Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-26-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

No draft pick but people overrate the Draft. Look at the percentages of it and look at the percentages for the 49ers since the 2004 NFL Draft. Out of 70 draft picks since the 2004 NFL Draft, as of right now, there's only 30 players that are still on the team. Thats less than 50% so just like FA, there's no guarantee or sure thing. Just people tell you there is doesnt mean there is. And quite honestly, if it wasnt for the last two drafts, we wouldnt even be having this conversation. 15/18 players from the last two drafts is what made the team good to great but it remains to be seen if that percentage stays that way in the next few years. Odds are that it wont. Even if you only start with 2008, 18/31 players are still on the team and while thats past 50%, the 2008 and 2009 drafts were beyond HORRIBLE with only 3/13 players still on the team.

I'm tired of hearing everyone say build through the draft because while thats good, its equally as bad and has percentages show, its 50/50 at best. Every year, people here say build through the draft and yay, it finally worked and only took 9 years and three different head coaches, four if you count Erickson from 2004.
Even though 16 of the 22 starters are made up of former draft picks by SF?
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan, please list the successful NFL teams throughout history that their FA contributions approached even close to 50% of their roster.

Thanks.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is Dan's last name Snyder?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who backs up Alex Smith? Kaepernick or Johnson?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Who backs up Alex Smith? Kaepernick or Johnson?
I'm guessing it's up in the air. Kaepernick might have the leverage for the time due to football politics.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...23/1/index.htm

Quote:
By Tuesday he was in Raleigh, where he could throw under the eye of David Cutcliffe, who'd been his coordinator in college and is now the coach at Duke. That night 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and offensive coordinator Greg Roman came to see Manning throw on a lighted field at Duke. First they watched from a car by the side of the field, then, to get a better view, they came onto the field, hoodies pulled over their heads so as not to be recognized by some nosy iPhoner. Manning texted his mother, Olivia: "You'll never guess who I just worked out for. He was wearing a hoodie."

"Bill Belichick?" she responded.
Good one! Nope, Jim Harbaugh.
Very Harbaughian.

According to Peter King SF wasn't one of the three finalist for Manning.
Quote:
On Saturday night Manning called Dungy to discuss the pros and cons of the three finalists: Denver, Arizona, Tennessee.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
Old 03-27-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was Manning, I would have picked the Cardinals out of them three and not surprised SF wasnt in the top three. People here can say whatever they want but we werent paying him what he was looking for. It was nothing more than a flirtation and to lower Alex's demands/contract/whatever. Everyone here says that Baalke has a price on FA's and doesnt go past that price so why anyone here thinks that he would go past that price for a 36 year old QB who could be one hit away from retirement is beyond me.

As for naming FA's, im not going through all 32 teams as I could care less about 31 of them. Bottom line is that FA and the Draft is 50/50 and yeah, I know the majority of our starters in 2011 were from the draft but subtract the last two years and that percentage is horrible. And there's no guarantee that percentage stays as high as it is now in a few years from now. Either way, is 50/50. Like FA, the draft pick either succeeds or fails.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
So much FAIL in your logic, I dont even know why I'm responding but here it goes...

You do know that PM and the Niners NEVER discussed a contract or numbers right? They hadn't even gotten that far into process yet. Harbaalke wanted to know a) was he healthy enough and b) did they both(PM and the Niner's staff) have a mutual intrest in one another. That's why the intial workout in Durham took place. Notice Manning never visited the Niner facilities. There was no formal courting like of that of Titans or the Broncos. They went to kick the tires, found it was still some tread left on Manning, then decided it couldnt hurt to enter the Manning sweepstakes and take their chances. Don't confuse Baalke's approach to free agent value with being cheap. Baalke wants to win and he has no problem spending money if he believes a player is worth it. Baalke would have gladly paid that 18 million....why do you think we threw our hat in the ring? You think Baalke didnt know how much it would cost for Manning? C'mon now, get real. He knew EXCATLY what it would cost, which is why we had excatly 19 million in cap space when were waiting for Peyton to make his decision. You dont fly all the way across country, Cloak and Dagger style for a guy like Manning without knowing what your getting yourself into. Condon already informed teams what kind of money PM was looking for. You dont persue him unless your willing to pay the piper. Baalke showed last year, by making a push for Nhamdi that he has no problem going after elite talent. He would have gladly paid a HOF QB his asking price if he thought that meant bringing Lombardi #6 to San Francisco. We're talking about the most important position on the field, and we would have had one of the elite ones. Again, money WAS NOT the issue. But you keep right ahead telling yourself it was.
Money was not the issue? Yeah right. Believe what you want and I'll do the same and we'll leave it at that.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol I love how Dan thinks his opinions and speculation's are correct over actual proven facts.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Caplan
The #49ers worked out former Cardinals G Deuce Lutui earlier this week, a source confirmed. #freeagency
VAfy-ya brought his name up earlier in the week. Would love to know what he weighed in at.

