the Lions: CB and OG. The team studied both Jenkins and Glenn hard and decided the baggage accompanying Jenkins was too much of a risk and grabbing the mauler out of Georgia.

Glenn may of had some struggles manning tackle on quicker players but make no mistake he is immensely strong and will thrive operating in the phone booth inside. He's the type of lineman that if you let him get his hands on you it's game over. He won't be able to pull effectively and he can close his balance when driving into contact but he has many technique improvements that should make him a starting OG from day 1.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay stupid question, how are you guys getting the image to show in your posts? I'm clickign on add image and I add the image location, but when I post it or review my post it only shows up as the actual url?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Okay stupid question, how are you guys getting the image to show in your posts? I'm clickign on add image and I add the image location, but when I post it or review my post it only shows up as the actual url?
Just post the link between [img] [/img]. If that doesn't work then I don't know what's wrong.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

With the 24th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

Dont'a Hightower- ILB- Alabama

The youth movement begins for the Steelers on defense with the selection of Hightower. Hightower is a thumper that can also blitz effectively. Along with Timmons they now have a formidable tandem at ILB for years to come.

Konz and Zeitler were very strong considerations here, but the Steelers feel they can address their OL in rounds 2 and 3.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 25th pick in the NFL draft the Denver Brocos select Luke Kuechly LB Boston College. In what has to be considered the steal of the draft, the Broncos get a top 10 pick at 25. To get Kuechly and Von Miller in back to back drafts gives them one of, if not the best, LB cores in the entire NFL. With Manning now on board and a bolstered D, the Broncos are in serious contention for the AFC title.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 03-26-2012 at 07:33 PM.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Oh crap, I totally forgot Kuechly was on the board. OOOPPPPSSSS

Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Broncos and their fans thank you!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I even pointed it out before making my pick :P
Old 03-26-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I even pointed it out before making my pick :P
I know and I was going to do it and got into a debate with a friend that's a Steelers fan and he kept mentioning Hightower.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I go out for a couple of hours to get a bite to eat and catch a movie and look at the movement that happens.... figures haha. Crazy to think Kuechley could fall this far, although there could be an argument that Hightower is a better fit for the "Thumper" role Farrior played in Pittsburgh. Denver would do a happy dance if they got that kind of value with their pick.

I think the Mike Adams is a bad fit for the Browns... He is a finness player best suited for LT on a pass happy team. He isn't very stong, so asking him to play RT on a team that is designed to pound the rock may not be the best move. IF they were to go O-line Cordy Glenn would be the more natural fit at either tackle or Guard. Also, Kendall Wright would be a great pick to add some explosion to a team that lacks playmakers on offense.

Thats all for me tonight, I belong to the GF tonight, just wanted to take a peek on the progress. Ill be back on tomorrow to update and hopefully it will be my turn again.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 26th pick in the NFL Draft the Houston Texans select Kendall Wright WR Baylor

WR may not seem like a position of need but Andre Johnson is 31 years old and they don't have any other playmakers in the passing game besides him. Stephen Hill also would get some consideration, but Wright can step in Day 1 and be that big play target across from Johnson something Houston has never had.

With Johnson and Wright outside that should give Arian Foster and Ben Tate even more room to run. Wright is versatile too, he can play the slot and return punts giving him even more value.

Classic luxury pick!!!

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 03-26-2012 at 10:56 PM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Kendall Wright pick. Houston must get a WO. I am prejudice, as I also love the Texans. When I picked for The Cincy Buttholes I wanted to pass on Floyd so that he would be there for the Texicans. But the value was too high.

I am glad you made that pick. It is a good one.

+ rep for you.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

totally didn't realize Andre was 31

Last edited by leroyisgod : 03-27-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 27th overall selection, the New England Patriots select CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama.

Belichick has a close relationship with Urban Meyer and gets the full report on Jenkins. UF coaches loved the guy, but had to dismiss him in order to save face for the University. The Patriots need secondary help badly. Based on pure talent, Jenkins is arguably the top CB in the draft.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
totally didn't realize Andre was 31
actually he's 30 now but he'll 31 before the season starts
Old 03-27-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 28th the Green Bay Packers select Peter Konz OC, Wisconsin

With Stephen Gilmore and Janoris Jenkins off the board Ted Thompson and company decide to take a run on the in state guy who grew up just 45 min outside of Green Bay. Not only is it a great PR move, Konz is one of the better prospects to come out in recent history. Konz is a great technician who can take a year of strength training and tutelage under Jeff Saturday to become primed as a 2013 starter.

Courtney Upshaw might also get a look here to pair with Clay Mathews on the outside.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

With the 29th overall selection, the Baltimore Ravens select Courtney Upshaw OLB, Alabama

The Ravens are amazed that Upshaw has fallen this far and simply cant pass on the perfect compliment to Terrell Suggs. Fleener would be a good fit if Upshaw wasn't available, the team has missed the presence of an impact TE since Todd Heap left. Stephen Hill could also get a look as a guy would brings a vertical threat.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 30th pick of the draft the San Francisco 49ers select OG/C Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin.

They have a need at both OG and C, so Zeitler should be able to fill one or the other and give them options on what to do later in the draft by taking the best available OG or best available C.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Let me first i do not think that New England will make this pick, this i probably a trade down to try to acquire another 1st rounder next year.... but since this is a mock with the 31st pick in the NFL Draft the New England Patriots select Andre Branch DE/OLB Clemson

Like i said before i do not think NE will hold on to this, i started to put down Harrison Smith (i think Barron is more of an in the box type and they already have Chung in that role), but ultimately NE goes with the versatility of Branch who can DE in 4-3 or OLB in the 3-4.