Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 03-31-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The write-ups they've done have been nothing short of fantastic. I look forward to those every day. Maybe if I say enough nice things about them I can guilt them into putting these types of write-ups into all their games. Muahaha.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I agree for the most part, but I'm not going to fault Comahan for trying to hurry people up with night actions and when there is a big lull asking what we're waiting for. I think he and Deep have done a great job. I also agree you shouldn't say who you are waiting on during the day, but after the game is done I'm really interested to know if there is one person who makes us wait each day.
The write-ups are kick ass! Not knocking those. More outside of the game

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about to send TBW my list of 40 characters for The Wire game I created. I'm hoping we can actually get 40 players signed up, if not I'll have to cut some. He'll make some adjustments and we'll move from there. You can put us as advanced planning if you want.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can only tell you that you should not have that many people. id advise you to not have more than 30

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We typically have big games here but 40 is massive and probably really tough to manage. Outside these forums most games ive played are 15-20 max
Old 03-31-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

40 is massive but I will upgrade you to advanced planning.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The HP game was 38 people but thats way too big. 25 would be a good number for most games.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it would be just around the same size as the Harry Potter one, I'm going to discuss it further with TBW but yeah it would be a fairly large game. With the two of us I think we could manage it.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to watch the wire so this is a great excuse for me to start watching it.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-31-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its really not only about managing it. it takes a **** load of time to get everyone talking and everything goes incredibly slow especially voting

Old 03-31-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
its really not only about managing it. it takes a **** load of time to get everyone talking and everything goes incredibly slow especially voting
I feel like the Harry Potter game ran fairly well. Again me and TBW are still discussing the details so we might get rid of a couple characters. It's tough in a universe like The Wire though where they is so many awesome characters and you're going to have to miss out on some either way.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Basically this. You're guaranteed to have tons of inactives but if you make a game with 25 people who are certain to be active the game will flow better.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-31-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
I feel like the Harry Potter game ran fairly well. Again me and TBW are still discussing the details so we might get rid of a couple characters. It's tough in a universe like The Wire though where they is so many awesome characters and you're going to have to miss out on some either way.
the first few days were brutally and you had days where people didn get to talk at all. I mean i keep forgetting ibc or broth are in the game.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
the first few days were brutally and you had days where people didn get to talk at all. I mean i keep forgetting ibc or broth are in the game.
I definitely see where you are coming from. I'm going to try my best to get active players in this one, and seeing as it will take place in June after school is done we're hoping players will be more active. We still might cut some characters. Keep in mind I know who the inactive players are and will try my best to keep them out of the game (IBC is usually good).
Old 03-31-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I definitely see where you are coming from. I'm going to try my best to get active players in this one, and seeing as it will take place in June after school is done we're hoping players will be more active. We still might cut some characters. Keep in mind I know who the inactive players are and will try my best to keep them out of the game (IBC is usually good).
oh god. i probably shouldn't be allowed in that game, i'll just be at home all day commenting pointless stuff. im going to try and stop that though.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-31-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah... I kinda explained why I wasn't super active early on in this game.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As long as you have Omar, Brother, Chris and Snoop(one character), Bubbles, McNutty, Marlo and Bunky I'm good... Oh and if Vikes is in it.... Make him Brandon.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Ive finished preparation for the Lord of the Rings Mafia. 25 person game.
I want in!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So anyone willing to help out with a Dexter one? Or should I just help with another game?

Old 03-31-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
So anyone willing to help out with a Dexter one? Or should I just help with another game?
I'll put you down in the planning stages of a Dexter game in case you get something else going.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I could try and help you, i know dexter pretty well and it would give me an excuse to watch them all again.

Having a 17 and 16 year old make a mafia game doesnt sound like a good idea though.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-31-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

I'm just hoping people aren't tired of these games by the time The Wire game rolls around, which will probably be 2-3 games from now. I'm very excited to be able to run this with TBW and I like what it looks like so far. I'm still having fun playing in the mafia games.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I could try and help you, i know dexter pretty well and it would give me an excuse to watch them all again.

Having a 17 and 16 year old make a mafia game doesnt sound like a good idea though.
Age has nothing to do with it, just the fact that I don't really like you :l

Old 03-31-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Age has nothing to do with it, just the fact that I don't really like you :l
**** it up on your own then. Fine by me.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-31-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just hoping people aren't tired of these games by the time The Wire game rolls around, which will probably be 2-3 games from now. I'm very excited to be able to run this with TBW and I like what it looks like so far. I'm still having fun playing in the mafia games.
People better still be playing them, thats the only one I'm really excited for. Im probably going to watch through the series again starting this week.