Liked this write up by Kevin Lynch on misperceptions of the 49ers free agent strategy:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03...isperceptions/
Old 03-27-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
VAfy-ya brought his name up earlier in the week. Would love to know what he weighed in at.

Liked this write up by Kevin Lynch on misperceptions of the 49ers free agent strategy:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03...isperceptions/
Like I said, doesn't hurt to bring him in and see if he's motivated and in shape. But for the life of me, I dont understand our non-intrest in Jake Scott. The guy is one of the better pass-blocking OG in the league and has been apart of a one of the better rushing offenses for years. And he's just sitting in free agency, waiting to be plucked. At worst he loses the battle with Kilgore and is a solid back-up with experience. Just makes too much sense to bring him in for a look.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-27-2012 at 04:38 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lutui weighed in at 547 pounds, with 26% body fat and 74% suck.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
True! No thank you to Deuce. Remember he was the "other" guy who didn't care he was getting his butt whooped at home on MNF by the Niners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2vTzHf2tus

He doesn't put his heart and soul into anything....except eating donuts.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
He doesn't put his heart and soul into anything....except eating donuts.
he takes this **** seriously, especially eating donuts.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chilo Rachal > Deuce Lutui

:ducks:
Old 03-27-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Lol I love how Dan thinks his opinions and speculation's are correct over actual proven facts.
Proven facts? What proven facts? There arent any. People here say that Baalke was willing to spend that money on Manning and I say that was never going to happen. My opinion against others, thats it. Nothing more and nothing less. As for the Draft, look up the percentages yourself and you'll see that what I said is true. Every rookie just like FA is 50/50. They either work out or they dont, period. There's no middle ground.

Quote:
WOW!!! 547 lbs and the guy is still alive??? Jesus Christ.

Last edited by dan77733 : 03-27-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Chilo Rachal > Deuce Lutui

:ducks:
I'm taking my chances with Rachal.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
WOW!!! 547 lbs and the guy is still alive??? Jesus Christ.
Twas a joke, Dan.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers reached agreement with former Giants running back Brandon Jacobs.
Per Adam Schefter

Ugh. First news of Brandon Belt possibly being sent down and now this. Hasn't been a good past 2 days of fandom. Not a fan of the signing and I hope SF drafts a RB to push him off the roster.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 03-28-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As replacement for DIxon i am perfectly fine with him. He is the type of Back that compliments Hunter and is good for those short gains down the middle. Depending on the deal(knowing Baalke and our king of Contracts i guess its a good one) i must same i think its a good signing.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

I've just never been a big fan of his running style. Doesn't play to his size and I don't see him as much of an upgrade over Dixon. I would prefer to draft a bigger back on Day 2 or 3.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly dont see him making the final 53. I see this a motivation for Dixon to push him right off the roster. He's on the tail end of a medicore career. Never seen a big guy run so soft. Camp fodder, me thinks.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, hopefully this is a move to help motivate Dixon, time for him to get his ish together and run with some urgency.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I really hate Brandon Jacobs.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

At least im not the only one who doesnt like the Jacobs signing. I agree with you guys, he's probably just fodder for TC and was signed to push Dixon. As for RB in the draft, I would wait until next year because at best, any RB drafted will be 3rd on the DC. Gore is the starter and Hunter is the backup. Dont see a drafted RB making any difference whatsoever plus we also have Cartwright who'll make the final 53 since he's basically the special teams replacement for Costanzo.

Will be shocked if we draft a RB and even more shocked if Jacobs makes the final 53.